Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

And this again

Scott M (cdkeys.com)
1 Sep, 12:05

Hi John,

My apologies for the continued delay - we should be in a position to send the keys out in the next hour or so.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind Regards,

Scott M
Support Guru | cdkeys.com

Played the first part, and it's looking like it's going to be magic.

980Ti, all settings maxed @ 1440p, 60fps smooth and solid... GPU usage hovers around 50% and CPU usage hovers around 5% :p

Definitely don't need an i7 for this one...

I updated my Nvidia drivers yesterday to the new Phantom Pain game ready (355.82) and forgot to re-enable SLI (Titan X's)

I loaded up Ground Zeroes (4k) and it was a lot less smooth, under 60fps so you definitely need SLI for locked 60fps at 4k.

Yea, the cdkeys.com thing is a joke now. Not had an issue with them before so I would probably put this down the the publisher.

Going out now, sick of waiting. Make use of some of the day that I have off :/

Isn't cdkeys an unauthorized reseller where you do not know the origin of the keys ?

I got the game from funstock (which is authorized) and my steam key was already delievered. Too bad I am at work so I cannot use it anyway.

Isn't cdkeys an unauthorized reseller where you do not know the origin of the keys ?

I got the game from funstock (which is authorized) and my steam key was already delievered. Too bad I am at work so I cannot use it anyway.

Oh boy I wish this was made clear before, just went along with the flow!

Starting to think something must really be up. I'm starting to get worried the keys will be dodgy or something, any risk my Steam account could get in trouble? I'd rather buy another key from somewhere else if thats the case, maybe pass this one on. Might look to see if there are refunds available for CDKeys...

Starting to think something must really be up. I'm starting to get worried the keys will be dodgy or something, any risk my Steam account could get in trouble? I'd rather buy another key from somewhere else if thats the case, maybe pass this one on. Might look to see if there are refunds available for CDKeys...

I just bought Mad Max from CDKeys and it's downloading via Steam now.

Just asked them about refund as well,will see what they say,never had any problems with them,but then again why promise twice in few hours today? Dont like this situation at all

Last edited:
I just bought Mad Max from CDKeys and it's downloading via Steam now.

Thanks, I have used various key sites without a problem, so if there was not this very strange delay then I wouldn't have been worried about my account, but now this seems fishy...

I am sort of expecting them to email us all and say 'whoops sorry, due to technical issues you aren't getting a key'.

Haven't played MGS in years, anyone know if there's a video going over the story so far?

Probably, none of it makes much sense at all really and loads of stuff was ret-conned in later games.

This one is set slap bang in the middle of the series really. Here is the timeline

Games playable as 'Big Boss'
MGS3 - 1964
MGS: Peace Walker - 1974
MGS: Ground Zeroes - 1975
MGS5: Phantom Pain - 1983

Games playable as 'Solid Snake'
Metal Gear - 1995
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake - 1999
Metal Gear Solid - 2005
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - 2007/2009
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 2014

Back