Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

unless its changed it will need to make (and lay) bets totalling 6x your bonus to release the funds iirc

Or just go high(ish) odds so the bets are more likely to lose into your exchange.

I've never had to do the full roll over for Bet365 - most of them lose on the first two bets in fact.

Aye, I went for lowest odds I could find because I didn't want to have to deposit a butt ton of money to lay them.

Well, if you're doing the B365 offer you should have done most of the other easy offers already so by then you should have a bank of about a grand.

Or just go high(ish) odds so the bets are more likely to lose into your exchange.

I've never had to do the full roll over for Bet365 - most of them lose on the first two bets in fact.

Recently did 2 lots of £1,500........only lost £6 on one of them (and about £25 on the other but most of that was from a **** up from me - never match betting on my phone again!). It was long!

Recently did 2 lots of £1,500........only lost £6 on one of them (and about £25 on the other but most of that was from a **** up from me - never match betting on my phone again!). It was long!

Were they all at low odds - something like 2 or 3 for example?

Just looked at my spreadsheet, of that £6.51 total loss - it would have finished around £1 down if it weren't for the £5.75 loss from the last of 67 bets :p.

Yes, down to good (though not particularly low by the looks of it) odds including arbs (lay lower than back odds). Some of them below:

m9ce86.jpg

Last edited:
Who you using for lay? A lot of potential arbs in there.

For Skybet club, I assume the £5 free bet for £25 placed is a stake returned bet?

Well, if you're doing the B365 offer you should have done most of the other easy offers already so by then you should have a bank of about a grand.

I've done a bunch others but only £200ish profit so far, prior to bet365 the Ladbrokes £50 freebet was highest i'd done.

Last edited:
Who you using for lay? A lot of potential arbs in there.

For Skybet club, I assume the £5 free bet for £25 placed is a stake returned bet?

That was all with Betfair, recently switched to Smarkets for most of my laying. It (commission) really does make a difference :) though I do prefer Betfair's website.

So I originally deposited £100 on Bet 365 and so far i've placed three seperate bets that have, annoyingly, all won and my balance is now what you see below.

Jh5PM7Z.png

I know there is a rollover amount before being able to withdraw but what I dont know is if my next bet has to be for that entire amount so that the bonus money is included or if I can just make a series of smaller bets to eventually "unlock" that £155?

You will have to meet the rollover requirement to withdraw the bonus balance and you can do it in as many bets as you like. Alternatively, you can bet your entire balance and aim to lose it into the exchange but I personally am against this option. You'll easily do the rollover betting on 365's good correct score odds for 0-0 refund or doing their regular in play offers. Betting your whole balance like that just screams APer, especially if you do it at long odds.

I've only ever done bets on match odds, are correct score or in play bets better somehow? How do you lay them?

They are no better or worse - but some free bets are in-play only. You lay them the same as any other bet. But with in play you need to be very quick or ideally wait until the odds stabalise such as at half time with a football bet or end of a game with tennis etc.

So I originally deposited £100 on Bet 365 and so far i've placed three seperate bets that have, annoyingly, all won and my balance is now what you see below.

Jh5PM7Z.png

I know there is a rollover amount before being able to withdraw but what I dont know is if my next bet has to be for that entire amount so that the bonus money is included or if I can just make a series of smaller bets to eventually "unlock" that £155?

Ha ha! That's my luck as well. If I put a straight bet in a horse it will usually end up on the deck being shot by the vet, but the minute I want it to lose for ease of a matched bet, I can suddenly pick an 8/1 winner from a twenty strong field!

So can I definitely place a series of small bets to unlock the bonus money? When I placed the free bet originally I had to make it £155 because I had the £100 bonus + £55 withdrawable. I really dont want that same rule to apply now since I dont want to have to lay a £390 bet.

You think thats bad, I put a 100 quid qualifier on at stan james on some horse with odds that would make you think it was crippled.

After cashing out several grand later... my account was permanently closed :D

So can I definitely place a series of small bets to unlock the bonus money?

Yes. If you go to the My Account > Bonus section it will show you what wagering requirements you have left.

Out of interest, why did you not go for the full £200 bonus?

Back
Top Bottom