*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Ace

Ace

Associate
Thanks for the video link, looks like I'll try this out when the RTM or whatever they call the final version these days gets released.

Permabanned
Huge, full screen app draw? its neither of those things, what res you running it at?

wezxokx.png

As expected, Windows 11 includes an updated task scheduler which is designed for big.little CPU architecture

there are significant performance improvement over Windows 10 for big.little CPUs

https://hothardware.com/news/windows-11-gives-hybrid-architectures-a-single-threaded-boost

The tiling options pop-up when you hover the maximise button is a lovely touch.

cavrUnP.png

So, to summarize.

Microsoft is releasing Windows 11 that looks like a heavily optimised OS for mobile, low performance processors, with in the best case up to 10% performance improvement in those very specific SKUs, theme that looks terrible with this centre-focused position of the taskbar icons, focus on smartphone-type apps, and new improvement to load the necessary drivers on the go...

Meh!

What do the content creators, classic desktop users, gamers get from this?
Nothing!

Permabanned
So, this is just a renamed Windows 10X.

Microsoft should move this "Windows 11" to ultrabooks and tablets devices, while letting the normal Windows 10 live several more years.

Until they find a way, and imagination to build a modern, good-looking OS for all the users, not only those that have low performance, mobile ones.

Soldato
So, to summarize.

Microsoft is releasing Windows 11 that looks like a heavily optimised OS for mobile, low performance processors, with in the best case up to 10% performance improvement in those very specific SKUs, theme that looks terrible with this centre-focused position of the taskbar icons, focus on smartphone-type apps, and new improvement to load the necessary drivers on the go...

Meh!

What do the content creators, classic desktop users, gamers get from this?
Nothing!
Virtual-Box-w11-19-06-2021-20-25-51.png

You can put the Start menu back to the left hand side, at least in this release.Though, knowing Microsoft's fine wisdom, they will probably remove that ability.

I am also feeling a little cheesed off at the new system requirements which means that I have two machines which will either continue to run Windows 10 or just buy new machines for Windows 11. :rolleyes:

Permabanned

You can put the Start menu back to the left hand side, at least in this release.Though, knowing Microsoft's fine wisdom, they will probably remove that ability.

I am also feeling a little cheesed off at the new system requirements which means that I have two machines which will either continue to run Windows 10 or just buy new machines for Windows 11. :rolleyes:

there are simple workarounds to bypass the system requirements.

Permabanned
OP

What the **** point is there in that? Then it's just Windows 10! FFS.

Ace

Ace

Associate
Personally I just want it to be very lightweight with great performance, it's mainly just a launcher for the other software

My thoughts exactly, if it's just a less bloated win10 that runs better sign me up. Although I will make it look more like win10. :)

Back
Top Bottom