Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

I honestly wonder how impatient one has to be to moan about the specific hour of a release...

And i honestly wonder how clueless one must be for you to totally miss the point. No preload and releasing at a peak time for internet usage? Gonna be like dialup more than likely.

And i honestly wonder how clueless one must be for you to totally miss the point. No preload and releasing at a peak time for internet usage? Gonna be like dialup more than likely.

You cant wait a day?

The game wont suddenly be any worse because you cant play it at the same time as other people.

I love it when people complain about not being able to play a game before the release date :D.

And what date would that be? Might have escaped your notice but pc games and set in stone release dates don't exactly happen all that often now. More often than not we can play the around the same time as anyone else.

You cant wait a day?

The game wont suddenly be any worse because you cant play it at the same time as other people.

Its more to do with the **** poor planning of the release, consoles get a preload, pc doesn't. And we all know steams track record with big releases and no preload option, not good.

Anyone notice that you cant buy it on steam? I dont know if its always been like that but even the timer has gone and it just says coming soon?

Edit- Its back up to buy again

Last edited:
You'd have to be mad to buy it from Steam at their price anyhow :p

Or is this going to be the new norm? AAA PC games starting at £45 now... Sheesh, I remember when day 1 pricing was £24 or so...

How to enjoy life:
1) Expect the worst case scenario
2) If it does turn out to be the case, at least you were prepared and can say 'told you so' to those drowning in hype
3) If things turn out to be better, you can be pleasantly surprised
4) Profit

Anyhow, the 6pm time I mentioned is what the unlock time according to the official Steam page, midday EST or of course, evening for us here in the UK. Some source are saying 5am tomorrow. I trust the Steam timer more, I don't want to wake up a few hours early to find it was for nothing. So I'll wake up the usual time and if MGS5 has unlocked, then I'll be pleasantly surprised and grateful. Otherwise I'm sleeping in (getting a few more hours of sleep) tomorrow so the wait is less.

ps4 contoller on its way too:p

Where did you order yours and at what price. I've been playing GZ with the 360 controller and it makes me want to play with mouse and keyboard. But my keyboard won't reach to the bed so I can't play it in bed :( PS4 controllers are expensive but I might buy one, especially considering my PS4 is set to arrive within the next few days (or tomorrow if it's on schedule for MGS5 release) and it would give me a second controller.

I would (will) play it on hard. MGS should always be about not being seen.

On the normal GZ plays I've seen, people get into gunfights, go all Rambo, and take out an entire base... it's just silly.

Not that MGS itself is a realistic game (of course), but it's fragile thread of plausibility does kind of hang on you playing as a stealthy agent ;)

Hard runs that I've seen mean you take about 2-3 hits then you take a dirt nap. Much more like it, tbh. Snake is not Duke Nukem.

Man I hate Ground Zeroes. Half the missions aren't even Stealth, they are run and gun missions. The Kojima rescue mission is just a massive turret segment and is impossible to complete without dying on hard. Jamais Vu seems okay at first, but then turns into a massive gunfight. While the hard difficulty is fine, certain things are near impossible due to the lack of a silenced gun to start. In classified intel acquisition, there's a camera guarding the tape which you need to shoot. S rank requires some luck and sneaking in when the camera is perfect. There's also the disadvantage of no high ground to find out where all the enemies are. And even then, I sometimes wish I had the prosthetic arm to lure them. Using magazines is fiddly. The good thing is you get a bit better the more you play. Flawless runs are easy when you know how.

Where did you order yours and at what price. I've been playing GZ with the 360 controller and it makes me want to play with mouse and keyboard. But my keyboard won't reach to the bed so I can't play it in bed :( PS4 controllers are expensive but I might buy one, especially considering my PS4 is set to arrive within the next few days (or tomorrow if it's on schedule for MGS5 release) and it would give me a second controller.

amazon 36 quid so cheaper than the xbox one controller, and blutooth, and the trackpad can be used as a mouse (im thinking for in bed mouse control)

You'd have to be mad to buy it from Steam at their price anyhow :p

Or is this going to be the new norm? AAA PC games starting at £45 now... Sheesh, I remember when day 1 pricing was £24 or so...

You would mate but I always buy keys and unlock them on Steam. Plus my point was I was a bit worried it was a last minute delay but it was just Steam acting up for 20 minutes :)

Back
Top Bottom