Matthew Perry dead at 54 - RIP

Honestly the US healthcare industry is/was a disgrace. Selling people powerful painkillers with zero care for the fact they'd get addicted. The "care" in healthcare is an oxymoron for so many, its just all about the $ and the more $ the better and screw the consequences. The opiate crisis is all on them. Not that I think he died of that but he did suffer with addiction for years from being prescribed powerful painkillers for a back injury.

RIP.

Death in jacuzzi

Seems like code word for accidental drug overdose. There have been dozens of celebrities to die by drugs while in a hot tub, so when I hear of another I automatically think drugs
Yep. From everything I read, he was sadly very troubled. So it doesn't surprise me but I'm still absolutely gutted that he's gone. I loved him in Friends. :(

so sad to see this, must have watched the whole of friends over 20 times so many laughs over the years.
mad how money and fame can break you.
wont be the same watching it again now.

54 no age R.I.P bing.

Had an email for an audible trial this morning so downloaded his memoir and listened to the first hour while I was just on a walk. Opening chapter...

Hi, my name is Matthew, although you may know me by another name. My friends call me Matty. And I should be dead, think of my speaking to you from beyond the grave

Not too proud to admit I teared up a little.

Why do you say that? was he a junkie or alcoholic nowadays? I read he drowned in a jacuzzi, is that another way of saying OD on pills in the bath? Was he going through a lot of ****?

either way RIP

I believe he's had quite a long time battling addiction to drugs. I read last night that even back in 2019 his colon ruptured as a result of taking drugs.

I suspect he's sought help for his addiction, but I don't know if he'd ever managed to beat his addiction. As @AndyCr15 pretty much points out, from the 6 of them I think he was the only one having serious struggles.

I thought he was funny in the early seasons of Friends, clearly couldn't ditch the substance abuse thing though.

I remember that the end of season 6 and start of 7 was set on the same day but was obviously filmed at different times. If you get a chance, look at the difference in his appearance. His clothes just hang off him in the one with Monica’s thunder.

Back
Top Bottom