**** Microsoft Surface Pro 4 Thread ****

Soldato
No pen now the ...
Premium device, the tablet thats meant to replace your laptop (so the MS marketting department tell us) has never come with a keybaord, now, without the pen as well, wonder if the price will now drop to reflect this..

Soldato
I'm also waiting for them to redesign the bloody PSU, theres no reason that the USB port on the PSU cant be connected to the device, its the Surface Port which we already know has connectors for everything as the dock uses it..
Think of all of the issues they've had with low USB output stopping certain external devices not working properly due to power, this would solve that..

Caporegime
I'm also waiting for them to redesign the bloody PSU, theres no reason that the USB port on the PSU cant be connected to the device, its the Surface Port which we already know has connectors for everything as the dock uses it..
Think of all of the issues they've had with low USB output stopping certain external devices not working properly due to power, this would solve that..

I mentioned the USB power ever since I got my 3 Pro and got shouted down as no one uses blu ray drives etc.

Soldato
I mentioned the USB power ever since I got my 3 Pro and got shouted down as no one uses blu ray drives etc.

I've been the same, its not just about BluRay, I have a USB3 ethernet adapter with 3 USB3 ports on it, you can power all of the ports/devices out of the stock USB port because of the power limitations, regardless of people not using BR drives its a ******* limitation with no actual reason for being a limitation...

Soldato
I've been the same, its not just about BluRay, I have a USB3 ethernet adapter with 3 USB3 ports on it, you can power all of the ports/devices out of the stock USB port because of the power limitations, regardless of people not using BR drives its a ******* limitation with no actual reason for being a limitation...
£2,699.00 for an i7 1tb 16gb? are they high?

the macbook pro is cheaper!

Man of Honour
Question about the new Surface Pro just ananounced:

Why is there a £600 jump between the i7/256GB/8GB and i7/512GB/16GB models? Do they suddenly start bundling the accessories or something?
nvme 1tb is about £400 more than a 512gb one, and then your usual surcharge. Would need a tare down and see what's in each model but one review did say that the 1tb is a better faster drive.
if your using that much data, then you will be doing it for work so can write a lot of the cost off.
its a shame they don't have a 128gb , 16gb, i7, especially as you can expand through Sd card.

surfaces will lways have a big premium on them, the oems just need a kick up the but to produce similar devices and a better price point. even when there is something comparable its only marginally cheaper.

Soldato
I'm on a Surface Pro 3 i7 8Gb 256Gb at the mo, gets a bit noisy tho, be interesting to see what they've done to get the i5 fanless and if it throttles when ou hammer the crap out of it vs how often the fan on the i7 kicks in...

Man of Honour
:eek: someone finally gets it, not going to pledge though as it goes against my check list, but hopefully it makes it to market though. Unsure on the cpu though, need to look at some speed tests etc.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/chuwi-surbook-affordable-2-in-1-intel-pc-tablet--3#/

(unbelievably tempting at that price, but no cant do it)

hope it does well and delivers, if it does then make a 10" version when windows 10 on arm comes out and stick snapdragon 835 and lte in there.

also not a fan of usb charging, but at least you can buy the breakaway magnetic cables for them, unlike the stupid pin power supplies what ever they are called.

Last edited:
Soldato
why does chuwi need backing on indiegogo? :confused: it's not like they're a start up outfit, they've been around for a few years now. Got two chuwi hi8 pros here.

Id be wary of anything made by chuwi, their support isnt brilliant, most of their products have issues which chuwi arent/wont address. The surbook is definitely one to watch but IMO sit back and let other people do the beta testing for you.

Last edited:
Associate
Is anyone running the i5 with 4GB SP4? I was looking for a portable solution for light administrative tasks and quick code edits via Sublime or Visual Studio for when not sat in-front of a soon to be purchased iMac. I have previously only had a laptop so wanted something portable for times when need to be tinkering or working away from the desk. The i5/4GB seem to be popping up second hand here and there so looked a viable option if was up to it. Any feedback?

Back
Top Bottom