Mass Effect Legendary edition (Remastered 1,2 & 3)

Soldato
Yeah the Mako was the least enjoyable part for me. It was also the only part of ME1 where I would have performance issues where it felt like the game was at 30fps but as soon as you get out and on foot, everything felt normal again

Soldato
I don't understand why every planet you land on has to be outrageously mountainous. Had it been more reasonable terrain, it could have been a lot more enjoyable. Having to drive around to find mineral deposits as well, what were they thinking? I'm just using wiki maps. Still a pain, but more straight forward.

Regardless, I'm still enjoying myself. Trying to complete everything (except for the renegade mission), so it's going to take a while.

Decided I'm going to try and max out charm as well, just because I like the additional dialogue options. Playing as a soldier makes it a lot easier to do that, especially if you just focus on 1 weapon (assault rifles, with a few points in sniper). Other classes have too many fun skills to try and fill up otherwise.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Yeah the Mako was the least enjoyable part for me. It was also the only part of ME1 where I would have performance issues where it felt like the game was at 30fps but as soon as you get out and on foot, everything felt normal again

I was having performance issues when in the Mako driving around planets, found out it was because of Vsync, I had my PC plugged into my TV playing ME1 so wanted it on. The performance was a lot better with it off but couldn't stick the screen tearing. Soon has I turned it back on the frames dipped again.

Soldato
I much prefer the scanning. I can scan a planet in the time it takes the Mako to get halfway to the first objective. If I had to manually find all the secret locations on planets in ME1, rather than using wiki planet maps, I'd go insane. It's enough of a pain getting to them all in the Mako when you know where they are. I've got excess of one resource type now, so just hoping to hit the rest of them soon and be able to give up on it! Anyone know if there are more than needed to complete the quest (and does it make a difference if you've completed the quest, if you keep collecting?).

EDIT - Completed the mission well in advance of actually surveying/finding every planet/deposit. They do give cash rewards, but I'm pretty rich at the moment, so now going to worry about doing any more I think. If I see one on my way I'll stop off, and I'll still do the Survey on planets, since there's other things to find (and it's quick and painless for free cash), but I'm not hunting down hard to reach deposits in the Mako any more.

Last edited:
Caporegime
You know what makes planet scanning easy? Using an xbox gamepad! The mouse is soooo painfully slow

They even sped it up from the original using the gamepad. (I've always played using an Xbox controller so I can tell.) It always seemed to me that you're at a disadvantage doing the scanning with a mouse because you can't feel the vibrations when you're getting close to an elemental deposit like you do with the gamepad.

Soldato
There is a mod which allows you to get all the resources with one probe.

I've practically finished ME2 so I never bothered with it. Just have the suicide mission left to do

Soldato
Ooooh, I played me2 on xbox, the vibrations are a huge part of detecting minerals, might have to plug it in just for scanning then... Hadn't thought of that. Anyone tried it in legendary edition with m+kb?

Soldato
That's Mass Effect 2 ticked off. Had to do the last 30 minutes twice as two characters died and I wanted to save everyone. Got there in the end though

Been having a blast so far. Time to end it all.

Soldato
Is this worth playing?

If you haven't played mass effect before. Absolutely. If you have, then personally I'm enjoying it a lot, but I picked it up for £25.

Just finished 1, about to start 2. Only got to level 57, and I thought it was meant to be possible to get to 60, not sure I could have got that high, may have missed a few things on planets though, so perhaps.

Decided I'm going to stick with being a soldier in the end though. Then maybe have a 2nd playthrough as a sentinel, so more or less the opposite of what I'm doing.

jpm

jpm

Associate
Never plays 1 and 2 before and really enjoyed them! I played 3 on the 360 years ago and now going through it.

I don't know if my memory isn't up to scratch anymore or what because half the missions I'm doing in 3 I can't remember or I never done them when I first played it lol, but I'm really enjoying it and some of the missions are quite long and enjoyable.

Just having a break for half hour then jumping back on :D

Soldato
Is this worth playing?
Yes. I'm biased as I've always loved Mass Effect but I think for those who haven't played it, the legendary edition really is a perfect time to start.

I've stuck with Adept for all 3 games this time as I just love using biotic powers, have to love leaving foes helplessly dangling in the air until I pick them off one by one

Associate
I've not picked this up yet as just don't have the time at the moment. I will at some point as ME2 is my favourite game, and I actually enjoyed ME3 and, dare I say, liked the ending (don't judge me!!).
Want my kids to see it as well, but Jack swears like a trooper. Wish there was a mod to PG the game

Back
Top Bottom