Metal Gear Solid. The Phantom pain.

Associate
Yea, you'd like to think they had at least made some effort in regards to optimisation.. not talking about fridge freezer pc ultra settings here. Just the game running smooth/normal

Associate
Cannot wait for this, games don't get me that excited any more but when a gem like this comes around...everything else comes to a halt :D

Soldato
Seems a bit processor dependant?

the other Metal Gear game that came out recently which was basically a tech demo?

I thought that that was showing off the graphics engine ready for this release?

If so and assuming it therefore is using that engine, that ran really well..

Soldato
the other Metal Gear game that came out recently which was basically a tech demo?

I thought that that was showing off the graphics engine ready for this release?

If so and assuming it therefore is using that engine, that ran really well..

Same here I was quite surprised at how well the game ran and looked on my modest PC.

Suspended
I love the Metal Gear franchise, but none of them ever really captured the gameplay of Metal Gear Solid for me, Snake Eater was good the next good one. I liked MGS4 but MGS just had that special feel about it.

Nonetheless I'm looking forward to this.

Associate
I'm going to guess that the MGS games follow a story? Got The Phantom Pain free with my 980Ti and fancy playing it but have never played a single MGS game!

Associate
You've NEVER played any of them? :eek::eek::eek:

Oh how you have missed out!

The amount of people who have said that to me is well into the hundreds! :D

I'm absolutely awful at stealth games so that's why it has passed me by but having got this for free, I want to give it a go but I know it's very much a story-driven game.

Soldato
The amount of people who have said that to me is well into the hundreds! :D

I'm absolutely awful at stealth games so that's why it has passed me by but having got this for free, I want to give it a go but I know it's very much a story-driven game.

If it was me, and i hadn't played a single game.. i'd try and cram 1, 2, 3 and 4 in before release. its pretty doable. (3 was by far the best game out of the lot by the way)

thankfully i've done them all (well, the major releases anyways) :D

Back
Top Bottom