• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Microsoft Locks Ryzen, Kaby Lake Users Out of Updates On Windows 7, 8.1

Soldato
There is a certain comedy to the fact people complained that the Win8 stat screen was bigger and more bloated than the Win7 one, and now they complain that the Win10 one is too streamlined/functional XD
It's not really streamlined, it's got a load of crap on it by default that no-one wants. Also, I have several programs that I've manually pinned to the Start menu and none of them ever comes up when I use the search feature. The only way to open the programs is to actually click the button, which is dumb.

Soldato
It's not really streamlined, it's got a load of crap on it by default that no-one wants. Also, I have several programs that I've manually pinned to the Start menu and none of them ever comes up when I use the search feature. The only way to open the programs is to actually click the button, which is dumb.

Not had that problem myself in regards to the search feature tbh. So far actually W10 search has been really good for me. It is streamlined if you remove the apps you don't want. Not sure that is really an issue. There are a good number of improvements that could be made but for the general day to day I don't think it has any issues.

Soldato
It is streamlined if you remove the apps you don't want. Not sure that is really an issue. There are a good number of improvements that could be made but for the general day to day I don't think it has any issues.
"Yeah it comes with loads of bloatware but at least you can hide it."

Not had that problem myself in regards to the search feature tbh. So far actually W10 search has been really good for me.
Yeah it's pretty useless for me, even if I manually put shortcuts in the Start menu directory, they don't show up when searching.

Soldato
"Yeah it comes with loads of bloatware but at least you can hide it."

Yeah it's pretty useless for me, even if I manually put shortcuts in the Start menu directory, they don't show up when searching.

In regards to bloatware, it is no different to those widget things that MS always had tbh. They are just in the same location on the start menu as your apps and not a silly tab bar to the side of your screen :/ and as you say not like you can't hide or even uninstall a number of them.

In regardless to the start menu and shortcut issue that doesn't sound great and would be frustrating but I haven't had that issue at all since having W10.

Back
Top Bottom