Mass Effect Legendary edition (Remastered 1,2 & 3)

Soldato
The ending of me1 ( the cutscene after the main finale) and the start of me2 are two fantastic pieces of video.

Me2 with some brilliant funny lines. It's nice playing the games so close to one another that you pick up more readily on things.

Associate
Just started this, never played any ME game before.

3 hours in and so far I'm really liking it although there's too much info at the start, many characters, races, character progression elements etc and it's a bit overwhelming. I'm still at the Citadel.

Gameplay is not bad for such an old game either.

Associate
The voiced codex entries are really good for introducing you into Mass Effect lore. It's one of the only games that holds my interest.

Associate

3 hours in and so far I'm really liking it although there's too much info at the start, many characters, races, character progression elements etc and it's a bit overwhelming. I'm still at the Citadel.

The first game pulls the main duty of building the world and setting the scene for the remaining games, but stick with it and it will settle down particularly once you leave the Citatdel. To be honest the heavy lore is the main reason (among others) it's my favourite ME title.

ME1 has seen some real improvements to quality of life vs the original release. I'm half way through ME2 currently and I'd actually say it looks rougher in parts than ME1, and the combat feels less balanced - at least on veteran difficulty.

Last edited:
Soldato

There's a lot of lore, but as with a lot of rpgs you don't have to read it all. It can be nice to browse it as you have time though.

The first game pulls the main duty of building the world and setting the scene for the remaining games, but stick with it and it will settle down particularly once you leave the Citatdel. To be honest the heavy lore is the main reason (among others) it's my favourtie ME title.

ME1 has seen some real improvements to quality of life vs the original release. I'm half way through ME2 currently and I'd actually say it looks rougher in parts than ME1, and the combat feels less balanced - at least on veteran difficulty.

I did ME1 on Veteran and regret not doing it on Hardcore. Have put ME2 on hardcore and it feels a lot better so far.

On ME1 I stuck with the same team the whole time (I'm a soldier, had a biotic and an engineer) and had no issues, and felt powerful. In ME2 it's already feeling like I'm really going to want to spec my team out for the mission ahead as much as possible, so will be constantly chopping and changing team mates, I like that. I'm going to try and avoid reading ahead as to what exactly the mission contains, but I will be reading the mission specs etc to try and get a decent idea.

Soldato
There's a lot of lore, but as with a lot of rpgs you don't have to read it all. It can be nice to browse it as you have time though.

I did ME1 on Veteran and regret not doing it on Hardcore. Have put ME2 on hardcore and it feels a lot better so far.

On ME1 I stuck with the same team the whole time (I'm a soldier, had a biotic and an engineer) and had no issues, and felt powerful. In ME2 it's already feeling like I'm really going to want to spec my team out for the mission ahead as much as possible, so will be constantly chopping and changing team mates, I like that. I'm going to try and avoid reading ahead as to what exactly the mission contains, but I will be reading the mission specs etc to try and get a decent idea.
It's been a while since playing them all, but I get the feeling (thinking back) that there was mire of an emphasis to chop and change on the second one.

Associate
Honestly, this is one of the most fully realised Sci Fi universes outside of Trek/Wars - and they achieved that level of depth in a fraction of the time.
It really pays off for repeat play, or exploring the books and comics, but you can still play the campaign without the finer nuances. It's just that next time around, you'll have a lot of 'OH!' moments. :)

Soldato
I've just finished ME1 and am onto 2. I haven't played them in years. I made the mistake of playing ME1 on normal difficulty and didn't have any real trouble. I'd forgotten how good the story telling is. Sheer class.

Think I'll be trying an insanity run after i finish my first complete run through. 2 on hardcore is seeming a better challenge though.

Soldato
Think I'll be trying an insanity run after i finish my first complete run through. 2 on hardcore is seeming a better challenge though.
Is Insanity the highest level ? Don't remember which one I picked when I played it for the first time last year but once I get around to buy this I probably do that or the next second highest level.

Man of Honour
Well on my way in ME3 doing everything possible that I can do. Don’t think I did any of the dlc originally. Every bit as excellent as I remember them, it’s a perfect remaster.

Associate
I must be blind because I didn't see an option to pick a class in the character creation menu. Playing as a soldier so I guess I'm stuck with that. I'm reading that it's possible to change class in ME2?

Soldato
I must be blind because I didn't see an option to pick a class in the character creation menu. Playing as a soldier so I guess I'm stuck with that. I'm reading that it's possible to change class in ME2?

You have to select the right option at the beginning when naming the character. Unfortunately easy to miss, but soldier is still a fun build and a good intro to the game. Others can be a bit more complex.

Soldato
Scanning is definitely better than the Mako! I wonder if because this is through xbox game pass, and I completed me2 on my xbox 360, it's remembering that I've already completed it? Or it's just the Legendary version gives you plenty of resources to start with. Either way, you could easily get enough resources through just probing rich planets. I've now got excess resources, not bothering with any more, and there's still a ton of Rich planets out there. Trying to clear everything up before I do the point of no return mission. Want to try and get Legion on Tali's loyalty mission :D. On my next playthrough as a renegade sentinel, I may even try and see if it's possible to get Legion on Tali's recruitment mission, though I guess I skip her loyalty mission then, and that may impact things.

Never played me3 before, or the 2 major me2 dlcs, trying to stay reasonably spoiler free of those.

Associate
Just finished ME 1 and, for an old style RPG, I was surprised at how short it was. Finished in just under 30 hours, with nothing left to do except max out the insignias/metals from the planet scans.

Enjoyed it though - on to ME 2 now.

Soldato
Just finished ME 1 and, for an old style RPG, I was surprised at how short it was. Finished in just under 30 hours, with nothing left to do except max out the insignias/metals from the planet scans.

Enjoyed it though - on to ME 2 now.

It's not really a pure rpg for me. It has some features, but it's more about the story. Currently on me2 and have clocked about 76 hrs for 1+2. Not sure how long 1 was.

Loving the connection to decisions made in 1 though. Even if they don't feel that impactful, it's cool seeing characters again. Enjoying the humour too.

Looking forward to 3 since from what i understand it's there that your decisions come home to roost. Definitely going to do a second run through as pure renegade though, mostly been paragon this run ( apart from when there's no paragon option).

Back
Top Bottom