McDonald’s general discussion

Food so poor it tastes better when it's not fresh!

No different to letting a steak rest in an oven after cooking. McDonalds burgers are best when the cheese has had time to melt and stick to the burger, but you don't get that when it's quickly wrapped and served without sitting under the lamps for half a lifetime.

When they introduced the wraps that was their first proper attempt at "made to order" products running along side the regular batches and this caused chaos in the kitchens at first, regularly delaying orders while waiting for an individual product to be made. It's much quicker to batch prepare 6-8 QP at a time with the default condiments, then the same for BigMac etc than the current everything has to be made to order. Same for serving, in peak times as you were ordering your food a runner behind the cashier was picking up pre-prepared food items as you were ordering them so the tray could be taken away as soon as you had paid. If you ordered a common meal you could be served and sat down within 5 minutes even in a busy period. Now you're in a queue just to have a burger made.

I'd quite happily fish the pickle out myself if it meant I could save 5 minutes waiting.

Wimpy used to do it IIRC.
I used to love going to Wimpy back in the day when getting dragged around the shops by my mum, always liked the burgers and the buns were good plus it had knives & forks!. Tbh I didn't know they were still going, will have to revisit at some point.

As for tomatoes, quite like them in a burger, can add a bit of juiciness to it...like a Whopper.

The few McD burgers I order I get without lettuce. As with Big Macs, they put too much of the iceberg lettuce that it falls out.

Also no ice.

As of interest, if everyone ordered drinks at McDonald’s without ice, how much more soft drink syrup would they use??

I always go no ice*. Principal as it's a con with. Fine if you can refill.

I haven't had a McDonalds in ages, there isn't one near me which is likely.

Love a Big Mac and can hoover up Cheeseburgers. Usually order a Big Mac meal, nuggets, and (insert number) cheeseburger chasers, depending how famished/drunk I am. I used to order two drinks so I could avoid the awkward look of the attendant. :p

* To be honest its rare as I usually order a Tea. :D

I used to love going to Wimpy back in the day when getting dragged around the shops by my mum, always liked the burgers and the buns were good plus it had knives & forks!. Tbh I didn't know they were still going, will have to revisit at some point.

As for tomatoes, quite like them in a burger, can add a bit of juiciness to it...like a Whopper.
I always take the tomato out of my burgers, don't like the texture!

Don't know if this is the same with everyone, but with both tomatoes and gherkins there was a single moment in time where I went from absolutely hating them, even the sight of them, in anything, to overnight loving them. Especially gherkins in a burger. One day they had to be fished out and thrown in the nearest bin, the next day I was like wow, these are great. Even eat them neat out of a jar nowadays.

Don't know if this is the same with everyone, but with both tomatoes and gherkins there was a single moment in time where I went from absolutely hating them, even the sight of them, in anything, to overnight loving them. Especially gherkins in a burger. One day they had to be fished out and thrown in the nearest bin, the next day I was like wow, these are great. Even eat them neat out of a jar nowadays.

Your taste changes as you get older (sorry)... I used to hate olives, but now I love them.

But I wouldn't associate that with McD's...

Last edited:
I remember going on a school trip and stopped off at a service station where there was a McDonald’s. Couldn’t tell you where it was or where I was going. Out of the 50 of us, only 2 of us liked gherkins. Me and the other pupil took the rest

It's true. I used to hate gherkins in my burger but now i love them, they add a nice crunch to a burger and taste really nice too!

Sorry, but I’m completely done with McDonald’s now. Had one last night and must have had to dash to the bog about 4 times during the night, did my guts up something awful, and it seems to happen too often now. I eat Chinese, Indian, doner kebabs, KFC with no ill effects at all, but Maccies does me in.

And the most stupid thing about it is that I never really enjoy it.

Sorry, but I’m completely done with McDonald’s now. Had one last night and must have had to dash to the bog about 4 times during the night, did my guts up something awful, and it seems to happen too often now. I eat Chinese, Indian, doner kebabs, KFC with no ill effects at all, but Maccies does me in.

And the most stupid thing about it is that I never really enjoy it.
My 6 year old said to me the other day that she doesn't like McDonald's anymore! I know what you mean though, it's always a bit underwhelming, not had the toilet issues you mention though! What did you have?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom