Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

The gameplay is so ****ing good. When you plan something just right and all goes well it is incredible!

I love the way the story is told along side just going about your business if you know what I mean... It really can progress at any moment when you least expect it, but I wish they hadn't sacrificed conversations between the characters in favour of these cassette tapes, which are a massive misstep imo. They don't fit the series at all...Having these characters hanging around motherbase for you to interact with would be a thousand times better than the tapes, and would be a much better way to tell the story.

This game needs to let you select your rate of fire. It's such a small oversight. Also, can you kill downed enemies? You either tranquilize or choke them out, then you can't seem to finish them off when they are on the ground? It's doesn't help that the control prompts and tips are all a mix of keyboard/controller.

This game needs to let you select your rate of fire. It's such a small oversight. Also, can you kill downed enemies? You either tranquilize or choke them out, then you can't seem to finish them off when they are on the ground? It's doesn't help that the control prompts and tips are all a mix of keyboard/controller.

You can kick them to wake them up, get them in a hold, and press Y (dunno on keyboard) to execute them. OR you could just shoot them with a lethal weapon while their down, a single shot to the head seems to do the job.

Pad works good, most of the time. I once started to get the PlayStation button prompts and a few times all buttons worked apart from left trigger to walk but would work in menus, quick quit and load back in fixed

Just ballooned a big arse grizzly brown bear which was chasing me around:D

Tried to sneak up on at at first but then it turned around and stood on its two legs.. it could smell me and then it came to find me:eek:

2luwh0p.jpg

My favourite moments are where you have to choose between playing safe in taking a risk. It is where the game excels. I just did a mission where I snuck in to a base and rescued 2 of the Diamond Dogs. I did it all without raising an alarm and even rescued one additional hostage... Then just as I was about to get in the chopper to leave, I noticed that there was another hostage being held right in the middle of the base that had just been spotted by my buddy. Do I go back in and risk it, or get on the chopper job done? (I'm Big Boss, of course I go back in!)

Brilliant!

The side objectives in each mission are a masterclass in risk/reward gameplay.

I've noticed that speed is a much bigger focus in this game than previous ones. You can run through a mission and have a massive body count behind you and get an S rank, whereas if you go through as a completionist, tranq + fulton every enemy, grab every resource and take your time you get a much lower score as the speed has such a massive impact on it.

It's a shame as I hate leaving stuff and I like to take out communications and radar but nevermind, I guess I can always replay missions later and rush a bit more.

I love it but it isnt what I expected from a Metal gear game. My favourite 2 things about MGS were the bosses and the story,of which this game has none really. Still absolutely love it though

Only jist done the first afghan mission to get miller, decided to replay it to try out the fulton and I found a little puppy ^_^

Got a husky back at Base now and a cute little cut scene for him DD

Wait, are you really complaining the underside of has a low texture? :confused:.

Controls are excellent. Play the game more.

Some rocks are a little frustrating, does not bother me too much.

I dunno some time the controls are a little off but part of that is the prompts seeming to choose randomly if they're gona be controller or kb and mouse

Back
Top Bottom