Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Soldato
The companion app for this is rubbish compared to the GZ one which I did actually use a little bit. Maybe it's better on a tablet but the interface is far too small and fiddly to be usable on a phone. Shame there's not more to it than just acting as a mini-map.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Decided to have a break from this tonight.

Past 3 days I've been up until 2:30am. I felt like death in work today and decided if I played again tonight I may not wake up tomorrow.

Snake? Snaaake? Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake?!!!

Associate
Struggling on mission 7 where I have to take out 3 tanks. All 3 missions available to me recommend a missile launcher but I'm not able to develop it yet!

I tried for about 2 hours to stealth the mission but there are too many guards, as soon as I get spotted all the tanks fire rockets at me.

Any tips?

After clearing the village out I used a motar implacement on top of a building, worked for me.

Caporegime
Taking a little break from this because the repetition is doing my head in. I'm about 30% through the game after around 40 hours, I've done all the available side missions in Afghanistan so far, and I'm on story mission 17 or 18 I believe. The attention to detail is fantastic but practically every mission is extract/kill this person, with 2 or 3 minutes of dialogue in between main ops in the form of cassettes if you're lucky.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Have you picked up the afghan lullaby tape?

If you play it on your speakers when you sneak up on guards, they fall asleep :D

Soldato
Got my bandana now, so rocking the proper Snake look.

Since completing this and so knowing what I know now, it doesn't feel as satisfying to play. At least Raiden in MGS2 was relatively well developed. Being "The Medic" is just plain old nonsense.

Not having Quiet anymore is equally annoying... I still had upgrades to develop for her, so no idea if that limits the achievements I can get now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got my bandana now, so rocking the proper Snake look.

Since completing this and so knowing what I know now, it doesn't feel as satisfying to play. At least Raiden in MGS2 was relatively well developed. Being "The Medic" is just plain old nonsense.

Not having Quiet anymore is equally annoying... I still had upgrades to develop for her, so no idea if that limits the achievements I can get now.

Yeah it is quite underwhelming isn't it, it could've been fantastic had we got to see the whole story to be honest but we got half of it at best :(

That said still easily one of my favourite games ever got the gameplay alone, nothing else like it and the attention to detail of random stuff will never been seen in another game ever (and possibly why Kojima had a fall out with higher ups haha)

Caporegime
Have you picked up the afghan lullaby tape?

If you play it on your speakers when you sneak up on guards, they fall asleep :D

Yeah, there's another tape you can pick up, the traditional Johnny Sasaki one where he's in the toilet with diarrhoea. If you hide in a toilet when the guards are searching for you try playing the tape and see what happens. :D

Soldato
Am I the only one who finds it hilarious setting 'Take on Me' as your helicopter music? "I'll be gone in a day or twoooooooooo" as the helicopter flies off into distance is comedy gold for me. Maneater is another good one.

Soldato
Place c4 on the road and use a grenade launcher and hand grenades.

The small outpost the tanks pass through immediately after the main area where you get the intel and the convoy starts, there's vehicle with an anti-material cannon and rockets. Cuts through them incredibly easily.

Caporegime
Just completed Chapter 1 how long is chapter 2?

Not long, not many story missions despite what you've just seen after the credits :(

If you want to know how to make the new story missions appear (basically the ones which aren't repeats read the following spoiler)
Every 3 side ops you do will trigger a new one or a story event

Soldato
Not long, not many story missions despite what you've just seen after the credits :(

If you want to know how to make the new story missions appear (basically the ones which aren't repeats read the following spoiler)
Every 3 side ops you do will trigger a new one or a story event

Thanks for the reply im up to the Child rescue mission 1, good game so far but its a crappy metal gear solid game. Seems rushed and not enough cut scenes/story.

Last edited:
Soldato
Quick tip for those having problems with mission 8, the 1 with the colonel and tanks, especially if going for S rank

Drop in at bottom of map follow the road past the y section till u pass some burnt out vehicles, best if u have horse to block road or another vehicle ( if u going the right way kaz should say something about u going the wrong way) with the road blocked a tank, truck with the guy and another tank should be there, if u have the fulton upgraded u can just do them in order but quickly as rear tank will shoot or use c4 if u want to destroy, i did it in just under 4 mins.

Back
Top Bottom