MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

The entire thread is about trash productions.. you seem to be struggling here
ok i've realised my make believe 4 year old can have a better understanding of this so will leave you to it.

'enjoying' trash productions

lol what a load of nonsense.

Me: "this photo doesn't show that disney put x thing in EVERYTHING that they do"

kent: "this means you enjoy trash productions"

Soldato
Point out where that has been explained to me "100's of times" - I've never even referenced this picture before.
The photo of the 'force is female' was used as an example to highlight how identity politics is pushed into multiple ip's after unwashed potatoes decided to argue how it's not being pushed into multiple IP's and multiple productions. I highly doubt it's the 1st time you've heard/seen the phrase, given it's been repeated in here multiple times and in numerous other sw threads.

ok i've realised my make believe 4 year old can have a better understanding of this so will leave you to it.

lol what a load of nonsense.

Me: "this photo doesn't show that disney put x thing in EVERYTHING that they do"

kent: "this means you enjoy trash productions"
You seem to be struggling here dude, maybe you need your memory refreshing as you've seemingly forgotten your previous posts from a few hours ago that the linked photo was in response to.

Soldato
but you've missed a key few words. why?
I didn’t realise you were arguing about whether is it literally everything. I just assumed it was hyperbole and that it wasn’t his main point.

Why is this so triggering for people? I don't understand.

The Force is a made up magic in a movie.
You don’t understand because you made up the idea that it is triggering. You’re just misusing words again.

Putting identity politics at the forefront of everything they do
they don't

unwashed potatoes decided to argue how it's not being pushed into multiple IP's and multiple productions

you said it best...

You seem to be struggling here dude

no wonder you post how you post, when you create a boggy man and then get scared about what they've said and start claiming false things were said when they were right there for everyone to see lol. poor guy.

can i ask, how long have you known english? because your ability to read it is very questionable. i literally say the word "they don't" and all of a sudden c kent adds his own spice.

Last edited:
Soldato
So it doesn't bother you then?
Oh buddy you tried that line on the wrong person. :cry: :cry: :cry:

First of all something bothering you doesn’t mean you are triggered. If I have a stone in my shoe, yes it’s going to bother me but only an idiot or someone trying to make a dishonest point would describe that as being triggered by a stone. As I said you’ve misused the word triggered. Thanks for providing the evidence for my point. :cry:

Secondly I’m not a Star Wars fan. I couldn’t even tell you which film I’ve watched all the way through. So why would I be bothered by the direction that KK has said she wants to and had taken Star Wars in? So the point you’ve tried to make has fallen flat. :cry:

To me, It’s just fascinating to me to watch the downfall of this IP.

And third the idea you’re trying to peddle is that people shouldn’t care about the directions their favourite IP is heading in. Which is a nonsensical point of view.

Soldato
no wonder you post how you post, when you create a boggy man and then get scared about what they've said and start claiming false things were said when they were right there for everyone to see lol. poor guy.

can i ask, how long have you known english? because your ability to read it is very questionable. i literally say the word "they don't" and all of a sudden c kent adds his own spice.
It's hilarious you blatantly ignore everything that comes out about the MCU and Disney and the questionable diversity tactics.
Ignore the diversity bull **** that was present with the latest SW trilogy - check
Ignore the multiple changes to bow down at the altar of identity Poliltics to get the likes of WoT and RoP out the door, adding lgb themes into kids cartoons such the latest Buzz Lightyear movie - check
Ignore the leaks regarding the Blade movie - check
Ignore the video thts been posted multiple times in this thread from Disney execs regarding diversity - check

and on and on and on.

Last edited:
Oh buddy you tried that line on the wrong person. :cry: :cry: :cry:

First of all something bothering you doesn’t mean you are triggered. If I have a stone in my shoe, yes it’s going to bother me but only an idiot or someone trying to make a dishonest point would describe that as being triggered by a stone. As I said you’ve misused the word triggered. Thanks for providing the evidence for my point. :cry:

Secondly I’m not a Star Wars fan. I couldn’t even tell you which film I’ve watched all the way through. So why would I be bothered by the direction that KK has said she wants to and had taken Star Wars in? So the point you’ve tried to make has fallen flat. :cry:

To me, It’s just fascinating to me to watch the downfall of this IP.

And third the idea you’re trying to peddle is that people shouldn’t care about the directions their favourite IP is heading in. Which is a nonsensical point of view.

Did you check to make sure a picture you posted, being quote and then someone saying "I don't get why this triggers people", was referring to you specifically?.. I feel like if they were saying you were triggered, they would say "I don't get why this triggers you" but they said "I don't get why this triggers people" which you seem to agree with, it's not triggering.

Making the rest of your post seem odd.

It's hilarious you blatantly ignore everything that comes out about the MCU and Disney and the questionable diversity tactics.
Ignore the diversity bull **** that was present with the latest SW trilogy - check
Ignore the multiple changes to bow down at the altar of identity Poliltics to get the likes of WoT and RoP out the door, adding lgb themes into kids cartoons such the latest Buzz Lightyear movie - check
Ignore the leaks regarding the Blade movie - check
Ignore the video thts been posted multiple times in this thread from Disney execs regarding diversity - check

and on and on and on.

Wow what a life you live

Soldato
The list you have pasted is just a bunch of random movies with women (allegedly) at the centre - But that's debatable and I did specifically state action.

I'll paste the same list, re-jigged slightly with my own opinion, but I would also argue that this aligns with the general consensus if you look at review/audience scores (I haven't got the time to bother doing that)

Ah, back to disinformation again I see, as all those films are considered "Action" and all those films have either a Female Lead or a Female Co-Lead, but that doesn't fit your world view I suppose so its understandable why you'd say they aren't. Fair enough that was my mistake for trying to engage with you I suppose.

Suspended
Ah, back to disinformation again I see, as all those films are considered "Action" and all those films have either a Female Lead or a Female Co-Lead, but that doesn't fit your world view I suppose so its understandable why you'd say they aren't. Fair enough that was my mistake for trying to engage with you I suppose.
Disinformation? Clearly you didn't read what I wrote, as I only discounted 3 as not being "action" movies.

Caporegime
The policy includes specific goals for Amazon Studios productions, including:

• Each film or series with a creative team of three or more people in above-the-line roles (Directors, Writers, Producers) should ideally include a minimum 30% women and 30% members of an underrepresented racial/ethnic group. This aspirational goal will increase to 50% by 2024.
  • Casting actors whose identity (gender, gender identity, nationality, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability) aligns with the character they will be playing.
  • Aiming to include one character from each of the following categories in speaking roles, with minimum 50% of these to be women: LGBTQIA+, person with a disability, and three regionally underrepresented race/ethnic/cultural groups. A single character can fulfill one or more of these identities.
  • Seeking at least three bids from vendors or suppliers on productions, one of which must be from a woman-owned business and one from a minority-owned business.
  • Pay equity across casting, behind the camera staff and crew, and for vendors and suppliers.
Amazon Studios will provide a report template for each production to indicate whether these expectations were met, that will be submitted within one month of the completion of principal photography. This reporting exceeds the minimum standards set by the Academy, but ensures Amazon is poised to report on the diversity of their films for Academy Award contention.

Its from June 2021, but OK, at least you backed it up!

I can see some words in there that would definitely have people of a certain mindset frothing at the mouth but, personally, I don't think it's a smoking gun by any means.

I highlighted in bold and green the 3 statements I agree with. I'm curious if you do.
For the other 2, if we removed the words I have put in italics, then I might have batted an eyelid. As they stand, they seem more like goals than hard policies. It would take far too much research, but my gut tells me I could easily find an Amazon Original series or film that doesn't meet all the criteria set out above.

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
You can't say that they don't put identity politics at the forefront when this image exists and it isn't satire.

force-female-jpg.32608

I don't care that much for this thread, but just for my knowledge, should the average man on the street who watches Star Wars stuff know who any of these people are?

If you'd asked me a couple of years ago I'd say I didn't recognise any of them. Sadly 2 years of browsing this sub forum and reading similar threads has taught me that third from left is Kathleen Kennedy, the lady who's photo is on so many people's dartboards in this thread:p. The other 3, genuinely no clue.

rp2000

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its from June 2021, but OK, at least you backed it up!

I can see some words in there that would definitely have people of a certain mindset frothing at the mouth but, personally, I don't think it's a smoking gun by any means.

I highlighted in bold and green the 3 statements I agree with. I'm curious if you do.
For the other 2, if we removed the words I have put in italics, then I might have batted an eyelid. As they stand, they seem more like goals than hard policies. It would take far too much research, but my gut tells me I could easily find an Amazon Original series or film that doesn't meet all the criteria set out above.

rp2000
Feels like a righting of the previously white male dominated areas and one that gives women and minorities a chance to fight on an even level to me.

Caporegime
I don't care that much for this thread, but just for my knowledge, should the average man on the street who watches Star Wars stuff know who any of these people are?

If you'd asked me a couple of years ago I'd say I didn't recognise any of them. Sadly 2 years of browsing this sub forum and reading similar threads has taught me that third from left is Kathleen Kennedy, the lady who's photo is on so many people's dartboards in this thread:p. The other 3, genuinely no clue.

rp2000
Same, no idea who they are apart from KK.

Soldato
Did you check to make sure a picture you posted, being quote and then someone saying "I don't get why this triggers people", was referring to you specifically?.. I feel like if they were saying you were triggered, they would say "I don't get why this triggers you" but they said "I don't get why this triggers people" which you seem to agree with, it's not triggering.

Making the rest of your post seem odd.
Your post is difficult to understand, you need to double check your posts before posting them.

If i am understanding you correctly, I never said or claimed they were referring to me, till he literally asked me about it. Which leads to my response, the one you have quoted.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom