MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

fez

fez

Caporegime
And as ever, The Drinker nails it. Peter Dinklage what a complete clown, if ever a man suffered from small-man syndrome. It is he.

Dinklage is a good actor who has been flattered by a brilliant script in game of thrones which seems to have inflated his ego and distorted his perception of reality somewhat. Hes a dwarf. Fundamentally they are not going to feature in many films or TV shows. In the same way, you don't see many 7' tall actors you don't see many dwarfs. Its a pain in the ass to film and limits what you can do so why would you bother if it wasn't important to the story...like lets say Snow White...

Dinklage himself has been in a lot of cruddy roles as well and hes not really in a position to be appointing himself "king of the dwarfs". Unsurprisingly plenty of them are more than happy to be in roles where their primary marketable quality is their stature. Most actors get jobs because of their looks, not because of their overwhelming talent.

Soldato
As fantasy Dwarfs I'm quite surprised they didn't lean into that using motion capture CGI and make them fantasy dwarfs. They've pulled in a problem that need not exist to make a political point. No one complained about dwarves or hobbits in LoTR releases. By making them happy clappy multi-cult woke idea inspired dwarves rather than fantasy dwarves they have made themselves and their product look daft.

Caporegime
Just watched Wreck it Ralph 2, Ralph breaks the internet again and I had to roll eye at all the princesses! To think Disney's original Mermaid would be pushed aside for wokable crap!

Caporegime
Can you explain your outrage?

Is it this scene https://youtu.be/Yirc35yIjfc If so im struggling to see the issue with it tbh

No outrage with that clip... That scene is just incredible, a real nod to some that I grown up with :cool: . I was just saying what they did with the more recent Mermaid since then was disgusting :o

Basically this utter tripe ^

Last edited:
Soldato
No outrage with that clip... That scene is just incredible, a real nod to some that I grown up with :cool: . I was just saying what they did with the more recent Mermaid since then was disgusting :o

Basically this utter tripe ^
Again im not sure what the issue is...what did you think of the little mermaid (new one).

Soldato
Terrible! :cry: Doesn't help for the fact she looks like a gormless troll
Excellent argument that. Fair play. Personally i think she played the part very well and she has an amazing voice. It was a completely harmless remake that doesn't do a lot wrong...

It's clear you wouldnt have liked it so why you'd actual pay or even give it your time is baffling.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dinklage is a good actor who has been flattered by a brilliant script in game of thrones which seems to have inflated his ego and distorted his perception of reality somewhat. Hes a dwarf. Fundamentally they are not going to feature in many films or TV shows. In the same way, you don't see many 7' tall actors you don't see many dwarfs. Its a pain in the ass to film and limits what you can do so why would you bother if it wasn't important to the story...like lets say Snow White...

Dinklage himself has been in a lot of cruddy roles as well and hes not really in a position to be appointing himself "king of the dwarfs". Unsurprisingly plenty of them are more than happy to be in roles where their primary marketable quality is their stature. Most actors get jobs because of their looks, not because of their overwhelming talent.

Amazing that now he's made a career and a fortune out of his restricted height, it's suddenly backwards and not progressive so time to kick the ladder of opportunity away from people who also have dwarfism.

What a sanctimonious and hypocritical ****hole. The sheer narcissism of it.

Soldato
Excellent argument that. Fair play. Personally i think she played the part very well and she has an amazing voice. It was a completely harmless remake that doesn't do a lot wrong...

It's clear you wouldnt have liked it so why you'd actual pay or even give it your time is baffling.

Why did it totally bomb then?

Soldato
Has it bombed?

Dont care tbh, i was talking about if the film was good or not and it thought it was alright tbh. Certainly wouldnt call what they've done as "disgusting"

Amazing that now he's made a career and a fortune out of his restricted height, it's suddenly backwards and not progressive so time to kick the ladder of opportunity away from people who also have dwarfism.

What a sanctimonious and hypocritical ****hole. The sheer narcissism of it.
Well yes he comes across as a massive tool here. He probably has an issue with Hugh Grant playing an Oompa Lumpa aswell in some reverse small person nonsense.

Soldato
Has it bombed?

Dont care tbh, i was talking about if the film was good or not and it thought it was alright tbh. Certainly wouldnt call what they've done as "disgusting"

Well yes he comes across as a massive tool here. He probably has an issue with Hugh Grant playing an Oompa Lumpa aswell in some reverse small person nonsense.

Point I was making was that if the film good, how come it bombed? It doesn't make sense, if you redo any huge IP and do it well, it's certain to make money.

I think in his own mind that since Tyrion Lannister he should be up there with Cruise, Damon and Clooney, but he can't because of who he is (and not being in their league as actors either, but wthat won't have occured to him is course), while failing to recognise the only reason he's where he is, is because of who he is, and also the fact that there's virtually no competition for roles with his own niche.

He's had a charmed career in a field of one and he's still not satisfied and he's kicking out. Never for once thinking of the effects his selfish stupidity has on anyone else, but poor me, poor poor Peter Dinklage...

Last edited:
Soldato
Point I was making was that if the film good, how come it bombed? It doesn't make sense, if you redo any huge IP and do it well, it's certain to make money.

I think in his own mind that since Tyrion Lannister he should be up there with Cruise, Damon and Clooney, but he can't because of who he is (and not being in their league as actors either, but wthat won't have occured to him is course), while failing to recognise the only reason he's where he is, is because of who he is, and also the fact that there's virtually no competition for roles with his own niche.

He's had a charmed career in a field of one and he's still not satisfied and he's kicking out. Never for once thinking of the effects his selfish stupidity has on anyone else, but poor me, poor poor Peter Dinklage...
Because some good films dont do particularly well at the cinema. As for a huge IP...i mean is it? As far as disney princesses go Ariel is pretty far down the list and no i wont go into a debate of disney princesses lol.

Agree about Dinklage though. cant really argue it. Maybe he could fill in for Tom Cruise when he gives it up in Mission Impossible? He's made his money BECAUSE of his dwarfism, you cant complain and cry foul when others do aswell.

Suspended
As of July 16, 2023, The Little Mermaid has grossed $294 million in the United States and Canada, and $260.3 million in other territories, for a worldwide total of $554.3 million.[4][5] According to Deadline Hollywood, with a combined production cost and global theatrical & home entertainment marketing expenses of $476M, a worldwide gross of $560 million is one scenario that would make the film profitable, once estimates for other revenue streams are included.[a]

It's a disappointment for Disney, but it hasn't bombed and they will make millions more from merchandise sales over the next 10 years.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a disappointment for Disney, but it hasn't bombed and they will make millions more from merchandise sales over the next 10 years.

Costs are usually under-reported but whatever, it's bombed and another critical disaster.

Millions from mechandise sales over the next 10 years? who the hell is going to be buying merch for this exactly? This will be thrown straight into the Mount Doom of modern entertainment disasters.

:D

Last edited:
Soldato
Because some good films dont do particularly well at the cinema. As for a huge IP...i mean is it? As far as disney princesses go Ariel is pretty far down the list and no i wont go into a debate of disney princesses lol.

Agree about Dinklage though. cant really argue it. Maybe he could fill in for Tom Cruise when he gives it up in Mission Impossible? He's made his money BECAUSE of his dwarfism, you cant complain and cry foul when others do aswell.

Yeah, but this is not good, it's not some slow burn cult classic that audiences catch up to later. But i'm not going to argue about the relative merits of a film as inconsequential as this.

Dinklage has really soiled his reputation with this. He's fallen a long way from peak GOT where he won a lot of admirers with his portrayal of TL, and I think that clearly went to his head.

Back
Top Bottom