Mass Effect Legendary edition (Remastered 1,2 & 3)

Soldato
^ I think you're getting your wires crossed, Leviathan and From Ashes are both in the Legendary Edition. It is Pinnacle Station that is missing due to the source code being corrupted.

Junglist is saying these two pieces of DLC should have been included in the orginal base version of ME3, and I'd be inclined to agree.
I read up on it last night, how does code get corruted including backups? Sounds like the corrupted file was backed up, as I can't see the backups getting corrupted another way.

Associate
I read up on it last night, how does code get corruted including backups? Sounds like the corrupted file was backed up, as I can't see the backups getting corrupted another way.

My best guess is that by the time the corruption was noticed the last "good" backup had aged out of the cycle. A competent version control system should prevent that, but have no clue what Bioware/EA are using.

Soldato
So I picked this up about 3 weeks ago, I have played through 1 and I'm about half way through 2 and today the launcher decides to stop working.

The icon appears in the task bar for a few seconds and then drops back to the origin game library, any thoughts? It worked fine last night.

Done all the usual steps for trouble shooting the game, checked the game integrity, messing about with the region settings as suggested on google, drivers etc.

Soldato
So I picked this up about 3 weeks ago, I have played through 1 and I'm about half way through 2 and today the launcher decides to stop working.

The icon appears in the task bar for a few seconds and then drops back to the origin game library, any thoughts? It worked fine last night.

Done all the usual steps for trouble shooting the game, checked the game integrity, messing about with the region settings as suggested on google, drivers etc.

Tracked it down using windows event viewer and it was bugging out with something relating to sonic studio which is Asus audio software. It seems the driver had been updated automatically, I've rolled them back and disabled automatic driver updates :rolleyes:. Seems to be working now.

Soldato
Can you play this game, so you don't get anyone one your side, and you lose badly to the reapers?

I might find that out later... though jduging from how power I had at the end of my paragon me3 run, I think you'll struggle not to reach the required line it shows you, as long as you actually do scanning/side quests etc.

Just completed me1 (second run through for legendary edition) as a renegade. I did manipulate some conversations to allow me to use intimidate options, and didn't just tell side quest people that I can't do their quest. I dislike that you sometimes have to pick a "paragon" or neutral option, just to allow you to reach intimidate checks, seems ludicrous to me. First time I played this and...

let the council die. First time supporting Udina too. Really wonder what impact that will have, the ending of me1 makes it sound like it'll be big, but I wonder if that will be true.

I am interested if ME2 has a similar issue, where choosing renegade cuts you out of actual renegade options. Will be fun finding out, and the impacts on 3 I can already see some from my choices, going to be interesting seeing how the story plays out!

Soldato
Anyone think HDR is waste of time? With HDR on everything looks way too bright its like the bloom effect from Oblivion

https://ibb.co/X31vhs9
https://ibb.co/KN0ZCzb
Tbh (only playing on 1 atm) I didn't think there was much difference with it on/off. Playing on an oled for reference. It must have been shoehorned in though as not sure hdr even existed when the trilogy were first released.

Associate
Just started ME2 - completely forgot how much a step up the combat is compared to the first. It's a shame they didn't implement the same combat across all three - the store in the first game was great though.

Soldato
Anyone think HDR is waste of time? With HDR on everything looks way too bright its like the bloom effect from Oblivion

Ultimately I decided that HDR was better off as some scenes, especially in ME1, were so dark I couldn't see where I was going.

Completed the trilogy a week or so ago. Loved it so much but it completely killed gaming for me as I have no desire to play anything else right now. Decided I'm going to start another play-through. My last run was as an Adept through all 3 games being a femShep Renegade. Going to do a good guy MaleShep full paragon run. Not sure what class, maybe Soldier, I had my fun using biotic powers.

Soldato
Ultimately I decided that HDR was better off as some scenes, especially in ME1, were so dark I couldn't see where I was going.

Completed the trilogy a week or so ago. Loved it so much but it completely killed gaming for me as I have no desire to play anything else right now. Decided I'm going to start another play-through. My last run was as an Adept through all 3 games being a femShep Renegade. Going to do a good guy MaleShep full paragon run. Not sure what class, maybe Soldier, I had my fun using biotic powers.

I think I started my second run a bit too soon, very nearly burnt out on ME1, though enjoying the start of 2 now. I was paragon femshep soldier, now renegade menshep Sentinel. Wanted a run of pretty much just gunplay, then one with powers.

I will say the setup of ME3 pushes you towards powers a lot more (at least I felt that way), wonder if I'll feel the same with sentinel.

Associate
I am thinking about picking this up ("Leaving Earth" came on my playlist today and it caused some very vivid memories).

Ideally I would rather own it on Steam but if I go in this direction does it still load up Origin anyway?

Much obliged for any advice in advance.

Soldato
I am thinking about picking this up ("Leaving Earth" came on my playlist today and it caused some very vivid memories).

Ideally I would rather own it on Steam but if I go in this direction does it still load up Origin anyway?

Much obliged for any advice in advance.
Yes, even if you buy it through steam you still have to have origins own launcher installed since it will launch that one when you click in steam to play the game.

Soldato
Taking me longer to get through my 2nd playthrough. Obviously a bit of burnout, but also, it's getting me down playing renegade! Leaving David in Overlord was tough. Giving Legion to Cerberus will probably be tough too.

Associate
When I bought this I was so excited to replay them for the first time since they came out but unfortunately I've just not been gripped again.
Barely got off the Citadel in 1 before getting drawn to other games

I'm still yet to understand the appeal
All it seems to do every time I use it is wash out all the colours

Caporegime
Finished all three a couple of days ago. Some questionable decisions I made and as I’d never completed ME 1 half my squad was dead lol. Sadly Kaiden survived.

Back
Top Bottom