Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain

Really looking forward to this, I absolutely loved the first few MGS, but fell out of love with the recent ones a bit. Currently enjoying Ground Zeroes which I was going to buy before MGS5 launch as an introduction, but is free on Games With Gold this month. Loving it so far, it seems to have got a way from the over-complicating camo system which took the enjoyment away a bit for me.

I do kinda wish I have a PS4 so I could revisit the old ones though.

I started watching the Mothership Gamescom video and my god this could be the game of the generation - just the detail is astounding. Had to stop because I didnt want to spoil it further...

Guys start taking showers and saluting your soliders!

ps3ud0 :cool:

Gamescom mother base 2015 video. I've watched ten minutes of it. I don't wanna watch anymore and spoil anything.. :'( hurry up September first!

I dont think theres that much to really spoil in the video - its pretty much Motherbase stuff and protecting it. Honestly I can see me not even bothering with MGO looking at how the metagame works and the details you can go into if you wish

Kinda stressing that I havent touched PW or GZ before this is out :p

ps3ud0 :cool:

Peace Walker doesn't really matter all that much, I personally never got very far with it despite being a huge MGS fan. You've got four weeks to play Ground Zeroes though, plenty of time!

I played the MGS1 and 2 when they first came out, don't rememeber the story really. Anyway, MGS V Ground Zeroes is on Games with Gold this month and I'm really enjoying it so far and now I'm suddenly quite looking forward to Phantom Pain.

The long cut scenes do my head in but otherwise it's looking like a great game. I've done some reading on the story and it kind of makes sense so I think I'll defintiely pick it up.

I just posted this in the deals section, but for folks who are interested in the Limited edition console, it's a much more reasonable price from either Gamestop IE or French Amazon.
I couldn't resist and ordered mine, though I'll still order the game on PC once reviews are out. Anyone know when the review embargo is for this game?

I played the MGS1 and 2 when they first came out, don't rememeber the story really. Anyway, MGS V Ground Zeroes is on Games with Gold this month and I'm really enjoying it so far and now I'm suddenly quite looking forward to Phantom Pain.

The long cut scenes do my head in but otherwise it's looking like a great game. I've done some reading on the story and it kind of makes sense so I think I'll defintiely pick it up.

You'll love Phantom Pain, since folks who played at the 16 hour preview have complained that there's too few cutscenes. Maybe that's just the start though. And apparently the story stands out well enough that folks don't need to have played previous games in the series. This is the game I'm looking forward to the most right now. Who care's if it's my birthday in several days, MGS5 is coming! (and I'm a birthday scrooge, I don't like celebrating it anymore).

Last edited:
Cheapest place for the PS4 Steelbook? I'm going to cancel my Collectors Edition at GAME as I can't justify £100 on tat that is going to be taken out of the box once. Anyone want me pre-order?

Are many people going to be playing MGO? I remember playing it on the ps3 and enjoying it.

I will, really liked the multiplayer especially the mode where u played as snake with just sleep darts and takedownsand camo and the others had to find u, was quite funny. Just hope the sign in process isn't as bad as the ps3 version was.

Reviews this Sunday!

Amazon, they won't kill you for saying it.

I'm usually on the PC hardware forums where mentioning such things isn't allowed. Only the other day did I glance at the rules for this section and find out it's okay. So I've edited it now. Also...

Review embargo lifted this Sunday!

It was a twitter post, I'd link it if I weren't so lazy. Though the rumour's say PS4 version reviews only. I'm not ordering the PC version until I see some reviews to tell me that it works properly. I've been reading up about this game and Ground Zeroes running on PC. Someone made the good point that even if Ground Zeroes had a good launch with no issues, despite Phantom Pain being in the same engine, it still is capable of launching with issues if they don't patch it up correctly. I really do hope there are PC version reviews on Sunday. And if it turns out bad *looks at Limited Edition PS4* then I'll just have to get stuck in with the console version.

Gah I'm so very excited for this game, miles more than I am today (happens to be my birthday), just another day waiting for this to release.

Preordered mine last night on Amazon. I'm away bank holiday weekend, arriving back on the Monday with the day booked off work so fingers crossed Amazon dispatch early and I have a whole day to play!

Back
Top Bottom