*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Man of Honour

So basically bringing back Windows 7 style but worse, though has a small number of decent additions missing in 7 but still doesn't have one feature which would be useful to me - the option of having a list of currently open and/or recent explorer windows in the left hand navigation pane which you can drag and drop to or re-open.

Associate
KB5026446 should be optional, but on my machine it installed when I checked for updates. Not really a problem for me, but it would be nice if Microsoft didn't automatically install updates intended for preview.

Permabanned
OP
So basically bringing back Windows 7 style but worse, though has a small number of decent additions missing in 7 but still doesn't have one feature which would be useful to me - the option of having a list of currently open and/or recent explorer windows in the left hand navigation pane which you can drag and drop to or re-open.

Sometimes you have to go back to go forward. It's getting better just takes time.

Permabanned
OP
Some more good news for Win11 features, now that never combine is rolling out, Windows Backup gets released too:

I wonder if this windows backup will be paid via subscription or if it will be tied into OneDrive some how.

Last edited:
Soldato

Have 2 more projects for MS.

1. NTFS could use a big update. I am no dev., so no specifics.
2. The Registry, OMG organize that.
all it needs is 2 main trees System & User.

Back
Top Bottom