Me gusta le hypertrophy

Naturally :)

This is why I have stayed off of Hypertophy routines most of the time last year and before, I seem to be more prone to injury while doing those sorts of rep ranges. I'm trying it again but attempting to take it easy without gassing myself out and letting form go.

B2 - 10/01/14 - Rawwwwwwr

Standing Fat Bar Curl - RP - 20/30
Bar + 27.5KG x 15, 4, 3 = 22 (more weight, less reps)

Cable Rope Hammer Curl - SS - 11/20

Pin 10 x 12 = 12 (same weight, more reps)

GHR - RP - 15-20
GHR is broken at the moment :( resorted to some SLDL's with the fixed barbells up to 50KG as I couldn't be faffed loading up a barbell etc, also decided as I have been ill to sack this off pretty much today and just get my squats done and go home.

Back Squat - 4/8 [120s] 20

175KG x 5 PB (more weight, less reps)
125KG x 20PB (more weight, more reps)

I've two more workouts left (A3 & B3) before the bro-down on the 18th. I was a little annoyed with my heavy set of squats, I have plenty of strength left in the tank, core feels fine as do my knees but medial glute is failing me and my knees are falling in which is why I stopped after 5 reps. I found box/benched work recruited more glutes so might look in to this again.

I need to focus on screwing in more and keeping my knees out. All my tripples up to this 100/120/140 all felt very joocey, solid, poweful. Perhaps it's due to working quite closely to my RM for so many reps? I think with the next cycle I'll introduce pauses on all my squat variations. I'll have a read about other suitable exercises/variations to work on this weakness.

125 x 20 felt as grim as it looked :cool:

Stretching out my tight adductors regularly & mobilising my hip capsule is leaving my hips feeling much much better than they have been after squatting.

PFbzqUH.png

Last edited:
And on the 6th day he said 'Let there be a wall of pre cooked chicken, equally portioned, ready for freezing'.

dY1lZL0.png

And on the 7th day he rested.

A3 - 13.1.14 - Dis it now, PB time soon.jpeg

Pin/Floor Press - RP - 11/15
115KG x 10 PB, 2, 1 = 13 (More weight, less reps)

Klokov - RP - 11/15
45KG x 12, 3, 1 = 16 (More weight, more reps)

Dips - 11/15 - RP
35KG x 11, 2, 1 = 14 (more weight, less reps)

Ring Pull Ups - RP - 15/20
BW x 11, 4, 2 = 16 (Same weight, more reps)

T-Bar Low Row - SS - 10/12
42.5KG x 9 (More weight, less reps)

Pin Press felt heavy today, manageable but still heavy. 2nd set 3rd rep was assisted so I haven't counted, complete non mover.

Klokov felt pretty comfortable to be honest and I think this is translating nicely in to my seated DB press as it really batters my front delt. I'm conscious it's quite an easy exercise to snap yourself with so am taking care. Getting the hang of not skinning the back of my neck every few reps.

Dips - not much to report other than fatigue.

Ring Pull Ups - not sure about these, think I'll go back to a fixed bar.I used hook grip too , including my 1 minute hang, painful thumbnails after.

T-Bar Row - was pretty ****** come this point, always good.

In the kitchen, where she belongs, cooking me up some protein pancaaaaaaakes:
wPTMwF8.png

Last edited:
Bro's pls, I said less, not none.

Sometimes I feel as if, you know, you're only in here for the sexys. And don't even appreciate my lifting. I think we need some time apart.

Bro's pls, I said less, not none.

Sometimes I feel as if, you know, you're only in here for the sexys. And don't even appreciate my lifting. I think we need some time apart.

look Benny... you're awesome... your lifting is awesome... everyday I look at your log in awe and wish I was that awesome...

Just don't stop posting women!

ps. did I mention how awesome you are?!

Since you stopped snatching, I stopped paying attention. To the lifting. ;) :D

Pls forgive, I'm gonna start snatching again real soon. Probably once I've had your fine hands placed upon my buttocks.

look Benny... you're awesome... your lifting is awesome... everyday I look at your log in awe and wish I was that awesome...

Just don't stop posting women!

ps. did I mention how awesome you are?!

Awesome.

lol at leg kick

Wut?

B3 - 13.11.13 - It's been emotional

Inc DB Curl - RP - 20/30
16'sKG x 12, 4, 2 = 18 (was bored of EZ machine, this feels much more beneficial, I might even consider a concentration curl :eek: full bro I know)

Cable Rope Hammer Curl - SS - 11/20
Pin 10 x 12 (same weight, same reps)

RDL (Paused) - SS - 10/15

125KG x 10 (more weight, same reps, need to pause longer)

Front Squat - 4/8 [120s] 20
125KG x 5 (Same as last week but much tidier and much comfier)
90KG x 17 (One more than last time but still fell short, front squats really aren't a lift for high reps. Being so core dependent!)

Not much to report that I haven't mentioned above really. I need to strengthen my upper back as I feel it is the first link to give in RDL's/Deads, traps & rhombs mostly, could be lats though. Think it just needs time.

Paused front squats (3 x 100) below felt really good and I think I will favour a lighter load with a decent pause and strong drive out the hole with nice form.

I'm not training again now until the bro-down on Saturday.

Aims are:

145KG bench (+2.5KG)
210G squat (+5KG)
200KG dead (SB + 5KG)
150KG frontie (+10KG)

I'll play it by ear on the day and also see how I get on with the equipment there.

I think I have a bit of an itch for some more strength specific routines. As my goal is ultimately to add about 50KG to my total this year it only seems logical.

I would like to get my wut ratio dead up to something respectable, but I also want a 5 plate squat and a one fiddy bench annnnd to get a respectable strict press too. But I can't have it all so need to prioritise....

I still gusta le hypertrophy though!

1CFjjEM.png

Back
Top Bottom