McCanns going too far?

Man of Honour
Thousands of people need lawyers each year but do they make public appeals asking for handouts to help?

Most of the ones that say they get set up and the public believe them. Most of those types do get hand out's in the form of charity aid. I don't see anything wrong with it. How does it affect you? I wont pay them anything, but I don't get offend by it.

If they are being set up, then they will need the best lawyers.

Caporegime
I thought some one put up £1 mill for the person that found maddie

First I've heard of it, if someone put up £1m why aren't they emphasising it at every opportunity and perhaps add another £500k of the fund on top of it? surely £1.5m might tempt even a kidnapper/paedophile to find something whilst out walking his dog? it would certainly make the general public take more notice compared to visiting the pope, releasing baloons and other rubbish.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Soldato
Why should people have to donate money to fund their legal fees? They're both doctors, one is a consultant, so I imagine they're creaming in at least 100K per year between them. Did you see the house they live in, the rather large one with the two cars parked in the private drive?

Appaerently they earn 120k each a year but Gerry hasn't worked since May and Kate has given up her job as GP.

If they don't dip into the fund or get money from the public they're going to have to sell their house.

Capodecina
Soldato
First I've heard of it, if someone put up £1m why aren't they emphasising it at every opportunity and perhaps add another £500k of the fund on top of it? surely £1.5m might tempt even a kidnapper/paedophile to find something whilst out walking his dog? it would certainly make the general public take more notice compared to visiting the pope, releasing baloons and other rubbish.

Rewards offered totalled over £2.6 million including:

£1,500,000 (€2,200,000) including £250,000 by the News of the World, £250,000 by Sir Philip Green, £50,000 by Simon Cowell and £25,000 by Coleen McLoughlin. Other contributors include Sir Richard Branson, JK Rowling, and Bill Kenwright.
£1,000,000 (€1,470,000) by British businessman Stephen Winyard.
£100,000 (€147,000) by a colleague of Kate McCann.
(£10,250) €15,000 by Portuguese newspaper Record.
£10,000 (€14,700) by The Sun.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Response_to_the_disappearance_of_Madeleine_McCann

Baz

Baz

Soldato

£1,500,000 (€2,200,000) including £250,000 by the News of the World, £250,000 by Sir Philip Green, £50,000 by Simon Cowell and £25,000 by Coleen McLoughlin. Other contributors include Sir Richard Branson, JK Rowling, and Bill Kenwright.

And they are all going to look daft when it turns out they killed her...

Associate
tut.jpg

:D

Caporegime

The McCann's are not doing a very good job publicising it then, I had no idea so much reward money had been put forward.

What resort were they at again? :p

Associate
Personally I feel sorry for their other children. This thing is destroying their lives with them seemingly being side lined. After all this time I think they should have cut their losses and spent their resources by keeping their jobs and concentrating on bringing up their other children in a stable, press free environment.

Permabanned
I would like to contribute to the legal fund as the evidence leaked by the Portugese Police seems unconvincing and the story of what Kate is supposed to have done is more incredible than most accounts of abduction by aliens. This poor family must be going through absolute hell and the way it has all been handled is all so very unprofessional.

They are faced with huge costs now to clear their name and I guess there are a lot of people who have retained some common sense and are sympathetic and would like to help.

Professor Dave Elliman, Melton-Mowbray, UJK

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Soldato
I hate the way when people read in the papers and on the news about them being suspects and immedately go "ZOMG THEY'S LIEK DID IT". Hasn't anyone heard of "Innocent until proven quilty"?

Man of Honour

Why the rolleyes. We have no idea, what's going on, the newspapers are making up story's. The Sun today said, the hair contained toxcology that went with the overdose theory. Yet you can't get such data from hair until it grows out. If she died almost instantly, the hair would contain no such data. We really need to wait and see what the police really have. All though i see it unlikely, I just can't see when they had time to hide the body before the meal, in the 5 weeks and when they had time to put the body in the car with the media.
He casually talked to holiday makers on the way back to the hotel to check on them. They both did an amazing act over the meal to hide there feelings.

I'm not rulling it out as there are some very cold icy people. I just find it unlikely.

Soldato
I somewhat agree Nymins. We possess very few facts to come to any real conclusion about what happened. The police release NO information so people coming to the conclusion of "they dun it" are basing that on leaks from people milking the situation or simply because they "hav' that look". Quite obviously, that's just silly. Speculation is fine but in the grand scheme of things, we know very little.

Soldato
the newspapers are making up story's. The Sun today said, the hair contained toxcology that went with the overdose theory. Yet you can't get such data from hair until it grows out.
Whilst I agree with you that the Sun probably completely made this 'fact' up I would point out that it is possible for the hair to contain proof as your hair continues to grow after you die.

Soldato
I just find it unlikely.
Well whatever turns out of have happened it will be "unlikely", the whole event is unlikely. There are some seriously crazy people in the world - unlikely as it obviously is the McCanns could end up joining that exclusive club.

Just today we have a man charged with the murder of his two-year-old daughter.

Man of Honour
Well whatever turns out of have happened it will be "unlikely", the whole event is unlikely. There are some seriously crazy people in the world - unlikely as it obviously is the McCanns could end up joining that exclusive club.

Just today we have a man charged with the murder of his two-year-old daughter.

Of course people murder there children, I just find this case unlikely as I can't see when they had time toi do everything they had to.

Whilst I agree with you that the Sun probably completely made this 'fact' up I would point out that it is possible for the hair to contain proof as your hair continues to grow after you die.
I very much doubt the minute growth would be enough to get a toxicology report on it.

Associate

Actually not true at all. Your body dehydrates after you die and so your skin 'shrinks' which makes it look like your hair and finger nails continue growing.

Soldato
Why do the portugese think getting mrs mccanns diary is so important. Do they think shes going to write something like.

4pm - After a nice day arond the pool with gerry and the kids we decided we would go out for an evening meal tonight

7pm - hate it when the kids wont get to sleep, gave the twins and madeleine something to help them sleep

7:30pm - Sat down at restaurant with friends, i decided to have the lobster and gerry had the salmon
8:30pm - Meal was lovely i feel quite tipsy and like ive got the horn, must be about 9 bottles we've got through as a table now.

9pm - go to check on kids, madeleine was awake, couldnt stand her screaming, shook her as hard as i could to make her stop but she fell off th bed and cracked her head on the floor tiles. i've put her body in the trashcan around the corner for now. i'll do something with her body tomorrow.

9:30pm - ran back to restaurant and told gerry that madeleine had been abducted

Soldato
Why do the portugese think getting mrs mccanns diary is so important. Do they think shes going to write something like.

4pm - After a nice day arond the pool with gerry and the kids we decided we would go out for an evening meal tonight

7pm - hate it when the kids wont get to sleep, gave the twins and madeleine something to help them sleep

7:30pm - Sat down at restaurant with friends, i decided to have the lobster and gerry had the salmon
8:30pm - Meal was lovely i feel quite tipsy and like ive got the horn, must be about 9 bottles we've got through as a table now.

9pm - go to check on kids, madeleine was awake, couldnt stand her screaming, shook her as hard as i could to make her stop but she fell off th bed and cracked her head on the floor tiles. i've put her body in the trashcan around the corner for now. i'll do something with her body tomorrow.

9:30pm - ran back to restaurant and told gerry that madeleine had been abducted

:eek: can;t believe they killed here just cuz she would not go to sleep :eek: :(

Back
Top Bottom