Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

To those thinking its a bit simple... You are probably still very early on in the game.

It begins to very quickly increase the capabilities of enemies, negating your ability to use a single 'tranq everyone' to clear things.

They start you with baby steps, because this is one of the most complex games I've ever played, in terms of game mechanics that are occurring at the same time and all have an effect on each other. Play testing must have been a nightmare!

Well done Kojima, for sure a masterpiece.

I've just started finding this...

The enemies are starting to wear helmets making head shots a bit tougher from behind. I've also been enjoying setting off explosives and watching all the red dots on the map scatter and regroup in many different ways. It's amazing!

It's decent and I'm enjoying it but can't help but feel if this didn't have Kojima and the Metal gear name on it that it wouldn't be rated as highly as it has.

Just completed Ground Zeroes. Got a rank B, too many alarms sounded. lol :o

Thing is, says I completed 8% of the game... Is it worth playing again and completing more before moving on to The Phantom Pain? Do you get anything?

Just completed Ground Zeroes. Got a rank B, too many alarms sounded. lol :o

Thing is, says I completed 8% of the game... Is it worth playing again and completing more before moving on to The Phantom Pain? Do you get anything?

I think you just need to make sure you do all of the missions and rescue all of the prisoners, so they turn up at motherbase in Phantom Pain. (well, they appear in the list anyway). They all have really good stats as well.

I think you just need to make sure you do all of the missions and rescue all of the prisoners, so they turn up at motherbase in Phantom Pain. (well, they appear in the list anyway). They all have really good stats as well.

Yeah, I stuck them in the car and took them close to the landing area. Got all 6 of them :)

As for all the missions, not sure there are many that I can see. Get prisoners, then Paz. Apart from that things like finding tapes or something, which I found 3 of 6 I think.

Yeah, I stuck them in the car and took them close to the landing area. Got all 6 of them :)

As for all the missions, not sure there are many that I can see. Get prisoners, then Paz. Apart from that things like finding tapes or something, which I found 3 of 6 I think.
There are more missions that open up after doing the actual Ground Zeroes mission! One in particular will get you a very interesting recruit...

Check the main menu and start a mission and you will have a few to choose from. I think there are 4 iirc.

Today while playing I learnt that if you lay down an enemy face down in a puddle, they'll slowly start to drown.

You can also shoot out power lines and they'll break. If it's raining, you can shock your enemies with it.

If you start to tranquillise head shot enemies a bit too much, they'll start to wear helmets. Like doing missions in the dark? - enemies will start wearing night vision goggles. Use smoke grenades? - they'll start to wear gas masks. You can negate these actions by sending your troops out to destroy facilities which house these items. Just a few examples :D

You can also find a cassette tape that's the sound of someone relieving themselves. If you happen to be hiding in a toilet (and you have the iDroid speaker upgrade), you can play the noise out loud and the guards will avoid that stall.

Also enemies can smell you if you've been hiding away in dumpsters/toilets for too long :p

Exactly this. People saying its too repetitive/samey must be in the very early part of the game!

Back
Top Bottom