Matched betting - who's done it and who's good at it? (No Referrals)

I've been using profit accumulator for the last year but bit tired of their monthly subscription and i'm too lazy to constantly search reload offers every day. Has anyone used 'Yesbets' in comparison?

I really rate yesbets, half the price and their reload section is pretty good in my opinion. They present the matches to you for each particular reload, and tell you exactly what to bet, so no manual searching. It has made it all a lot quicker, what with recording all my bets and balances as well.

Matchedbetting blog is also very good, so might want to to take a look at them too.

Never thought about PA's cost, still think it's worth it and I am kind of invested in their ecosystem/group. Belloni - I believe they are releasing a new type of odds matcher, one specifically for fast moving odds/matchers just before the event. Could be very useful.

So how does PA/yesbets cope with in play bets? Obviously very volatile.

The forum on PA is the best place I've found for in play info.

On a side note I'm sure it has been mentioned in here about an IP "blocker" (lack of technical term). I want to do some bets for my brother who's at a different address but I'm not sure if it coming from the same IP will look dodgey.

The forum on PA is the best place I've found for in play info.
Was meaning I take it you have to find the best odds yourself, albeit with a few pointers? For in play I wouldn't want anything between me and the bookie/exchange. So not sure what the benefit of having PA is?
It has made it all a lot quicker, what with recording all my bets and balances as well.
Am I alone in not bothering to record anything in detail? I just have a rough daily/weekly profit total in my head.

Was meaning I take it you have to find the best odds yourself, albeit with a few pointers? For in play I wouldn't want anything between me and the bookie/exchange. So not sure what the benefit of having PA is?

Am I alone in not bothering to record anything in detail? I just have a rough daily/weekly profit total in my head.

Maybe it wasn't clear what I meant or I've misunderstood what you were asking. For matching inplay bets the PA forum has various posts for the different offers, people post the best matches in there so it's just a case of logging on seeing the match and placing the bet.

I only record what I've put on. Keep a list of money I've put in, money I've got in accounts/withdrawn. Subtract the two gives profit.

Sorry, perhaps I should have been clearer, so not not only does yesbets, record my bets and balances, so don't need to write anything down, it also then shows me the best events I can bet on based on my balances. It stops you having those moments where you go to place a bet then lay it off only to realise I don't have enough in my exchange to do it, then having to frantically deposit before the odds change. It really does help me to not make mistakes or come unstuck as everything is tailored to the money that I have in my accounts.. It's a really nifty site and allows me to get more bets done, with less mistakes, faster.

Perhaps its just me that likes the features, but it does seem to help me a lot in my matched betting antics:D:D

For in play stuff, I tend to just go to the urls and then just pick the best match at the time, I nearly always do the W/L/D market due to liquidity and odds.

BTW B365 have their £50 in play offer on the Chelsea game tomorrow, guaranteed £30 profit!!

Maybe it wasn't clear what I meant or I've misunderstood what you were asking.
Bit of both perhaps :)

Was meaning when it comes placing any bets in play when the odds are very volatile. xibinim had mentioned "a new type of odds matcher ... one specifically for fast moving odds/matchers just before the event".

For any other bets something like oddsmonkey is sufficient (and free). £23 for PA just seems poor value unless you need a lot of hand holding, but I'd happily be convinced otherwise.

Perhaps its just me that likes the features, but it does seem to help me a lot in my matched betting antics:D:D
Most of the stuff you describe sounds fine but also seems like it might foster a reliance on using a particular site in the long term. No incentive to get your head round things which would enable you to do it on your own.
For in play stuff, I tend to just go to the urls and then just pick the best match at the time
So you could do that without Yesbets? That was what I was getting at initially.
I nearly always do the W/L/D market due to liquidity and odds
What % extraction do you normally get? Over/under and correct score markets can be better if you have sufficient funds in your exchange. It feels slightly counter-intuitive initially but often what appears to be a poor match at higher odds will be better than a close match at low odds.

Bit of both perhaps :)

Was meaning when it comes placing any bets in play when the odds are very volatile. xibinim had mentioned "a new type of odds matcher ... one specifically for fast moving odds/matchers just before the event".

For any other bets something like oddsmonkey is sufficient (and free). £23 for PA just seems poor value unless you need a lot of hand holding, but I'd happily be convinced otherwise.

Waiting until half time for in play bets works quite well the odds stabilise for a while. Luckily I signed up to PA before the price increase so it's about 16quid a month I pay, main advantage for me is the forum for things like ACCAs, saves me having to look for good games as people will post their best selections.

Most of the stuff you describe sounds fine but also seems like it might foster a reliance on using a particular site in the long term. No incentive to get your head round things which would enable you to do it on your own.

So you could do that without Yesbets? That was what I was getting at initially.

What % extraction do you normally get? Over/under and correct score markets can be better if you have sufficient funds in your exchange. It feels slightly counter-intuitive initially but often what appears to be a poor match at higher odds will be better than a close match at low odds.

I suppose it does foster a reliance in a way, but I think I get more than £11.99's worth of benefit from it, so for me it offers value. I have also tried PA, and that offers far less for double the price, but does have a forum which is good

I could do all of it without yesbets, but it would take me much longer to do and time is money so they say. I would recommend matchedbettingblog if you really don't want to pay a monthly fee, you do need to do the work yourself, but it's free after all.

I always look to extract 80% on my in plays, so £8 return on a £10 in play.

Is there a guide or post anywhere that explains how the accas work for guaranteed profit? I'm probably searching for the wrong thing but can't seem to find anything that explains what to do.

I get the whole concept of matched betting, just not how you lay against an acca to guarantee the profit...

Thanks.

I've downloaded the spreadsheet and stuck in a couple to see if I can work out what's going on but I'm still struggling to see how any money is made of these.
For example if I back PSG (1.71) and Benfica (2.1) as a double (3.57) then lay 1.71 and 2.2 respectively against each leg it comes out as a 69p loss off a £10 bet.
I'm so confused...

Back
Top Bottom