Mazda 3 MPS owners here?

Associate
I asked that eBay seller OP.

It was mapped by Justin, he stopped at around the 300-310 bhp figure as he was happy with it and knew it wasn't taxing any of the mods.

So yea... That's a bargain, really is.

Definitely a bargain then.
I didn't realise the tax on these was so high. £500+ is insane:eek: Pretty sure I was paying less for my M3, although that was a decade ago.

Only the mk1 that has the max tax band charge, the mk2 are now £315 a year to tax where as before they were £290 I believe.

Associate
I love the look of the MK2 but suprised how many didn't (like i'm bothered) lol

Red really comes alive after a wax against the sun, one of my favour colours tbh. :cool:

Find it torque steer's like a maniac when giving it the beans!...

Absolutely thunders along and for a standard setup, surprised a few people. ;)

Stage 1 would be mental lol :D

Associate
Just seen that one.
Looks like a bargin but a few things leap out at me.
No way is a BNRs4 turbod MPs running just 300bhp. Would be more like 350+...

No information on who mapped it.

Something amiss really, as it should see 400bhp with the s4 without even stressing the turbo. The only thing holding that setup back is the total tmic which is basically scrap. I'd imagine Justin's base map would have been over 300bhp to begin with.

Soldato
Something amiss really, as it should see 400bhp with the s4 without even stressing the turbo. The only thing holding that setup back is the total tmic which is basically scrap. I'd imagine Justin's base map would have been over 300bhp to begin with.
Justin's base maps are basically just above stock.

Also the TMIC is just a cpe copy. They are way better than stock

Soldato
OP
@EliotG Thanks for the comprehensive and well thought out comparison, I appreciate the time you put into that. It does have me thinking whether to persevere with the R26 and see if the love comes :)

@SC0TTRS Were your alloys black as standard or did you get them done yourself? I do like the red but most have silver alloys that don't do a thing for me.

Associate
@SC0TTRS Were your alloys black as standard or did you get them done yourself? I do like the red but most have silver alloys that don't do a thing for me.

Factory option gun metal grey, suits the car much better than standard silver, and compliments the red very well. (my opinion :))

Soldato
OP
Factory option gun metal grey, suits the car much better than standard silver, and compliments the red very well. (my opinion :))

Yeah, red/black is a winning combo.

The alloys on my old Mk1 aero were anthracite and absolutely lovely so if I do go mk1 again, will need the same.

Associate
Justin's base maps are basically just above stock.

Also the TMIC is just a cpe copy. They are way better than stock
They're a fair bit more than stock, my ko4 base map was 270whp and my s3 base map felt faster than my finished ko4 tune from what I remember. The total tmic isn't a patch on a cpe one and you know it ;)

Soldato
They're a fair bit more than stock, my ko4 base map was 270whp and my s3 base map felt faster than my finished ko4 tune from what I remember. The total tmic isn't a patch on a cpe one and you know it ;)
It's not as good no, but it's not that bad.

My base tune was targeted 15psi heh

Soldato
OP
Test drove a mk2 on Saturday, didn't feel worlds apart from my old mk1 but that's to be expected, it's mostly the same mechanically.

However the interior is a world apart without a single vibration or rattle and all the extra little toys...bose stereo with a boot sub, built in sat nav, heated seats, voice control radio, heated screen and a few others. it's really made me reconsider going back to a mk1 again and has made my morning commute in the r26 so depressing today.

Also got my heart set on red now, looks rubbish in photos but in person has a lovely pearlescent effect that shows great in the sun.

Dealer wouldn't budge a single penny and was only willing to add an extra 3 months warranty taking it to 6 months, not enough to tempt me so I had so walk away. Can't stop thinking about it though and trying to justify the cost.

Soldato
People seem to overlook the toys you get in a Mk2. So much more than the MK1.

If you can do 9k, Gavin miller on Facebook has a really really great example in red. Yes it's modded, but you would only end up adding them anywah

Soldato
OP
People seem to overlook the toys you get in a Mk2. So much more than the MK1.

If you can do 9k, Gavin miller on Facebook has a really really great example in red. Yes it's modded, but you would only end up adding them anywah

I was surprised at just how much of an upgrade it was "toy" wise.

Wifey is already balking at the fact I want to spend £8.5k, i've got absolutely no wiggle room here, god I hate being married ;)

Soldato
I was surprised at just how much of an upgrade it was "toy" wise.

Wifey is already balking at the fact I want to spend £8.5k, i've got absolutely no wiggle room here, god I hate being married ;)

You would want to spend an extra £500 mate lol his example is wonderful

Soldato
Motherwell I assume ;) No choice then, 10 hours round trip. Granted I might need to travel for a car but that's not remotely doable for me. Also if i'd travel that far, i'd feel compelled to buy even if something didn't feel right.
Shame. It's an epic example.

Where you based?

Back
Top Bottom