Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What sort of bankroll you needing to make that sort of money (your "main" accounts).

I currently have £2500 in betfair, £500 in smarkets, £800 across various bookie accounts and £2000 in the bank account.

Just mug betting my accounts for one day can empty my betfair account.

Associate
I currently have £2500 in betfair, £500 in smarkets, £800 across various bookie accounts and £2000 in the bank account.

Just mug betting my accounts for one day can empty my betfair account.

I usually favour smarkets due to the 2% commission, but I guess that if you're laying serious bank, to get it fully matched you'd need a bigger market, is that why the betfair is the highest balance?

Soldato
Does the money made cover your "mug" bets or is it before "account maintenance" takes its cut? I'm maybe missing something on that. Actually... I assume even the mug bets you cover on betfair so you're only loosing pennies?

Soldato
Does the money made cover your "mug" bets or is it before "account maintenance" takes its cut? I'm maybe missing something on that. Actually... I assume even the mug bets you cover on betfair so you're only loosing pennies?

that's the way I see it - look for odds on things, bet on the same team etc.

Like backing Man Utd @ 1.3, then lay on betfair @ 1.31 etc. So £25 on United at the bookies and laid @ 1.31 on betfair would cost you 49p

Stick to the same teams, same F1 driver etc. Same stakes helps as well.

At least that's my basic understanding of it!

Soldato
Yeah, that makes sense, when you win on something unusual, it kinda nicely fits as a "had a useful tip" bet.

Assuming I'm starting with zero bookies accounts opened, what's a rough estimate on the haul one should expect? I'd likely do the month of PA rather than blundering around trying to follow random bits.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I usually favour smarkets due to the 2% commission, but I guess that if you're laying serious bank, to get it fully matched you'd need a bigger market, is that why the betfair is the highest balance?

The trouble with smarkets is the lack of liquidity - trying to lay £50 bets on smarkets is painful, so I only use it for £25 bets or below.

As far as losses on mug betting goes - yeah, I lay those off as well - it costs around £10 a day. But that's covered easily by the free bets. For example, If my profit is £500 one week, then I'm happy to lose £50 of that on mug bets the following week.

It also means I rarely have to withdraw from bookies as the money nearly always ends up in the betfair account.

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
The problem with low cost "Mug" bets is that they are low cost...

Bookies care more about value than anything else, long term the punters they lose money to are the ones that take 1.3 bets where the lay is close to 1.3

A true mug bet is someone that takes 1.3 when the lay is at 1.8

But of course as a match better that costs you more money.

You might keep doing it thinking it's keeping your account alive but is it really? What insider info do any of us have on what traders use to make their decisions?

Caporegime
The trouble with smarkets is the lack of liquidity - trying to lay £50 bets on smarkets is painful, so I only use it for £25 bets or below.

As far as losses on mug betting goes - yeah, I lay those off as well - it costs around £10 a day. But that's covered easily by the free bets. For example, If my profit is £500 one week, then I'm happy to lose £50 of that on mug bets the following week.

It also means I rarely have to withdraw from bookies as the money nearly always ends up in the betfair account.

How the hell can you still be doing these free bets? They must run out eventually?

Soldato
StanJames promotion:

"£5 RISK FREE - SUPER GRAPHICS SUPER LUCKY

Enjoy a risk free £5 on us this Thursday. Just stake £5 on our new game Super Graphics Super Lucky and we will give you £5 straight back in cold, hard cash - win or lose.

Stake £5 and take £5, simple! The real question is - how much will your £5 win?"

I didn't win anything :rolleyes: but better luck to everyone else :cool:

Last edited:
Soldato
Had a race in York and covered with Betfair, hopefully it comes second and nets me a £25 free bet.

Also won £8 on scratchcards on will hilsl, free £5 refunded if you lose worth a dabble folks.

Soldato
StanJames promotion:

"£5 RISK FREE - SUPER GRAPHICS SUPER LUCKY

Enjoy a risk free £5 on us this Thursday. Just stake £5 on our new game Super Graphics Super Lucky and we will give you £5 straight back in cold, hard cash - win or lose.

Stake £5 and take £5, simple! The real question is - how much will your £5 win?"

I didn't win anything :rolleyes: but better luck to everyone else :cool:

Free spins on joint account = £4 profit.
Not a single winning spin on my account = await refund. ;/

Back
Top Bottom