MCU to "Refocus” and Disney sinking faster than the Titanic (Starwars is dead Marvel is dead)

This.
I have no issue with race, gender changes and what many men (in particular) seem to moan about.
Its more that a lot of recent films are just bad. Especially Disney stuff.
Have you seen Disney staff? Have you seen the writing rooms?

The defence on here over the last few years have been no the films aren’t bad it’s just you then all the isms gets threw about.

Now people have switched to the films are just poorly written there is no agenda.

The writing rooms are full of activists that never earned the job and just have “right think”

There’s photos from people writing booths with photos of Luke Skywalker zero out. Gota tear down all the old hero’s because we can’t write decent and interesting ones that can compete.

There’s quota’s to hit to get funding off certain investors and more money into their retirement funds.

Same as the games industry. Most of these studios hire activist organisations to come on board and advise.

Yup the writing certainly is poor when you got Blue haired land whales and women that smell of cats **** doing the writing!!

The defence on here over the last few years have been no the films aren’t bad it’s just you then all the isms gets threw about.

Now people have switched to the films are just poorly written there is no agenda.

The writing rooms are full of activists that never earned the job and just have “right think”

There’s photos from people writing booths with photos of Luke Skywalker zero out. Gota tear down all the old hero’s because we can’t write decent and interesting ones that can compete.

There’s quota’s to hit to get funding off certain investors and more money into their retirement funds.

Same as the games industry. Most of these studios hire activist organisations to come on board and advise.

Yup the writing certainly is poor when you got Blue haired land whales and women that smell of cats **** doing the writing!!

It's incredible that even now, all this still needs explaining....

You forgot to add the cooperate talking points and the journalist. The question they ask are trash and politics driven and the actors entertain it.

Mauler did a comparison between Natelie Portman talking about padme and the black women who leads the witch faction in the acolytes. They were talking about their characters and it is night and day how much more knowledgeable and informative Portman is about her character.

At first I did like the marvel/star wars movies and shows but they released way to damn many. I don't have enough free time to watch them all. At first I tried watching them all after a while I started to miss a show or movie but now I haven't watched anything marvel or star wars relented in over year and a half. I'm sure Disney have more than made the money they spent on purchasing star wars and mavel, but they have killed the franchise for me.

At first I did like the marvel/star wars movies and shows but they released way to damn many. I don't have enough free time to watch them all. At first I tried watching them all after a while I started to miss a show or movie but now I haven't watched anything marvel or star wars relented in over year and a half. I'm sure Disney have more than made the money they spent on purchasing star wars and mavel, but they have killed the franchise for me.
Last I seen that haven’t turned a profit yet on Star Wars

I'm genuinely surprised by that, I just assumed they would have made back the money they spent by now.
:D at this rate probably never!!

:D at this rate probably never!!

If they just set fire to shipping containers full of money I’m sure more people would watch that than The Acolyte.

Thats £172 million just in "Production" i.e. just making the show but not including any reshoots (after Sept 2023) and not including any advertising/marketing - This thing breached $300m I'd say once the fuller costs are added so nearly $40m per 40min episode or $1m per minute!

This.
I have no issue with race, gender changes and what many men (in particular) seem to moan about.
Its more that a lot of recent films are just bad. Especially Disney stuff.

Thats the symptom but what is the cause. Thats the difference.

Have good directors and screen/script writers magically vanished? Of course not. Hence the reason people are looking for the actual reasons studios with solid track records are suddenly churning out dross. People have come to the conclusion that its "woke" politics getting in the way because it seems to have very much coincided with the focus of changing things to make them inclusive, diverse and subjecting expectations. Its come from anecdotal evidence that from the very top, they are hiring actors, directors and people are these productions who have a focus on certain agendas ie. seeing more people of colour, gay characters, trans characters, strong female characters.

These people are far too often not actually good at their craft and their focus isn't on their core craft, its directed far too much by their political ideologies. Imagine hiring someone with a background in environmental sustainability to be your distribution manager. They might be able to do the job and you will probably be more environmentally sustainable. Unless they are also a very good distribution manager first and foremost though, you probably won't be as successful as a company doing you actual business of distribution.

With bad people you get bad films. With bad films that should be good (ie big IP and lots of money and previously good track record) and which seem to have focussed on progressive politics you will get the obvious backlash. Then you have some of the people involved sticking their heads up and confirming exactly what their focus was when creating the film and calling everyone who didn't like it a bigot. They wear their lack of respect for the source material as a badge of honor. They don't want to talk about the media, they want to talk about how they are challenging X, Y and Z in their portrayal.

100% agree! I like to say - Great films can still have "woke" themes and be successful, but "woke" films are universally bad and most flop hard - and its easy to see the difference between them i.e do you firstly concentrate on making your media great and then secondarily if it just happens to include progressive material thats a bonus, or is made to be progressive first and foremost and then any though of quality is a very distant second, because you don't need to make a film thats "good" because if its "woke" enough then everyone will HAVE to see it or else be called a bigot - one of those ideas will do well, one will do poorly, its not rocket science which is which!

Woke films, TV shows and games fail almost universally. And that is because the start point is DEI. Nothing can grow from that rotten seed.

It's shame there's not a "DEI" rating for content that is clearly produced this way. The BBFC show add a voluntary "DEI" clasification to the list, and then see if all these "creatives" who grandstand about how inclusive all their shows and movies are, and how much better people they are than "toxic fans" and "white male gamers" want to stand by their content and are happy to slap a DEI classification on it. And we know they wouldn't because it would kill their offerings stone dead even before release because NO-ONE, fans, normies, whomever, with the exception of twitter nutjobs wants DEI content.

It clearly at this point is a genre of its own, because it is obviously not a creative endeavour in any meaningful way. It's no different from the old public information films from years ago about not going swimming in large bodies of open water, or not playing on railway tracks, except of course that there was good old common sense behind those.

Last edited:
It's ideology wrapped up as entertainment.

If you like to be spoon fed what to think, you'll lap up this crap. If you don't, and like to make your own mind up, then obviously it's the equivalent of a cheese grater on the none smooth side of your brain.

Back
Top Bottom