MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

Except in Lightyear they're pretty much the second and people still freaked out lmao. They were a plot device to demonstrate time dilation, they just happened to be gay.

All I'm getting from the tHiS iS wOkE snow flakes is that characters can be gay I just don't want to hear about it, see it on screen or it to have any relevance to the plot at all.
I'm not convinced there was that much backlash to lightyear. There was just a collective disinterest for the most part. I'm sure some people were annoyed by it but most people just had zero interest.

Doesn’t really matter how you interpret it - people have voted with their wallets as they are sick of having various agendas that add nothing to story lines rammed down their throats by Kennedy and her cronies.

Or people have turned away from poorly written and directed stories that no one really wanted?

The sad truth is that these aren't "one or another" but instead the two will always be intrinsically linked as most things which are classed as "woke" also tend to be badly written and directed etc, whereas films/shows which are well written but contain "woke" topics are usually well received, because of the quality.

I've said this many times before, but I'm amazed that the people who these "woke" things are made for seem to be so accepting (and defending) of low quality dross when you'd imagine they should be more incensed at the low quality dross thats made for them and they'd be the ones shouting loudest for good quality representation instead - yet we actually see the opposite, where people will accept to worst possible media/entertainment due to the tribalism of "if it was made for me then I must defend it no matter what, because only bigots hate it".

Things will never get better until the people this is made for start demanding better quality work rather than accepting dross "because it was made for me".

Last edited:
The sad truth is that these aren't "one or another" but instead the two will always be intrinsically linked as most things which are classed as "woke" also tend to be badly written and directed etc, whereas films/shows which are well written but contain "woke" topics are usually well received, because of the quality.

I've said this many times before, but I'm amazed that the people who these "woke" things are made for seem to be so accepting (and defending) of low quality dross when you'd imagine they should be more incensed at the low quality dross thats made for them and they'd be the ones shouting loudest for good quality representation instead - yet we actually see the opposite, where people will accept to worst possible media/entertainment due to the tribalism of "if it was made for me then I must defend it no matter what, because only bigots hate it".

Things will never get better until the people this is made for start demanding better quality work rather than accepting dross "because it was made for me".

I don't think they do as the "wokies" aren't watching the dross either, the problem is their complaints get drowned out for the agenda and polarization.

It doesn't help when Disney double down and try and front it out rather than listen to the constructive criticism. It's not that difficult to decifer the bigotry from genuine issue

Last edited:
I don't think they do as the "wokies" aren't watching the dross either, the problem is their complaints get drowned out for the agenda and polarization.

Oh I agree on that, but they are very vocal on SM about it which leads to your other point. Sadly, listening to that loud but small minority seems to be far more important to Studios than the financial suffering they go through from the heavily reduced number of people who end up watching this low quality dross.

It doesn't help when Disney double down and try and front it out rather than listen to the constructive criticism. It's not that difficult to decifer the bigotry from genuine issue

There is not "woke" audience for anything, it doesn't exist, call it a "modern audience" if you like, that doesn't exist either. These twitter loonies are less than a faction of 0.01% of the population.

The audience is what it has always has been, the fandom and the normies, and it's the normies or the general public who decide what succeeds and fails. One can only conclude that the genral public who is on neither side of this culture war, doesn't liike woke DEI-entertainment either, and this has been proven endless times over many many IP's. The same is being shown again and again in gaming.

It's that simple.

Fords not playing ball for the new Mando film!!

Bit late for a reunion on screen. KK made sure that never happened when it mattered.

That's been the problem from the very start. She needs to stop meddling and let the creative team focus back to basics.

Fords not playing ball for the new Mando film!!

Bit late for a reunion on screen. KK made sure that never happened when it mattered.

That’s nothing but complete speculation. They should never plan anything around Harrison Ford, it’s clear he wants nothing to do with the franchise.

Reactions: Kyo
That’s nothing but complete speculation. They should never plan anything around Harrison Ford, it’s clear he wants nothing to do with the franchise.

Yeah its flogging a dead horse. I rather they just omit him because he seems to just want to end the characters and be done with it.

There is not "woke" audience for anything, it doesn't exist, call it a "modern audience" if you like, that doesn't exist either. These twitter loonies are less than a faction of 0.01% of the population.

The audience is what it has always has been, the fandom and the normies, and it's the normies or the general public who decide what succeeds and fails. One can only conclude that the genral public who is on neither side of this culture war, doesn't liike woke DEI-entertainment either, and this has been proven endless times over many many IP's. The same is being shown again and again in gaming.

It's that simple.

That's why I put it in comma's due to them being referred to as woke consistently throughout the thread

I'd love to see Christopher Nolan given freedom to come up with a Star Wars show. Or imagine a Tarantino Star Wars show. Wonder what he'd come up with.

I'd love to see Christopher Nolan given freedom to come up with a Star Wars show. Or imagine a Tarantino Star Wars show. Wonder what he'd come up with.

Anything is better than the stuff they are coming out with. They need to refocus back to the core elements on SW. They need to admit the movies and their writing need to be better. Until that happens nothing will change.

I wish they would just stop this Marvel ****. I have never liked Marvel. It was never anything to do with my childhood, so it means nothing to me. As far as I am concerned, Hollywood stopped making decent action films when they "discovered" Marvel. The entire concept of a "superhero" is just plain stupid to me, because I didn't grow up with that stuff.

I wish they would just stop this Marvel ****. I have never liked Marvel. It was never anything to do with my childhood, so it means nothing to me. As far as I am concerned, Hollywood stopped making decent action films when they "discovered" Marvel. The entire concept of a "superhero" is just plain stupid to me, because I didn't grow up with that stuff.
Most relevant post in this thread.

Guys, everyone needs to listen to this guy, it will change your life.

Kids love a super hero,

I grew up with super heroes. Computer games are full of super heroes books are etc etc.

Adults just want a compelling storyline if it has super heroes in then fine by me, but make it decent.

A lot of the recent troubles are by trying to expand universes and join them all together, it can lead to very sloppy story telling, akin to telling lies and trying to tie them all together, the more you try the sloppier the lies get and more chance of being found out

Super heroes are about imagination, they shouldn't be completely wiped out,

Last edited:
I like the first couple Of sets.
Then it just turned to spam. Literally just spamming out films. When that happens I just give up. Too much **** basically.
After a while you could barely tell the difference between the films.
Captain marvel. I saw that. Garbage.
Only ones I liked to completion were GotG.

Disney has gone down hill.
Have to say apple and amazon and Netflix are doing much better imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom