MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

That's sounds like a win for Disney tbh, less money lost on flops.
Better they just dump the whole thing and leave it as is and continue the universe in 10 years with new hero's and new stories.

Mcu should have stopped with end game. I'm sure all the audience believed that to be the plan when the first avengers came out. End game was the end of mcu.

Everything that has come since for the most part has been crap.

The avengars were always great, but even ye he next avengers will be awful I'm sure.

Give it up Disney

Soldato
Massive difference between a couple of weeks worth of reshoots (which was standard marvel practise) and months worth of reshoots, which is now the norm for the trash churned out.

Massive difference between a couple of weeks worth of reshoots (which was standard marvel practise) and months worth of reshoots, which is now the norm for the trash churned out.
it just makes you wonder how bad it really was, and on top, given they have realised this, so reshot, and still come up with this junk.

i do wonder though how much kids are enjoying these movies. As at the end of the day, we are talking about movies like star wars, pixer, marvel, all movies that really are designed for kids. given how old iron man 1 is, i was a kid when it came out. even avangers i was a young adult.

perhaps we have to accept we are just too old for this rubbish now and kids do still get enjoyment from these movies and in 15 years those kids will be complaining how bad the latest disney movies have become, not like the good stuff they enjoyed when they were a kid. rinse repeat.

Caporegime
Edit:

6pemG0H.jpg

rp2000

Last edited:
Soldato
i do wonder though how much kids are enjoying these movies. As at the end of the day, we are talking about movies like star wars, pixer, marvel, all movies that really are designed for kids. given how old iron man 1 is, i was a kid when it came out. even avangers i was a young adult.

perhaps we have to accept we are just too old for this rubbish now and kids do still get enjoyment from these movies and in 15 years those kids will be complaining how bad the latest disney movies have become, not like the good stuff they enjoyed when they were a kid. rinse repeat.
The kids, as you put it, aren't interested in these movies or tv shows either though. Used to take my son to the cinema to see the latest marvel movie all the way up to End Game and since then we've gone once, to see No Way Home. although to be fair we've only seen 5 or so films at the cinema since then; Ford vs Ferrari, The Northman, TG: Maverick, Creed 3 and JW4. Every other marvel movie has had us shrugging our shoulders - Blade had me very interested when it was announced but everything since then points towards another **** movie release. Disney movies just aren't appealing to the 'right' people anymore.

End Game had 2-3 months of re-shoots and most people would agree that's pretty epic.
Most of that was trying to shoehorn in the girls get it done bit, which was the worst part of EG.

Soldato
Yes, they spent 3 months reshooting a scene to get some women on screen together for 10 seconds :rolleyes:

The real information is out there if you want to Google it.
Yes, your one (bad) example negates the point that reshoots were standard marvel fair, the length of said reshoots are now longer than previous because the movies are crap and getting constant 'this movie sucks' feedback when shown to test audiences :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The stans are really doing a “180:cry:

Can you give me the reasons for the “bad writing”?

Why have characters basically been race or gender swapped? Or both?

Why are these shows crammed with intersectional feminism?

What is the reason these directors were hired when they clearly didn’t have the experience? eternals and Marvels?

Soldato
If memory serves weren't large parts of the End Game re-shoots done to squeeze Captain Marvel into the film. I seem to remember she wasn't in the original shoot and then added late on. Apologies if I've mis-remembered that.
Changed a few things up in the final battle aswell, added the tony stark bits. Entirely different to massive reshoots because your movie sucks which is standard with marvel movies these days. Then again, its just another bad vincent take.

Soldato
If memory serves weren't large parts of the End Game re-shoots done to squeeze Captain Marvel into the film. I seem to remember she wasn't in the original shoot and then added late on. Apologies if I've mis-remembered that.
I remember the opposite. Captain Marvel's time was cut due to the general dislike of the character. She is barely in the movie.

Caporegime
Disney could pull an absolute blinder here and cancel all Marvel movies/tv. Bring one out in 5-6+ years time as a taster, something epic again. Something to get a whole new generation interested. Loads of media hype would generate too, with them doing the unexpected. They could easily start producing rumors of who will be the new hero to start it all back off again.

Rebuild and restablish the brand with a whole new storyline, characters with a proper start and ending planned out.

But they won't, they'll just keep churring out crap at low profit levels to keep themselves relevant.

Shame really, MCU provided tonnes of entertainment to everyone. Feeling whatever the next movie is will bomb even more. Previous MCU movies worked because you wanted to see the next movie due to it building on this epic massive storyline that was leading to some big explosive ending.

Associate
Disney could pull an absolute blinder here and cancel all Marvel movies/tv. Bring one out in 5-6+ years time as a taster, something epic again. Something to get a whole new generation interested. Loads of media hype would generate too, with them doing the unexpected. They could easily start producing rumors of who will be the new hero to start it all back off again.

Rebuild and restablish the brand with a whole new storyline, characters with a proper start and ending planned out.

But they won't, they'll just keep churring out crap at low profit levels to keep themselves relevant.

Shame really, MCU provided tonnes of entertainment to everyone. Feeling whatever the next movie is will bomb even more. Previous MCU movies worked because you wanted to see the next movie due to it building on this epic massive storyline that was leading to some big explosive ending.

Impossible to do anything like that because the corpo's wouldn't like the falling engagement metrics.

Caporegime
IMO they've waited too long to introduce X-Men and mutants into the universe. And it doesn't help that it feels like we've had about half a dozen solo movies and then never seen or heard from them again. They should have shelved that side of Marvel and rebooted the X-Men with new actors and built up that universe with a minor sprinkling of established heroes.

Back
Top Bottom