Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

Started last Sunday dabbling it matched betting and so far I'm £22.35 up after only doing 1 offer with Paddypower and a free £5 bet which netted me £2 (Shame I bet on England to beat Scotland though).

Got myself a nice spreadsheet setup I found online that keeps track of my bets and even gives some nice statistics and graphs.

How do you make so much per month? I've only started out but it seems to be small amounts for each offer.

I put in a fair amount of time. 1-2 hours during the week doing ACCAs then pretty much 3-4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

Jan was more like £900 but I was a bit silly on the slots...;)

I put in a fair amount of time. 1-2 hours during the week doing ACCAs then pretty much 3-4 hours on a Saturday and Sunday.

Jan was more like £900 but I was a bit silly on the slots...;)

so that works out at around £30 per hour?

4 hours over the weekened + 4 hours in the week = 8 hours x 4 (weeks) = 32 hours a month roughly equates to £30/ph ?

How do you make so much per month? I've only started out but it seems to be small amounts for each offer.

£500 a month is easy, esp if you start treating as a job rather than a hobby to make some spare cash.

I've averaged £1400 a month since last June and that's excluding a fluke £3500 bingo win.

I can highly recommend Yesbets, they keep track of all bets, balances for you, meaning no filling out of spreadsheets, which I found incredibly time consuming and boring. Their reload section is pretty handy too, already got £60 worth of in play bets to come over this weekend.

Moneysaving expert forum is also pretty good for hunting out those extra offers

So, I used to do MB a good few years ago, netted about £2000 in a couple of months then stopped. I then started up again early last year, using PA, made about £400, before having to withdraw it all and use the money for an unexpected matter.

I'm keen to start again, but, some of the bigger newbie offers I have used through PA last year and I live at the same address.

I do have a different bank account I can use, but I'm guessing my name and address alone will identify a duplicate account.

So, what is the best way to proceed from here? Just accept I've lost out this time on newbie offers (having done them before) and try other bookies and reloads, or am I missing a trick?

My main problem will be starting capital, I won't be able to devote more than £150 to any MB endeavour at the moment!

Appreciate your input folks. :)

I do have a different bank account I can use, but I'm guessing my name and address alone will identify a duplicate account.

... Just accept I've lost out this time on newbie offers (having done them before) and try other bookies and reloads
Aye, pretty much.
My main problem will be starting capital, I won't be able to devote more than £150 to any MB endeavour at the moment!
For something like Hills "bet 20 get 10" that's plenty, but otherwise quite limiting. You'll struggle to extract the most from larger free bets, to tackle more lucrative promos, or to do more than one thing at once.

Fairly typical Saturday - combined liability on betfair ~£700 (enhanced ACCA under layed, C4 racing 2nd place refund stuff, and extracting a couple free bets).

Have you done all the sign ups? I know that there are about 35+ on yesbets. There is plenty of cash to be had on the reloads and reckon with £150 you could get a few of the in plays done with that amount, it will just take you a little longer to build the balance up... There were about £60 in in play bets on the reload page today.

Thanks for the replies.

I have probably done around 12 sign ups (from memory) last year, so if there are around 35, then there are certainly more to do.

I've never done inplay betting before, is it the same principal, except done live, as opposed to in advance?

I liked using the PA site before, as between my wee girl and working full time, I often find it difficult to put a great amount of time into matched betting.

I will check out YesBets and happy to take onboard any other advice or recommendations!

Hi thesarkactor,

in play stuff is the same, except you will need to place your free bet at a particular time (normally half time of the game in question), so you are time restricted in that sense. The horse racing refunds, its about being around when there are good matches. For both Saturday morning is a big time for reloads. Yeah, I can vouch for Yesbets, it's only £11.99 per month (I think PA is £22?) and as I said before it keeps track of everything for me so no spreadsheets to fill out. I also think their reload section is really good too. But if you want to save the money check out MSE forum, it's pretty messy and long winded, but it's free.

Hi thesarkactor,

in play stuff is the same, except you will need to place your free bet at a particular time (normally half time of the game in question), so you are time restricted in that sense. The horse racing refunds, its about being around when there are good matches. For both Saturday morning is a big time for reloads. Yeah, I can vouch for Yesbets, it's only £11.99 per month (I think PA is £22?) and as I said before it keeps track of everything for me so no spreadsheets to fill out. I also think their reload section is really good too. But if you want to save the money check out MSE forum, it's pretty messy and long winded, but it's free.

For the inplay you don't necessarily have to wait until half time. I've always found the first five minutes offer decent value.

First 5 minutes can offer better value, but when you first start out, it's often easier at half time as the odds aren't moving as fast. Now I quite often do them in the first 5 minutes as you say, mainly because I'm inpatient.

bet365 £50 risk free offer is back on this Tuesday for the Chelsea match, easy £30 to be made :)

as far as sites to use, matchedbettingblog.com is a good free site I usually check out for the offers and it has a fairly active community

Back
Top Bottom