Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Only recently joined Smarkets and it's costing me more money due to its system. No idea how but I layed a bet at 1. 12 for 36 pounds which cleared the market and a further 10 at 1.14 yet it shows as 1.2 and 1.24 making me a pretty large loss for a qualifier of £50. Not impressed and support didn't help either.. No idea how that even happened.

Only recently joined Smarkets and it's costing me more money due to its system. No idea how but I layed a bet at 1. 12 for 36 pounds which cleared the market and a further 10 at 1.14 yet it shows as 1.2 and 1.24 making me a pretty large loss for a qualifier of £50. Not impressed and support didn't help either.. No idea how that even happened.

Ive never had that problem with them after hundreds of bets. They will give you better odds if available though which is nice.

Ive never had that problem with them after hundreds of bets. They will give you better odds if available though which is nice.

Same. I've been able to match or even go under the back by putting in lower lay prices and waiting.

Nice when then happens and you get a horse with a price match boost

Had a nice one last night, placed my Paddy free bet on Sevilla/City draw, Sevilla scored to make it 1-2 just before I managed to lay, doubled my profit due to the odds swing on Betfair.

Strictly speaking though this is the very reason I find inplay stressful. Always mean to wait until half time but the odds never seem as close during stoppages.

got the 4 x £5 paddy bets, just placed them, hardly worth laying, not looking good at moment though

made £30 off the bet365

one thing that becomes obvious is that you would have to be an absolute idiot to bet real money in play with bookies, shocking odds

got the 4 x £5 paddy bets, just placed them, hardly worth laying, not looking good at moment though

made £30 off the bet365

one thing that becomes obvious is that you would have to be an absolute idiot to bet real money in play with bookies, shocking odds

More likely that they adjust odds for games with free bet offers. It's hard for the bookies to compete with betfair in play though.

Back
Top Bottom