Max's Training Log - 1 Year On

Looking Great Maxeh! Well pleased for you!

One questions (as my thread searching skillz are weak). When did you come off 5x5 and mix it up a bit? I'm starting 5x5 tomorrow and am curious about how long to go past the 12 week 'starter' before changing it up some.

Thanks chap.

I did around 6 months of strict 5x5 I think off the top of my head!

Get your form perfected while you are in the early stages, will make life easier later on.

Now is really the first time I've not incorporated 5x5 into my regime so lets see what happens.

Also weighed in this morning @13 stone 10 lbs (87.09kg) which is 1lb off the lightest I've been since dieting.

I had a carb heavy meal on Saturday night, woke up Sunday morning looking the leanest I think I've ever looked, how does this work!?

On a side note my HBA1C results came in @ 5.5 :)

Cholesterol though is:

HDL Ratio 2.8mmol
HDL Level 1.6mmol

LDL Level 2.49mmol

Seems OK.

Last edited:
I cannot for the life of me get below 13 and a half stone :(

1800 calories a day, training 6 times a week and I just hover under 14 stone no matter what!

Is this a sign that I'm at a weight I should be?

On a side note my HBA1C results came in @ 5.5 :)

Cholesterol though is:

HDL Ratio 2.8mmol
HDL Level 1.6mmol

LDL Level 2.49mmol

Seems a bit high

HDL is good - but if you can get it higher so much the better.

LDL seems ok to me too? Why are you worried?

As for dropping more weight, presumably you mean fat?

Thought of doing some HIIT? You have to hit it HARD.

Also just because your calorie level is low, you may need to cycle some of your calories (i.e. getting them from different sources) - or do some carb cycling as it may help change the way your body utilises it's energy sources. :)

Ah, thought I edited it back, mis read them at first.

Just trying to lose the last bits of fat...past 2 weeks I've been doing HIIT after every session and I got down to 13,9 but straight back up to 13, 13 this week.

Will look into carb cycling, never tried it before (intentionally anyway).

The reason why you're probably still a little heavier, is undoubtedly owing to some of your loose skin which will recover in time. :) You probably still have some levels of visceral fat (which you cannot see with the naked eye).

However, you've done awesomely well from where you started!

Are you still concentrating on building a bit of muscle? That'll help accelerate your metabolism a little. :)

Yeah there is the skin factor which also makes the BF% harder to gauge I guess.

Ultimately I would still like to build muscle which I have done without doubt but its knowing at what stage to fully go for it and adapt my training/diet to suit building muscle.

The love handles have gone down a bit over the last 2 months but aside from that I can't see any changes.

Continue with dieting and cycle carbs twice a week?

Chest rug :p

I'm really pleased undoubtedly but still pee'd off that all this hard work leaves me looking as I do if you catch my drift.

If only I hadn't slipped and applied my efforts when I was a few years younger, would look pretty good by now!

I'm really pleased undoubtedly but still pee'd off that all this hard work leaves me looking as I do if you catch my drift.

If only I hadn't slipped and applied my efforts when I was a few years younger, would look pretty good by now!

Dude, if we'd all done that and taken something other than pr0n, girls and computer games seriously, we'd be fricking made. :( :D

These feels, I know them too well. I realised it's been like 3/4 years for me now, still look like **** without a top on.
I bet 99% of gym rats if asked the one thing they could change with regards to gym/training etc. it would be 'start younger'. I can't imagine the gains that could be had with proper training and diet in late teens, you must explode.

Back
Top Bottom