Me gusta le hypertrophy

your vids are so good to watch. To my untrained eye your technique looks brilliant.

I wanna be in you.... I mean like you. :eek: :D

In and around my mouth. Wait, what?

Strong back?

Clean/snatch pulls at 80%1RM. :cool:

You be like Lu Xiaohnnnnnnnnnnng...

****. (Whoops, sorry :()

Gonna start snatch grip RDL's :D

Tbh since externally rotating my arms/shoulders on RDL's/Deads my traps & rhombs are getting activated to **** (Whoops, sorry :()and beaten like a ginger stepchild.

I've done a bit of thinking the last few days and I think, credit to Syla (as it's also his plan too), that Russian Masters Squat Routine and Smolov Jnr are on the cards to take me up until March. With some regular deadlift programming/work in there too.

Gonna be tough but hopefully rewarding. Need to think carefully about the loads, volume and intensity of any assistance work I use.

Today the Brohirrim answered Strongdor's call.

@ Monster Gym - Cheshunt. BW 95KG.

I don't know what it was about this bench but it wasn't quite right. The bars there were also very questionable! Triceps switched off just past the stick point, took a while to turn them back on again, lawl.

Not a PB but a SB, actually deadlifting regularly from next week should see some mire-able progress. Hadn't pulled a 200KG since 3rd year uni, so 2010?! :eek:

Good start to the year, 555KG total :)

Cheers guys. Was feeling joocey.

10KG on my bench and 25KG on my squat since June.

Time to destroy my deadlift, very pleased with how those looked, considering DOH too. Will try and used mixed in my training but it feels alien (inb4bennylovesaliens) at the moment.

Snatch grip RDL's will be making a regular appearance :cool:

As for the strength gains on a hypertrophy routine, Trudel (the author) as of the opinion that strength & size have an important relationship.

He believed he who makes the greatest strength gains [in a controlled fashion] makes the greatest muscle gains. Note that I said strength gains. Everybody knows someone naturally strong who can bench 405 yet isn’t that big. Going from a 375 bench to 405 isn’t an incredible strength gain and won’t result in much of a muscle mass gain. If someone goes from 150 to 405 for reps, that incredible strength gain will equate to an incredible muscle mass gain. Ninety-nine percent of bodybuilders are brainwashed that they must go for a blood pump, and those same 99% stay the same year after year. It’s because they have no plan. They go in, get a pump and leave. They give the body no reason to change. A power-bodybuilding game plan stresses continually getting stronger on key movements, and the body protects itself by getting muscularly larger. If you never get anywhere close to your ultimate strength levels, you will never get close to your utmost level of potential size.

Some may disagree, we all have our own opinions and views.

Last edited:
Technical handsomeness.

In for strength programme. Strong credit to Syla5 for a programme that I recommended initially, kermit :mad: :p

Lols you mad brah :p. not to say you haven't mentioned it before but I've had this exact routine planned since before Christmas and think Benny just wanted to make sure it didn't look like me jumping on the RMSR Smolov Jr band wagon when I start it, once more supple/mobile.

Lols you mad brah :p. not to say you haven't mentioned it before but I've had this exact routine planned since before Christmas and think Benny just wanted to make sure it didn't look like me jumping on the RMSR Smolov Jr band wagon when I start it, once more supple/mobile.

Dat wos it.

RMSR & Smolov Jr start's tonight, safe to say I am much excite. Going to be interesting with all these long rests considering I'm conditioned for maximal efforts with 15-20s at the moment. Might take a magazine with to read or text on my phone between sets ;)

Should be easier for you all to follow than DC was anyway :p

Six doubles @ 160KG for squats and six sixes of 97.5KG bench :)

Will write up properly along with projections tonight/soon.

Dat wos it.

RMSR & Smolov Jr start's tonight, safe to say I am much excite. Going to be interesting with all these long rests considering I'm conditioned for maximal efforts with 15-20s at the moment. Might take a magazine with to read or text on my phone between sets ;)

Should be easier for you all to follow than DC was anyway :p

Six doubles @ 160KG for squats and six sixes of 97.5KG bench :)

Will write up properly along with projections tonight/soon.

This is going to be exceptional. :D

RUSSIAN MASTERS SQUAT ROUTINE / SMOLOV JNR

1314.gif

120-150s rests all round.

Back Squat

60 x some
80 x some
100 x some
120 x 3
140 x 2

160 x 2, x 2, x 2, x 2, x 2, x 2

Bench Press

Bar x some
60 x some
80 x 5

97.5 x 6, x 6, x 6, x 6, x 6, x 6

DBSS

10KG x 8/8, 8/8

Lateral Raises 2ct hold

6KG x 10, x 10, x 7

These were unfamiliar feels:

NO SWEARING
  • I was a little restless between sets, eager to go again after about 30 seconds. 2/2.5 minutes feels right, enough to recover but not switch off.
  • I should be using 165KG for this volume phase, I cracked on with 160KG without realising but it felt right. (Based on 200 training max / 205PB)
  • Will try 165KG Friday. (Based on 205 training max / 210PB)
  • 160KG feels like a comfortable, yet heavy, weight where I can still address some underlying issues. I felt the further in to my sets I got the better my reps felt.
  • Knees are nice and wide (for my stance) at the bottom so want to keep them out as I drive up.
  • I took these squats slightly deeper than I normally do.
  • Set 5 of squats the bar wasn't quite central on my back so I bounced it over a bit between reps.
  • Some complete kermit took the plate my phone was propped up against but luckily I had finished my 5th set before it fell.
  • Set 6 it just fell of it's own accord, left in the video for the grunts. Will acquire mini tripod.

• Slight intentional pause on bench.
  • Plates on the right hand side were about 1" off the collar for the first set or two :rollseyes:

DBSS - I'm not really a fan off, I was twisting out for maximum glute but found this exercise on the whole just pumped my quads up. I will use walking lunges in favour as 'stepping through' tickles my glutes very well.

Could have curled but figured Saturday was quite taxing so would call it quits and see how I feel tomorrow & Wednesday.

Lateral raises felt delicious.

Dat Squat Booty.

Saa2vBL.png

Last edited:
What's all these long rests between sets? Shouldn't need more then 90sec for the first couple of weeks, especially with the squats! Can't sit to get started on this routine :(

Back
Top Bottom