Mechwarrior 5: Mercenaries

Soldato
had 2 on my sega saturn, i loved loading up the stormcrow with massive lasers and getting over heat over heat verbal warnings :)

mech warrior 3 amazed me at the time as did 4, im hoping this one is good, saving for a pc upgrade so i guess ill let other guys go first on this game and see how it is :)

Soldato
Gonna download this tonight, i loved the old games so much even mechcommander. Was such a blast and i hope this game will bring back some of the nostalgia for me.

Associate
I've played this for a fast approaching a dozen hours and the gameplay and shooting is fun. Everything else is poor.

There are many missed opportunities and missing features that I expected from the game in this day. You can't even change your outfit's emblem. Enemies pop into existence directly in front or behind you at point blank, and also shoot before appearing on radar. Every missions so far I've gone up against battalions of tanks and aircraft. They're a bigger threat that enemy mechs. etc. etc.

The game is fun and I'm looking forward to getting people on voice for coop. But I feel it's missing too much, with too many issues, especially from the mission diversity and enemy spawns vs the older games, let a lone what should be getting made these days.

I'll still be playing it though. :D

Associate
OP
I’ve been enjoying it. It’s at its best when played co-op with friends, jumping in to each other’s campaigns to check out the latest mechs they’ve picked up, etc. The difficulty also scales up when playing co-op, which I like. It looks nice, and the gunplay is fun. The procedurally generated missions get a bit samey after a while, but some of the story line missions are really good. It’s lacking a bit on the mercenary outfit management side, the basics are there but they could have done more with it. It’s open to modding so that should be good and maybe they can flesh it out a bit where it’s lacking with DLC. If you like the Mechwarrior IP then I think it’s worth picking up, otherwise probably best wait for a sale, or for it to turn up on Steam if you hate Epic.

Soldato
I’ve been enjoying it. It’s at its best when played co-op with friends, jumping in to each other’s campaigns to check out the latest mechs they’ve picked up, etc. The difficulty also scales up when playing co-op, which I like. It looks nice, and the gunplay is fun. The procedurally generated missions get a bit samey after a while, but some of the story line missions are really good. It’s lacking a bit on the mercenary outfit management side, the basics are there but they could have done more with it. It’s open to modding so that should be good and maybe they can flesh it out a bit where it’s lacking with DLC. If you like the Mechwarrior IP then I think it’s worth picking up, otherwise probably best wait for a sale, or for it to turn up on Steam if you hate Epic.

Nice summery, what I was looking for. Want to buy it and does look like a lot of fun. But the procedural generated element and things get samey is what turning me off at full price at the moment, don't mind the epic bit, will pick it up on sale I imagine.

Soldato
I do like the game but the weak aspects have been mentioned. Battletech was like this in the beginning but had a decent campaign and improved with the DLCs. I've put over 300 hours in Battletech but the mods which essentially re-wrote the battle mechanics had a lot to do with that.

Tanks/helicopters are very prevalent but that slowly changes and you need it at first as you wouldn't survive long against just a couple of Mechs at first. With a single Mech and long repair/heal times you definitely need to get more Mechs and pilots up to speed to take on harder missions especially the multi-missions.

Soldato
Enjoying the early missions this morning with a double header in which I lost 2 Mechs + pilots but sold enough salvage to buy a hero Blackjack. Energy version with a Large Pulse Laser so that might be my new ride for a bit.

Associate
Patch notes are out at https://mw5mercs.com/news/2019/12/19-mw5-mercs-patch

Patch Date and Time - 17 DEC 2019 @ 12PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.0.184

This patch arrives with several improvements and fixes.
Please note that in order to patch the game the Epic Game Launcher may require an amount of available disk space greater than the actual size of the patch, typically an amount equal to the size of the game (which is currently around 45 GB).
It also bears mentioning that in order to play Co-op, both players will need to be using the same version. If you are receiving an "incompatible version" error when attempting to invite a friend, it means that one player has the latest game version but the other does not.
If you have any issues please be sure to contact General or Technical. We are continuing to track and work on reported issues.

- The MechWarrior 5 Team

ART

Fixed various cases of floating objects in missions.
Fixed some gaps in the Leopard DropShip doors.
Fixed an issue where a second Leopard DropShip could be seen in the planet arrival travel sequence.
Fixed an issue where foliage was showing up inside certain garrisons.
Improvements to mission environment lighting.
Biomes (Volcanic): Fixed an issue where ash particles were appearing inside the Leopard DropShip before the bay doors opened.
Atlas AS7-K: Fixed an issue where the AMS particle effect was appearing under the left torso by the waist.
Black Knight: Hitbox adjustments.
Hunchback: Fixed an issue where weapons mounted to the right torso would appear to float after the component had been destroyed.
Kintaro KTO-GB: Fixed an issue where it was not being marked as a Hero ‘Mech in the frontend.
Orion ON1-M: Fixed an issue where the right torso ballistic weapon wasn't visible.
Warhammer: Hitbox adjustments.
CONTROLS

Added default mapping support for ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Flight Stick and Throttle.
Added default mapping support for ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X flight stick.
Gamepad axis can now be remapped by directly choosing the intended axis.
Fixed an issue where joystick sensitivity and invert settings wouldn't revert to their correct defaults.
Fixed an issue where the Interact key (‘E’) couldn’t be remapped to another key.
GAMEPLAY

Enemy spawning has been improved.
DropShip spawning has been improved.
Fixed an issue in the "Reckoning" story mission where ‘Mechs could get stuck between the raised platform and building.
Fixed an issue where faction standing was not updating after completing the "Killing Kane" story mission.
Fixed an issue where the game did not warn players that accepting the branching "Corporate Interests" Side Quest mission after completing the “Destabilization 2” Quest mission would prevent them from completing the "Destabilization 3" Quest mission.
Fixed an issue where weapons and equipment were available for sale in systems not located within Industrial Zones and War Zones.
Fixed an issue in the Market where an AMS on sale would cost 0 C-Bills.
Fixed an issue where multiple instances of the same equipment was showing up for different prices in the same Market.
GENERAL

Various crash fixes.
Fixed an issue where establishing a co-op connection would sometimes fail.
SOUND

Fixed an issue with the “An Intriguing Offer” Quest mission having incorrect mission dialogue.
Fixed an issue with the “Destabilization Pt.2” Quest mission where there was no Ryana outro audio.
Fixed an issue in the "Reckoning" story mission where the enemy boss’s voice sounded overly distorted.
Fixed an issue where Co-op players were hearing an override warning beep sound while spectating after their ‘Mech was destroyed from overheating while in an override state.
UI/UX

Fixed an issue where player ‘Mech throttle speed would revert to 0 km/h when the game was paused.
Fixed an issue where the game would un-pause in the background if the player accessed the Pause Menu’s Load Save screen.
Fixed an issue where 'Mechs could be duplicated, replacing other chassis in the player inventory.
Fixed an issue where Repair, Edit Loadout, and Paint ‘Mech buttons were available for ‘Mechs with active work orders.
Fixed an issue in the BattleMechs screen where equipment size was not displayed in the Item Details popup that appears when the cursor is placed over an item.
Updated tooltip for “Shielding” Pilot Skill to state that this skill only applies to armored locations.
Fixed various issues with mission briefing and debriefing text and images.
Fixed an issue where sorting filter preferences in the Cold Storage tab were not persisting when navigating away from and then returning to the BattleMechs screen.
Fixed an issue where the View Intel button was not appearing on the Home screen after accepting a transmission.
Fixed an issue in the Tutorial where the “Enter your ‘Mech” objective was not being displayed in the top left corner of the screen.
Fixed an issue where Co-op players were seeing injured pilot recovery times as “0 Days(s)” in the Post Mission stats screen.
Fixed an issue where Co-op players were not given any event notifications during the Campaign, such as when the host bought items or completed objectives.
Fixed an issue where Co-op players tabbing out of menus during travel sequences would cause them to float in space without any UI.
Fixed an issue with Hero/Rare 'Mechs or Rare Weapon notifications sometimes appearing with empty identification brackets in the Home screen.
French, German, and Russian translations have been greatly improved. Fixed various untranslated text issues as well.

Soldato
I'm enjoying this, since playing from when it was released the hotfixes and patches have improved the game. Especially stability. However, two annoying bugs that I have...

1. When zooming from x1 > x2 there is a massive slow down.
2. When I exit, 9 times out of 10 it will crash my PC with BSOD Memory_Management issue. Just this game.

I have 32GB RAM with a fixed 16GB Page File and an 8GB Vega 64 GPU. Don't know quite what that could all be about. Must admit, the first drop of AMD's latest 2020 drivers seemed unstable for me. But 19.12.3 seems to be more solid.

Associate
I'm enjoying this, since playing from when it was released the hotfixes and patches have improved the game. Especially stability. However, two annoying bugs that I have...

1. When zooming from x1 > x2 there is a massive slow down.
2. When I exit, 9 times out of 10 it will crash my PC with BSOD Memory_Management issue. Just this game.

I have 32GB RAM with a fixed 16GB Page File and an 8GB Vega 64 GPU. Don't know quite what that could all be about. Must admit, the first drop of AMD's latest 2020 drivers seemed unstable for me. But 19.12.3 seems to be more solid.

I dont get any of those problems, it runs perfect on myn, no crashing or slow downs and i'm still the first release drivers for the x570 boards and cpu but I'm on a 2080ti

Soldato
I dont get any of those problems, it runs perfect on myn, no crashing or slow downs and i'm still the first release drivers for the x570 boards and cpu but I'm on a 2080ti

Thanks for the reply - well that's annoying / but good to hear for you at least. :) I'll try a fresh install of 19.12.3 and do some Memory stress testing. Doing an SFC scan and a DISM check on OS just in case. I could also re-install the game as well just in case.

EDIT: Yeah could be perhaps an AMD / Nvidia difference? :confused:

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom