MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Soldato
Marvel and Star Wars need put on hiatus. They are no longer an event.
I don’t think that would work.

I think they have burned too much goodwill. The reason that Star Wars’ return to the big screen was so monumental was because of how much love people had for the first 6 films and the other materials that kept the fan base alive and fed.

Maybe if marvel took that break after the emotional high of endgame it would have worked.

However now that people have seen the quality drop and look at the franchise with apathy they would need to rebuild the hype for the franchise after a hiatus. Something they are incapable of doing as that would require a good vision, a great execution and patience.

Reactions: Kyo
Soldato
IMO they've waited too long to introduce X-Men and mutants into the universe. And it doesn't help that it feels like we've had about half a dozen solo movies and then never seen or heard from them again. They should have shelved that side of Marvel and rebooted the X-Men with new actors and built up that universe with a minor sprinkling of established heroes.
I think most people would agree they've dropped the ball with the mutant angle. They should have gone with genosha/magneto as one of the early p4 projects. Make mutants, or metahumans, extremely rare pre hulk snap but after that they are more common - something, something gamma radiation and then Wanda and her shenanigans. Use the mutiverse stuff from later movies to pull the likes of the x-men/deadpool into the main mcu timeline.

Soldato
Soldato
If they're gonna scrap kand dynasty, they may as well get the mutants in. Heck while there at it, bring back the Russo brothers for direction.

Soldato
OP
Caporegime
Well well well.

There is no agenda and it’s just bad writing…..

They aren't dumb they know what people want from their testing groups and surveys though it wouldn't be difficult to skew those for 'correct audiences'. The issue is and always will be large businesses running products into the ground because they profit is all that matters to them.

Soldato
What goes up must come down and they need a cover for that which doesn't point directly at their financial mismanagement but instead 'agendas'.
They are tied directly together though no? Their mismanagement in pandering to certain agendas is what's driving a fall in profits, I read in one of the links in the thread recently that bar a couple of films the movie division has been loss making over the past few years.

Soldato
OP
It’s literally an Offical filling by Disney. Their social goals don’t match their customers. Don’t know how anyone can actually spin it. It’s there in black and white.

Back
Top Bottom