Me gusta le hypertrophy

Bench is looking stronk!

Deads look ok, but there needs to be more of a drive with the legs and more tightness maintained in the pause. You also need to do you pause a lot lower, like an inch off the floor.

Bench is looking stronk!

:cool:

Deads look ok, but there needs to be more of a drive with the legs and more tightness maintained in the pause. You also need to do you pause a lot lower, like an inch off the floor.

Will drive more and pause lower. I think on one of the ramping sets I paused quite high and the following rep made a conscious effort to pause a lot lower.

I think pausing so high might be making keeping a tight pause more difficult. Have quite good ROM on my RDL's so will pause them nice and low tonight.

How much for second hole?

Loooooooooooool. What are you offering?

:cool:

Will drive more and pause lower. I think on one of the ramping sets I paused quite high and the following rep made a conscious effort to pause a lot lower.

I think pausing so high might be making keeping a tight pause more difficult. Have quite good ROM on my RDL's so will pause them nice and low tonight.
Pausing lower is actually harder. Pepper your angus and weight choice.

B1 - 06.1.14 - Cider Squat Power.

EZ Curl Machine: RP - 20/30
17.5KG - 15, 4, 3 = 22 (More weight, less reps)

Hammer Curl: SS - 11-20
18KG - 12 = 20 (more weight, less reps) - 16's were unavailable.

Paused RDL's: SS - 10/15
120KG x 10 = 10 (same weight, same reps, read on for explanation)

Front/Hack Squat: 5-8 / 20
210KG x 8 PB (same reps, more weight)
155KG x 20 PB(more weight, same reps)

Bit of a fluster this evening. Left my shuffle at home and wanted to film my sets still. Can't face a widowmaker without loud music so popped home to grab it. Also left my log sheet on my desk so had to browse my log on my phone to find my working weights for today :mad:

RDL's (paused) - couldn't find my last working weight quickly enough so just plucked 120KG out the air which happens to be the same as last time! :p Towards the end I externally rotate my shoulder/arm and I feel a lot tighter in my upper back, or at least a lot more activation. I do this for rows so don't know why I haven't for deads/RDL's. Top of the lat insertion in to the shoulder/rear delt feeling very joocey.

Hack Squats - adductors still a little tight pulling my knees in slightly but overall quite happy, these have come on well, 5KG on both sets consistently for 6 weeks now :)

Have also ordered some voodoo bands and also X bands for mobility gains. My knees feel fine so this is more of a preventative measure rather than a correctional/rehabilitation one!

Edit: forgot to mention there was a heavy night with the bretherin on Saturday. I spent most of Sunday forcing in food for gains. Still feeling off today and still re-hydrating!

Watching the widowmaker back none of it looks particularly difficult but it definitely felt it! The only reason I didn't pussy out after 10 was because I knew I was filming.

Norks for Toby:
jAak3fq.png

Last edited:
RDLs looking fantastic there!

I can confirm, also feeling the sting still.

Tfw praise from Icecold :) cryingman.gif

I thought my shoulders could do with being over the bar (back) a bit more?

Can confirm, do have a minor congestion in my throat/sinuses today. Considering the amount of illness in the office the last two month it's to be expected. *Touch wood* doesn't feel like it will be around long.

Also 96.8KG this morning with mildly visible abs, picture soon.jpeg.

Edit: Looks like my second set of Deads did film on Saturday :confused:

Definitely agree I need to work on my leg drive/first pull as I have no problem hinging the weight/RDL'ing. (No arm external rotation, no tightness :()

122.5KG

Last edited:
Your shoulder position is actually good. What you can see in the video is vertical line from the bar to the rear of your shoulder, aka you lat insertion. This tends to mean (with other conditions in place) that you're engaging and loading your lats properly.

Your shoulder position is actually good. What you can see in the video is vertical line from the bar to the rear of your shoulder, aka you lat insertion. This tends to mean (with other conditions in place) that you're engaging and loading your lats properly.

This explains why they are full of DOMS today then :D

Will try this set up for deads too. Felt my rhombs & traps kick in as soon as I externally rotated.

Do not want that hack squat volume. Das both it and not it mane.

Was going to say upper back looks good. I always get hella DOMS in my mid back when I have been using it properly. Very strange feeling when it happens from benching though :p

Every leg day has that volume :cool: Can confirm quads, hamstrings and glutes pepperoni pizza'd.

Have yet to experience those feels!

A2 - 08.1.14 - Sickness PB's

Floor Pin Press - RP 15/20
112.5KG x 11, 3, 2 = 16 PB (less reps, more weight)
(Changed rep range to 15-20 as 20/30 is not going to be beneficial for benching strength.)

Seated DB Press w/backrest - RP - 11/15
28KG x 15, 4, 3 = 22 (Same weight, many more reps :eek:)

Lying Paused Fat Tricep Bar Hammer Grip Skull Crusher - 2ct - RP - 20/3
Bar10KG? + 25KG x 13, 4, 3 = 20 (Same weight, more reps)

Wide Hammer Grip Lat Pull Down - RP - 15/20
Pin 10 - nil - see notes.

BOR - SS - 10/12

92.5KG x 12 (more weight, more reps)

So I came down with some strong congestion, headache & sore throat Monday evening, either caught of some kermit in the gym or as a result of the weekends debauchery. Felt pretty horrendous Tuesday, feel like I'm over the worst of it today, had the afternoon of work by coincidence.

I'm sensible when I'm ill and it comes to training, it feels fairly self contained to my head, throat is purely just sore and not likely to be an infection. Strength felt uneffected (i.e., don't feel like a weak DYELP) so decided to train but play it by ear.

Pin Press - went well, considering how I have been feeling. Pushed myself quite hard on the second and third sets as I felt like I was being a cheating kermit on the first set.

DB Press - surprised myself, had to double check that they were the 28's as they seemed to go up very easily, an extra 3 reps on last weeks first set (and extra reps on following sets) despite the heavier pin press and sickness.

Skullcrushes - nothing to report except such pump.

Lat Pull Down - didn't change up from pin 8 to pin 10 for my work set so cranked out the first set at pin 8, then realised, tried pin 10, pls respond, nope.

BOR - again, pushing myself for the gains despite my sickness feeling like I don't have time to be a sick ***** if I want to hit my 600keeeegs total so went at this with a bit of rage.gif

49Dk3u3.png

Last edited:
Hnng

Mate, on sets 2/3 is it that you can obly hit those reps or is it part of the program?

That's a maximal effort/failure. I don't really like forced reps, find them too taxing and not really beneficial, not frequently anyway.

Some of the OHP looks like I just stop for no reason, like set 2, but it'll be because I can feel my level of fatigue is almost maximal and that the next rep would definitely be failed or a total battle and simply isn't worth the potentially wasted effort. You could see on the final set I had a bit of a grind etc..

Back
Top Bottom