MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Man of Honour
I think the average length of a mcu series is approx 4 hours (or 2 films)

Yeah I was speaking generally, for non MCU stuff. Shows that have 50 min episodes maybe 10 of them. It’s a big investment.

The same point can be made with MCU thought with the sheer amount of it. All these shows… ain’t got time for that, especially when it doesn’t really matter if you watch them or not. Perhaps that idea behind the rebranding… to make people like me more likely to engage.

Last edited:
Don
Rumours that keep coming out about this are baffling. Sounds like the director had ditched the “girl boss” story after the Blade actor guy complained and now Marvel are doubling down on it.

I think we could still see Marshala (probably not his right name) will walking from it.

Edit:
Fantastic Four writer taking over the screenplay for it, I’m sure that’ll save it!

Last edited:
Soldato
Rumours that keep coming out about this are baffling. Sounds like the director had ditched the “girl boss” story after the Blade actor guy complained and now Marvel are doubling down on it.

I think we could still see Marshala (probably not his right name) will walking from it.

Edit:
Fantastic Four writer taking over the screenplay for it, I’m sure that’ll save it!

That'll be a massive shame because he's a fantastic actor but it'd be understandable that, at some point, he'll eventually get tired of fighting for the story he wanted and originally signed up for.

Soldato
Screenshot-2024-06-13-193758.png

Most likely there's been some recent push back as it's been going so badly for them recently making the MCU too "female focused", so it wouldn't surprise me if there's a battle going on inside Disney between two camps over this movie.

Don
Folks have had a glut of meh superhero movies of late, so the MCU might have its golden years behind it.

Disney is just a dumpster fire that won’t go out as long as the shareholders support the board.
Whilst Disney seem quite happy to burn money, Marvel execs have said they want to "course correct" based on the last phase of the MCU losing the way - but certainly this doesn't seem to suggest their words are actually leading to action. Maybe Disney are still leaning on them. :(

Associate
I really fear for Daredevil, too. All the fans want something along the lines of the Netflix adaptation, but I'm sure Disney will stuff it up somehow ( if his cameo performance in Echo is anything to go by ).

Soldato
I really fear for Daredevil, too. All the fans want something along the lines of the Netflix adaptation, but I'm sure Disney will stuff it up somehow ( if his cameo performance in Echo is anything to go by ).
Well, they had shot 9 episodes before the strike and since then they've basically scrapped everything and are redoing the whole thing, The rumors were it was full on nu-disney prior to this and they seem to be course correcting

Associate
Well, they had shot 9 episodes before the strike and since then they've basically scrapped everything and are redoing the whole thing, The rumors were it was full on nu-disney prior to this and they seem to be course correcting
I’ll keep my fingers crossed the course correction is a major departure from present day Disney fare.

Back
Top Bottom