***Max Payne 3***

Caporegime
logo-big.png

Official Website:
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

Release Dates:
Developed across Rockstar Games Studios Worldwide, Max Payne 3 standard and Special Editions will be available for the Xbox 360 and PlayStation3 on May 15, 2012 in North America and May 18, 2012 in Europe, with the PC version launching on May 29th, 2012 in North America and June 1st, 2012 in Europe.

Info:
For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in São Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.

Featuring cutting edge shooting mechanics for precision gunplay, advanced new Bullet Time® and Shootdodge™ effects, full integration of Natural Motion’s Euphoria Character Behavior system for lifelike movement and a dark and twisted story, Max Payne 3 is a seamless, highly detailed, cinematic experience from Rockstar Games.

In addition to an expansive single-player campaign, Max Payne 3 will also be the first entry in the series to introduce a thorough and engrossing multiplayer experience. In a unique twist, Max Payne 3 multiplayer delivers a compelling experience that dynamically alters maps and mode progression for all players in a match. Along with traditional multiplayer modes, Max Payne 3 will also include a deep reward and leveling system, persistent clans and multiple strategic load-out options.

Untitled-7.png

Untitled-1-1-1.png

maxpayne3-2044-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-28-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-8-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-11-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-2037-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-2023-2560.jpg

maxpayne3-172-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-32-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-17-1280.jpg

maxpayne3-15-1280.jpg

Videos:

1. Trailer 1

2. Trailer 2

3. Multiplayer

4. Targeting & Weapons

5. Creating A Cutting Edge Shooter

6. Visual Effects & Cinematics

7. The Shotguns of Max Payne 3

Achievement/Trophy List:

Feel the Payne - Story Complete [MEDIUM]
----------------------------------------------------
Serious Payne - Story Complete [HARD]
Maximum Payne - Story Complete [OLD SCHOOL]
Payne In The Ass - Story Complete [HARDCORE]
It's Fear That Gives Men Wings - 10 Bullet Time Kills In A Row
You Could Hurt Somebody With That - Shoot 10 Airborne Grenades
You Sure Know How To Pick A Place - Discover All Tourist Locations
The Fear Of Losing It - Survive A Level Without Painkillers
One Bullet At A Time - 300 Headshots
You Play, You Pay, You ******* - 100 Kills With Melee
With Practiced Bravado - 100 Kills During Shootdodge
Past The Point Of No Return - Take 100 Painkillers
A Few Hundred Bullets Back - Use Every Weapon In The Game
Colder Than The Devil's Heart - Kill 30 Enemies In 2 Minutes
Part I Complete - Complete Part I Of The Story
Part II Complete - Complete Part II Of The Story
Part III Complete - Complete Part III Of The Story
Out The Window - Get 6 Kills While Diving Through The VIP Window [FREE AIM]
The One Eyed Man Is King - Cover Passos With Perfect Aim
That Old Familiar Feeling - Clear The Hallway Of Lasers
Something Wicked This Way Comes - Get 7 Kills While Jumping From The Rickety Boat [FREE AIM]
Amidst The Wreckage - Destroy All The Models In The Boardroom
So Much For Being Subtle - Get 9 Kills While Being Pulled By A Chain [FREE AIM]
The Shadows Rushed Me - Unlock And Complete New York Minute Hardcore
The Only Choice Given - Get 8 Kills While Dangling From A Chain [FREE AIM]
Along For The Ride - Trigger A Bullet Cam On The Zipline [FREE AIM]
Sometimes You Get Lucky - Get A Headshot During The Rooftop Tremors
It Was Chaos And Luck - Get 6 Kills While Riding The Push Cart [FREE AIM]
The Road-Kill Behind Me - Total Everything On The Runway
Trouble Had Come To Me - Clear Everyone On The Bus Ride
All Of The Above - Finish All Grinds
An Echo Of The Past - Find All Clues
A License To Kill - Collect All Golden Guns
A New York Minute - Finish In A New York Minute
Full Monty - Complete One Of Each Game Mode Including All Gang Wars
Payne Bringer - Kill 100 Other Players
Max Payne Invitational - You Invited Someone To Play
Man Of Many Weapons - Unlock All Weapons
Man Of Many Faces - Unlock All Faction Characters
Deathmatch Challenge - Winner In Any Deathmatch
Grave Robber - Looted A Body
The Gambler - Won A Wager
Training Complete - Achieve Level Rank 50
Dearest Of All My Friends - Kill Someone On Your Friends List

A few things that sound interesting:
  • Destructible cover/environments
  • No loading screens
  • Bullet time implementation in MP (see video 3)
  • Story/scenario based dynamic multiplayer modes
  • Multiplayer clans crossing over into other Rockstar games

I'm looking forward to it, I'll confess I haven't played the second game to completion, but the first game is one of my all time favourites. I remember when it first came out on PC the graphics were absolutely jaw dropping, unbelievable at the time. This looks like it's had a lot of care and thought, lots of detail and lots of attention to the little things that make the difference between a mediocre game and a special game. Love the naming of the trophies/achievements as well, a nice nod to the original Max Payne.

:)

Links:
http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/objects/143/14332802_articles.html
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-10-max-payne-3-achievement-trophy-list-made-public
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/
http://www.youtube.com/user/RockstarGamesGB

Last edited:
Caporegime
I'm tempted to get this, purely for the fact things carry over to GTA V. :D

I haven't played a Max Payne game since the first one on the PC either, and from what I remember it was an enjoyable experience.

I wont be buying the silly priced SE though.

Maybe we should get an OcUK club/possy together?

Caporegime
OP
I won't be getting the special edition either, I haven't found out what the special edition has which the standard edition won't have. I imagine it will probably be some sort of outfit similar to the pre-orders for Red Dead Redemption. It's awesome that the gangs can carry over into GTA V, really nice touch. The mutiplayer vids look like they've taken some gameplay enhancements from RDR and put them in this too which is good. Hopefully enough of us will buy it to start up a multiplayer gang, I think it looks awesome.

Associate
I would love to know how the hell they get round the bullet time on MP, I always thought that this would be impossible due to it being a live environment??

Very Intrigued

Associate
IIRC, its only players within x amount of feet..

edit; says in trailer only players in your line of sight!

Still don't understand how the hell that works on a live MP setting, looks amazing, I know they had the slow motion on Red Dead, but could not cross that over in to MP, just was'nt fesable, but now they can do it with this?? My brain just cant comprehend it lol :confused:

Caporegime
OP
The Multiplayer trailer does state that it is affected by line of sight but we'll only fully know how it works when more multiplayer vids come out. I think IGN had a multiplayer exclusive actually, I'll go and find it. :)

I hope this has the story unfolding in graphic novel format like in the original Max Payne. That was one of the things that made the game unique.

Last edited:
Associate
I hope this has the story unfolding in graphic novel format like in the original Max Payne. That was one of the things that made the game unique.

Im with you there mate, it was very well done in the first one and made the whole experience more gritty. Cant see them doing it with this one, may be more based on "stunning" FMV's :(

Caporegime
OP
Im with you there mate, it was very well done in the first one and made the whole experience more gritty. Cant see them doing it with this one, may be more based on "stunning" FMV's :(

Why the sad face? I like RAGE I think it's a nice looking engine, regardless of what the PC Elitists think. From what I've seen there are elements of that graphic novel type art direction, mixed in with the live action cut scenes.

Caporegime
OP
Max Payne Mobile is out on iOS

I bet it controls absolutely horribly. I've watched some gameplay and it looks very awkward. Cool that they can get this running on a phone/tablet, but this is why touch screen gaming will never be a serious alternative for games that are more involving than swipe/touch.

Caporegime
Never played a Max Payne game but after watching the vids above, i pre-ordered it as it looks pretty good plus it will give me something to do as at the moment ive finished all the games i have....need to get them traded it at some point.

Next month will be pretty busy according to my pre-order list...got Max Payne, Sniper Elite V2 and Ghost recon which are all being released next month.

Associate
Why the sad face? I like RAGE I think it's a nice looking engine, regardless of what the PC Elitists think. From what I've seen there are elements of that graphic novel type art direction, mixed in with the live action cut scenes.

Oh thats fine then :), I was thinking they would go away from the graphic novel aspect of it altogether (which lets face it made the game stand out) and stick with the live action cut scenes.

As long as they keep a lot of the graphic novel aspects in there I'll be a happy camper :D

Man of Honour
Superbly compiled post KILLSWITCH.. I have top say, I've been looking forward to this for some time. The previous two games are the only games I've ever bought on release date and loved both of them.. I'm just hoping the 3rd won't disappointed.

Associate
this game looks sick, like games like this. Annoying the pc version comes out later though as usual :S will it be a total port to that fails? dunno whether its worth just buying ofr the 360 or not.

Caporegime
OP
Oh thats fine then :), I was thinking they would go away from the graphic novel aspect of it altogether (which lets face it made the game stand out) and stick with the live action cut scenes.

As long as they keep a lot of the graphic novel aspects in there I'll be a happy camper :D

I'm not sure if they're doing full blown comic strips, but on the official website there are some glimpses of text on the screen as Max is narrating, similar to the first games, hopefully they keep some comic style in there as like you said that's what makes the game really stand out amongst the others in the genre.

Superbly compiled post KILLSWITCH.

Thank you! :)

I have top say, I've been looking forward to this for some time. The previous two games are the only games I've ever bought on release date and loved both of them.. I'm just hoping the 3rd won't disappointed.

I have never been disappointed with a Rockstar sequel. I know a lot of people were disappointed with GTA IV but it truly blew me away at the time. Yes the friend stuff can get a bit repetitive but show me a game of that scale which has absolutely no grinding in it. GTA III was lacking in features compared to VC and SA, and yes I can understand it when people say GTA IV doesn't have all that much to do after the main story has finished but I believe it is still a fantastic technical achievement and we'll be treated in GTA V to all manners of fun stuff after the main quest.

As for the Max Payne series, I don't think it will be a disappointment, especially if you've loved the other two, this looks like it's going to be a natural progression of those first two games, with some good gameplay enhancements thrown in to bring it up to date. The RAGE engine looks pretty good and now that Rockstar have had a few games, and plenty of time to get to grips with it I imagine we'll see something that both looks and runs great. Can't wait to finish the single player and get my teeth into the multiplayer with my fellow OcUKers. :)

this game looks sick, like games like this. Annoying the pc version comes out later though as usual :S will it be a total port to that fails? dunno whether its worth just buying ofr the 360 or not.

Again, I could use GTA as an example here, a lot of rigs struggled with IV, it was poorly optimised, or at least a lot of complains seemed to mention this. I'm hoping that Rockstar will have learned how to optimise that engine, as it won't be the same free roaming large scale game as the GTA series I imagine they can get it running and looking great. :)

Never played a Max Payne game but after watching the vids above, i pre-ordered it as it looks pretty good

Woo I made a sale! Maybe I can work for Rockstar. :D

Back
Top Bottom