Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Associate
I can't get the FreeBets4All Automatcher to return any results at all, well it did once, but always comes up with:

"No bets were returned using the specified options. Please consider revising your filter and time frame selections."

This is something I would do and understand as I regular use Betfair to 'green up' using various methods, Im just not getting along with this Automatcher thing, annoying, unless it their site thats having a few probs.

Disappointing.

Soldato
I can't get the FreeBets4All Automatcher to return any results at all, well it did once, but always comes up with:

"No bets were returned using the specified options. Please consider revising your filter and time frame selections."

This is something I would do and understand as I regular use Betfair to 'green up' using various methods, Im just not getting along with this Automatcher thing, annoying, unless it their site thats having a few probs.

Disappointing.
They updated it recently and since then it has been incredibly sluggish, I stopped using it in favour of Oddsmonkey

Associate
Working fine in Excel 2010 here :S

Mine is giving me some random vba error's might be something random with our install at work. I'll look into it ;)

Edit: lol yeah fixed it, I forgot I messed up our install image at work & didn't install the "VBA for Applications" feature in Office, just installed it & it's now working ok it seems. :o

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is giving me some random vba error's might be something random with our install at work. I'll look into it ;)

Edit: lol yeah fixed it, I forgot I messed up our install image at work & didn't install the "VBA for Applications" feature in Office, just installed it & it's now working ok it seems. :o

That's the problem I get in open office, not sure how to fix it though

Soldato
Has anyone done arb betting?

Only in the process of doing qualifiers when I find an arb. Haven't made anything much out of it - just sometimes a little bit of profit from a qualifier instead of a little bit of loss.

Some people do it actively, generally after exhausting most of the signup offers. You have to be quick as arbs don't stick around for long, and they are a good way to get your bookie account limited.

Caporegime
Yeah I figured they are hard to find, plus big risk if you go in with big numbers and then the bookie limits your second bet!

What do you use to find you bets for matched betting, I just used FTO, but I guess this is the lazy way.

Associate
www.bestbetting.co.uk
www.oddschecker.co.uk

Those are the 2 big ones from the UK. If you can get your head around doing it manually rather than FTO then I recommend doing this. All fto are doing are taking referrals from your accounts and probably offering worse signup offers. You can also then underlay Free bets to make even more if they win and maybe just a little less than evening out if it loses. The gravy train has pretty much gone as regards uk signups but as other have pointed out the better offers usually come with the big race meets, Cheltenham being the best, but even this year it was shocking for offers.

Soldato
Can someone just get this straight for me because I just want to double check I'm not being retarded....

Straight forecast for this season: 1st Tottenham/2nd Man City = 990....

so a £2 lay bet returns to me a potential £1,978.00 IF it doesn't happen. But I have to pay out £1,978.00 to BETFAIR, IF it does ? Correct ya?

Soldato
Can someone just get this straight for me because I just want to double check I'm not being retarded....

Straight forecast for this season: 1st Tottenham/2nd Man City = 990....

so a £2 lay bet returns to me a potential £1,978.00 IF it doesn't happen. But I have to pay out £1,978.00 to BETFAIR, IF it does ? Correct ya?

No, a £2 lay bet would win you £2 minus commission. Think of it as you are the bookmaker :)

Associate
Ive been into this for the past couple of weeks, doing ok so far no massive **** ups. Invested £250 into this and made about £100 profit incl. cashback so far, got some to be settled this weekend.

If anybody wants a betfair referral let me know.

Caporegime
Do you have to join Betfair in order to to this? I already have an account and can't seem to find where I need to go on FTO's website to sign into Betfair.

Back
Top Bottom