Mass Effect Legendary edition (Remastered 1,2 & 3)

Associate
It's nice to see new people enjoying it, for the rest of us, its just pure luxury of new graphics and revisiting old friends.

Soldato
It's nice to see new people enjoying it, for the rest of us, its just pure luxury of new graphics and revisiting old friends.

I never quite finished the series first time around, though played them all, not so much 3 though.

For me it's a joy revisiting ME1 with gamepad and 21:9 support, though it's a minor niggle having to use Flawless Widescreen to get rid of the majority of black bars in cut scenes, really lazy of the production team to not have eliminated those.

Soldato
I never quite finished the series first time around, though played them all, not so much 3 though.

For me it's a joy revisiting ME1 with gamepad and 21:9 support, though it's a minor niggle having to use Flawless Widescreen to get rid of the majority of black bars in cut scenes, really lazy of the production team to not have eliminated those.

I really enjoyed doing ME1 and 2 again, now have the 2 big DLCs to finish ME2 after the main mission (all survived). Really excited for ME3 as I've never played it.

Triply excited for a renegade run though! So many options that were tempting!

Loved taking Legion to Tali's loyalty mission! Hacking skill is really useful when you have 2 people with it, so you can actually use it without having to wait out a cooldown

Soldato
Does anyone like the default femshep? In my opinion she looks so horrible :/ I don't get how Bioware can be happy with this. Those lips are just so bad.

1328670_2021062723340wqjf3.png

In comparison, custom Femshep I did in few minutes

1328670_20210627234826ekh5.png

And I am impressed by the facial animations..they are definitely better than in Andromeda! And always were, this is not LE thing.

1328670_2021062723493mbjy2.png

1328670_20210627234944jjki.png

1328670_202106272350035kob.png

Associate
Picked this up today. I've played 2 & 3, and Andromeda but never the first one. Did they add an official FOV slider yet?

No, but Flawless Widescreen has been updated to cover the whole Legendary edition. Not only can you adjust the FOV but it also removes the black bars from conversations and in-engine cutscenes.

Soldato
No, but Flawless Widescreen has been updated to cover the whole Legendary edition. Not only can you adjust the FOV but it also removes the black bars from conversations and in-engine cutscenes.
Only issue I find is that so many of the cut scenes appear bugged with random characters popping in and out of the frame. I've turned off the 21:9 cutscenes for now and just leave it for the gameplay.

I never bought ME3 DLC when it came out but now after playing it I am furious that From Ashes and The Leviathan were not included in the main game. Ridiculous.

Soldato
I never bought ME3 DLC when it came out but now after playing it I am furious that From Ashes and The Leviathan were not included in the main game. Ridiculous.
I only played ME3 with them (back in 2012, I waited until they were available) but I agree, without them it is half a game. Javik alone is one of the best characters in the series. EA gonna EA.
With them though ME3 is my favourite ME game.

Soldato
Slowly readying myself for my next playthrough. Renegade sentinel I think. Squadmates are currently hopefully going to be wrex and garrus, garrus and jack (maybe grunt in place of garrus, maybe morinth in place of jack still unsure), then Javik and Edi. Will choose the other character near the end of me1. Still unsure of romances (was female last time, went Liara, Thane, Liara, really pleased I did the Thane one).

Definitely going to try and play through me3 differently, saving side quests till later (if not time sensitive), but I'll check some guides on what I can do when.

Have to say, the story telling, and outcomes, are genuinely moving in ME3. 1+2 help set the scene, but 3 really knocks all the pins down. I also love the inside jokes and stories (calibrating, donnely and kelly (that's the female engineer right?), size of Asari "assets" as they get older). So much to miss in these games if you don't take the time to talk to your crew between missions. I like how they handled the flavour text in me3. No need for all the conversation options, just straight talk and then repeat a set phrase when finished.

Soldato
Where I'm annoying everyone as a renegade i may end up alone anyway...

Having to save load a bit to avoid losing side quests through negative responses. I'd not mind as much if they helped my renegade score but it doesn't seem to for the most part.

Caporegime
I think this is my first ME playthrough where I haven't romanced anyone! My Renegade femShep doesn't screw her subordinates
I wanted that sweet Miranda polygonal model but when she and Jack were fighting I think I picked the wrong option and she wouldn’t entertain me any further.

Soldato
It's really hard playing as renegade :D. So many times I want to make the paragon choice. I'm not doing it perfectly, but I'm mostly managing. Trying to be pro-human but not necessarily xenophobe. Going to be interested in the later impacts.

Soldato
Finished. I loved going through that all again in such quick succession.

I annoyingly made a mistake in ME3 where I didn't start the Citadel DLC early enough and my photo ultimately ended up missing three friends. I feel really lost now as I've lived and breathed that game since it came out but I had a smile on my face the whole way through it.
Really felt like I was catching up with some good old friends.

10/10

Associate
^ I think you're getting your wires crossed, Leviathan and From Ashes are both in the Legendary Edition. It is Pinnacle Station that is missing due to the source code being corrupted.

Junglist is saying these two pieces of DLC should have been included in the orginal base version of ME3, and I'd be inclined to agree.

Soldato
Yeah, as @zola25 is saying. It's criminal such important DLC from a story point of view wasn't in the base game.

Since completing this earlier, I feel really lost aha. It's like I've had a summer fling, got attached and now it's all over

Back
Top Bottom