Mattresses - I need knowledge

Man of Honour
Hi

I would like to get the Emma mattress, they have a 45% off offer until the new year I believe, so I might take a chance and order without trying. Was originally looking at the Simba but I think they are quite similar.

Did you order direct from the Emma website or elsewhere?

Ordered direct, took 3 weeks to arrive as I ordered during a similar sale so guess demand was high.

Soldato
I'm looking at spending £700 - 1000 for a king size + divan base + headboard. Must be pocket sprung (don't like memory foam), and we're looking at medium or medium firm.

Any suggestions on manufacturers to look at or avoid, or sites to look at? Going to try some out at Bensons for beds an a local place tomorrow butterflies would like to go armed with an idea of what's available.

Soldato
Ordered direct, took 3 weeks to arrive as I ordered during a similar sale so guess demand was high.

I ordered 28th, still waiting despite getting an email on 31st to say I should my order is on target to reach my address in the time frame, which has just passed.

They only have a contact form as well, no phone number. I'm sure its just the busy sales causing delay though.

Its just annoying that they take your money and then delivery is not on time as it states.

Soldato
I've just bought a SIMBA refurb super king for £184 from the bay for my new house I am moving in to. Figured at that price if its bad after a year it wouldn't be the worst thing to replace, its just the hassle

My first thought was YUCK! , never. :eek:

But when you think about it its had less use than a Hotel bed but there is just something about it that i couldn't. :D

Associate
My first thought was YUCK! , never. :eek:

But when you think about it its had less use than a Hotel bed but there is just something about it that i couldn't. :D

Lol they replace the cover for a new one, I'm actually very happy with it, its so nice and firm without being uncomfortable probably due to the memory foam.

I bought some bamboo bed linen to combat the heat of the memory foam in summer and now I'm all set, love the bedding so much I bought another

Soldato
I ordered 28th, still waiting despite getting an email on 31st to say I should my order is on target to reach my address in the time frame, which has just passed.

They only have a contact form as well, no phone number. I'm sure its just the busy sales causing delay though.

Its just annoying that they take your money and then delivery is not on time as it states.
Most places here it a 6 to 12 week wait for a new bed to come

Which month did you order it ?

Soldato
Still waiting for my Emma mattress, was supposed to be delivered yesterday by Rhenus home delivery but no one turned up, I'm starting to wish I went elsewhere now.

Really poor from both Emma and the courier service, I even confirmed the delivery day via email, and got confirmation and tracking on the day, but the tracking is useless.

Anyone thinking about buying from here, I would advise against.

I'm starting to wonder if the Emma mattress even exists.

If it doesn't arrive this coming week, Im going to start the process of getting my money back, luckily I paid by credit card.

Soldato
We tried out the Emma original in John Lewis. Leaning more towards the Simba though as we are going from a Latex bed and the Simba has a latex top so should be considerably cooler than the Emma

Associate
We tried out the Emma original in John Lewis. Leaning more towards the Simba though as we are going from a Latex bed and the Simba has a latex top so should be considerably cooler than the Emma

Yeah we tried an Emma in John Lewis too. It was nice but not as nice as I was expecting.

My problem is we have a really nice mattress that I got 10 years ago but the labels are all faded, can't remember where I got it and nothing seems to compare to it :D

Only getting a new one as we're going from a double to a king.

Nectar looks good value reduced to £479 + 2 memory foam pillows and free delivery, just can't find anywhere to try one!

Soldato
Yeah we tried an Emma in John Lewis too. It was nice but not as nice as I was expecting.

My problem is we have a really nice mattress that I got 10 years ago but the labels are all faded, can't remember where I got it and nothing seems to compare to it :D

Only getting a new one as we're going from a double to a king.

Nectar looks good value reduced to £479 + 2 memory foam pillows and free delivery, just can't find anywhere to try one!

you’re doing the exact same which we are doing! Going from an almost 10 year old EU Ikea double bed, literally the most comfortable bed I’ve had but we figured as we have a lot of vouchers we’d treat ourselves to a new kingsize bed! I haven’t actually tried the Simba yet and annoyingly JL don’t do the thicker one to test out but all reviews seem to suggest it’s good.

they had another one, Leesa I think it was called. Amazingly comfortable but also £1250 for the mattress alone!

Back
Top Bottom