McDonald's and sheeple

Soldato
We had one a couple of days ago and it was utter garbage. I was really looking forward to it too. I will stick to shakes and breakfasts from there because they aren't too bad.

tnx

tnx

Associate
Had one for my tea last night. Drove to Skipton, waited roughly half hour after joining the line of cars to parking up and eating.

Well worth the wait. Quarter Pounder never tasted so nice...

Soldato
I love Spoons' meals too especially the steak night deals etc.
Sure it's not 5 star Michelin cuisine but it's honest grub at an honest price. I'm no snob.
The cuisine is not the problem. Every Wetherspoons I've ever known has been THE place to go for ****** up townie ***** looking for a fight, or hoping to make the front page of The Sun after collapsing unconscious with their arse hanging out after attempting (and failing) a world Jaegerbomb drinking record.

Associate
Came home from work tonight and neighbor was just walking in with a McDonald's.. 20 mins later friend put on messenger they'd just been too... with pics.. Other friend sent me a link the the new Beefy Boys burger ( @Raymond Lin was the Chilli Cheese Boy and looks epic - home delivery too). Now my tummy is a constant rumble.

God I want a McDs. And a KFC (hot wings..). And a Beefy Boys.

And maybe a Weatherspoons all day breakfast with extra black pudding.

WHY WORLD, WHY!! :(

Associate
I’m glad these people are wasting their time queueing as it means it’ll give them their McDs fix for a while. That will hopefully mean that in a couple of weeks or so it won’t be as mental so if I choose to get one I won’t be wasting my time in a queue.

A bit like people going to the tip. I’ve got stuff I need to get rid of but there’s no way I’m queuing for hours to do so. At least the people willing to do it now are helping things so that it’ll eventually be a bit calmer for when I can be bothered to get rid of stuff too.

KFC was mad queues when they reopened round here. Was out doing work earlier this week and fancied a bite of food, saw a KFC so dropped in and there was only 2 cars in front of me at 1pm, so it's calmed down a lot. Mcdonalds nearby caused traffic chaos on Wednesday with queues out into the roads but was much better yesterday. Still a big queue, but not snaking out into the roads again. Give it a week or so and it'll calm down, especially as all their drive thrus are now open I believe?

Caporegime
Been back trucking for three days after furlough, and the traffic hold-up I've encountered on numerous occasions has been bloody Maccy D drive through queues - otherwise at the moment, from a congestion point of view, my job has never been better!

Sad really, then again, if (which I doubt) those queuing have all been diligently observing the lockdown and all the inherent pain contained within, then if a bit of crap from the Golden Arches lifts their spirits, ultimately, yeah. Why not?

Long term though, the McDonalds business model can't sustain this, stop and think how much revenue they are down from sit-in / walk-in & take out sales? If Maccys and the other chains can't get bums on seats soon, their days are numbered.

The really scary thing is this applies across so many other sectors, most of which aren't yet even operating.....

Caporegime
I got a drive through the other day for the first time in months and it was running like a dream. No waiting, even for a dairy free bigmac order. Perhaps Maccas can shift towards a slick drive through only system.

Times are changing and businesses will need to adapt to survive.

Soldato
Huge queue at my McDonalds on my way home. Iirc this McD's was built in 2013 and a KFC next door around 2016. Both built on the same estate as ASDA but fortunately getting into ASDA was a straight shot. RIP to anyone wanting to get fuel though as they use the same lane as the restraunts. There was staff along the road traffic managing too.

Soldato
I fancy a KFC more than McDonalds but as we don't have a drive through in my town the only option seems to be home delivery. Looking at the silly pricing on Just Eat for my local KFC I'll wait till I can go and get it myself again.

Back
Top Bottom