MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
So a few pages back there was talk about Disney selling Star Wars. I mentioned that this rumour was related to Disney needing to stump up a few billions in cash to complete a transaction. Well bob Iger has just put up a third of Disneys businesses up for sale. No indication that Star Wars is amongst the items on sale. Clearly they still have more work to do, to run it into the ground :p

Bob Iger shifts from building an empire to a Disney yard sale​

Bob Iger built Disney into the world’s most powerful entertainment company by acquiring Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm. Now he’s looking to downsize.

Iger put roughly a third of the company up for sale this week, declaring Disney’s linear TV assets noncore. That includes TV networks ABC, FX and Freeform. He also said Disney is looking for a strategic partner for ESPN — though he’s not willing to sell the whole thing — and the company is already looking to sell or restructure its TV and streaming business in India.

Edit: timing of the news seems to correspond with the steep loss in share price a few days ago.

Last edited:
Soldato
God Larson looks permanently bloody miserable in any photo or video i've seen.

That only really seems to be a "thing" since Captain Marvel started filming. Before that she came across as a generally happy person, her PR tour for "Free Fire" and "Room" especially were fantastic for boosting her career and she came across as a "normal person" which made her accessible, as did her off-screen "mum/son" relationship with her child co-star from "Room" during the press tour.

I don't know what happened between those events and filming for the MCU but even on her own Youtube channel she seems generally very neutral most of the time which, when I compare that to the personal YT for Alexandra Daddario or Katee Sackhoff who come across really well on theirs, makes me think "something" is off with her mentally at the moment that we don't know about but it's shame to see someone who was so bright earlier become quite sullen/fragile at times.

For example, in a recent-ish (Nov '22) red carpet interview - somewhere to really put your best foot forward to the world and get great PR - she was asked if she wanted to do another Captain Marvel film and said "does anyone even want me to do it again" and seemed very weird/fragile with her response to what should have been an easy win of a question for her.

Caporegime
For example, in a recent-ish (Nov '22) red carpet interview - somewhere to really put your best foot forward to the world and get great PR - she was asked if she wanted to do another Captain Marvel film and said "does anyone even want me to do it again" and seemed very weird/fragile with her response to what should have been an easy win of a question for her.

I thought she was damn cool.... At first
Then she had that odd lesbo hair style via end game and looked odd

Soldato
Yard sale ^^

Since no one else said it

Go woke, Go broke!!!

“Bob Iger Shifts From Building an Empire to a Disney Yard Sale”​

Damn a near 100 year old empire gone to ****, hundreds of thousands of jobs at risk, dozens of IP's destroyed, and millions and milions of peoples enterntainment ruined, and all because you were scared of these people and bent the knee.

iPEFifz.jpg

LMAO.

You got what you deserved.

Soldato
OP
You got what you deserved.
Did they honestly believe the crazy’s have money or kids? They all share apartments and have like 100 cats.

This has been spectacular.

Let’s totally attack you know the normal family unit. The company’s demographic that buys their products, brings their families to watch their brand new films, pays for extremely expensive tickets to goes to their parks.

let’s groom their kids and believe the parents will still bring them to the cinema and buy all their toys.

Let’s mock hard core fans and call them all the nasty names that don’t have any weight anymore. You know the ones that’s kept the IP’s alive for the past 40 odd years.

Destroy legacy character’s. Especially the ones with balls and of paler complexion.

Back
Top Bottom