**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Soldato
there's also a 13"
i think it depends on what its main use is, if you want to use it as a tablet a lot, then yes I think its to big, however you mainly want it as a laptop with occasionally detaching it then i think 15" is nice. 15.6 would be nicer, then have a cheap 10-11" tablet for pure media consumption.

I like the compactness and the weight of the sp4 pro. Very easy to whip the dock connector out and take it to a meeting. The 13" SB2 is twice the weight though, and the 15" is heavier and over a larger screen. I think I'd prefer a 15" surface pro over a surface book as a I don't need the discrete gpu or the built in keyboard but I doubt there's anything in the pipeline. Like you said, very much down to usage.

Associate
The 15 inch version is pretty much the perfect device for me with that 1060 but, wonder what the pricing will be when it comes here? Probably be able to pick up a cheaper 1060 laptop with an iPad for the same price and have a better experience?

Man of Honour
The 15 inch version is pretty much the perfect device for me with that 1060 but, wonder what the pricing will be when it comes here? Probably be able to pick up a cheaper 1060 laptop with an iPad for the same price and have a better experience?
looking at the 13" prices and that its only available in i7, im going to guess starting at £2500.

edit its now 1:1 pricing so just replace $ with £ sign

4scspy.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
In other words, too much for me to consolidate my desktop, my Surface and my cheap Hudl!
see edit in last post, if you look at ms sote now its 1:1 conversions
and yep i would love surface book 2 and a 10" windows 10 arm tablet when they are released, but at 2.5k no chance.

Associate
see edit in last post, if you look at ms sote now its 1:1 conversions
and yep i would love surface book 2 and a 10" windows 10 arm tablet when they are released, but at 2.5k no chance.

At the very least, they seem to have dropped having a version that doesn't have the discrete graphics card.

I'm with you on the ARM based windows tablets. Not read much about them recently though so was unsure if that will still happen

Man of Honour
At the very least, they seem to have dropped having a version that doesn't have the discrete graphics card.

I'm with you on the ARM based windows tablets. Not read much about them recently though so was unsure if that will still happen
it was meant to be ready for the fall creators update(today) but they delayed to by end of year, and due to lack of updates I now reckon it won't be available till the next w10 updates.

Associate
I just got an SP4 after epic issues with my mbp, I haven't really used windows since Win7 but it still feels llike coming home. Been able to connect my android phone to a PC for the first time in years without swearing and my lap is no longer aflame when watching videos.

The type cover has seemed to give up it once or twice until I reconnect, is that a known thing or just bad luck?

Associate
I just got an SP4 after epic issues with my mbp, I haven't really used windows since Win7 but it still feels llike coming home. Been able to connect my android phone to a PC for the first time in years without swearing and my lap is no longer aflame when watching videos.

The type cover has seemed to give up it once or twice until I reconnect, is that a known thing or just bad luck?

Mine has never done that. Maybe try a firmware update or something?

I've had two surface products and I think they are quality.

Associate
Mine has never done that. Maybe try a firmware update or something?

I've had two surface products and I think they are quality.

It may be that the cover wasn't properly connected then, I had just been messing about with it both times.

I agree on the quality, I was not expecting to type this much quicker on this kind of keyboard but it feels great. Windows, whilst still not perfect, is a million miles from how I remember it.

Soldato
The SB2 looks like a beast, how far behind is the mobile 1060 compared to the desktop version?

So due to my desktop being out of action, I've been using the SP4 a lot more heavily, a quick attachment with the dock to my two monitors doesn't seem to have any issues. There are some scaling quirks (100% monitor vs the Surface's 200%) but it's more down to Windows.

Man of Honour
The SB2 looks like a beast, how far behind is the mobile 1060 compared to the desktop version?

So due to my desktop being out of action, I've been using the SP4 a lot more heavily, a quick attachment with the dock to my two monitors doesn't seem to have any issues. There are some scaling quirks (100% monitor vs the Surface's 200%) but it's more down to Windows.
Essentially the same.
http://digiworthy.com/2016/09/26/nvidia-gtx-1060-laptop-vs-desktop-benchmarks/

Associate
I'd be surprised if these there's ever anymore ARM Windows tablets.
There's no point anymore.

I'm interested in the Surface Laptop as my perfect laptop, but not at current pricing.

ARM tablets that run full windows I can definitely see the point. Much cheaper and more power efficient hardware.

However, windows RT based ARM systems are definitely dead.

Back
Top Bottom