*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Permabanned
OP
but I wouldn’t say it’s markedly better.

Maybe they don’t want to make it better. All they need to do is make sure they sell licences albeit being OEM or retail, that’s how I perceive it.

If they show progression in terms of not working to working that’s something stable that’s all that matters right?

They have given a lot of licences away since w11 was first released.

Am I the only one that hasn't seen any ads in Windows yet? :p

I haven’t seen an ad yet. Might be only aimed at home edition though.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Holy **** I just realised how ******* stupid Microsoft are - I straight up disabled the Widgets option on the taskbar as I have no use for that stuff but was just doing an upgrade on another system for someone and had a quick look at it... it is everything the Start Menu should be - aesthetically looks good, have group management and customisation options, etc. etc. sadly you can't really repurpose it as a Start Menu from what I can see at a quick glance... on the flip side as a news/information feed it is pretty bad...

How are the developers of this OS such incompetent clowns?

*facepalms repeatedly*

That thing gets turned off instantly if I see it on any machine.

Permabanned
OP
I hate it, it is obnoxiously massive and pointless. One you've been using classic start for so long anything else feels inferior in most ways imaginable.

Are you sure you are completely removing it or simply turning off in taskbar settings? As it stills runs in the BG otherwise (WINKEY+W) :p

CMD for those wanting to get rid of it fully:

# Remove the installed package for each user
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Where-Object {$_.Name -like "*WebExperience*"} | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue

Mhm - it’s scripted / and/or done with GPO on all of the businesses I deal with so it never comes back!

Dirty rotten dog hounds.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
Annoying updating to 11 on the laptop though as it meant wrestling with that Nahimic **** that is bundled with a lot of them, which causes more sound problems than it "solves" and acts like malware constantly trying to reinstall itself. Definitely got to research and never buy a device or motherboard which uses that rubbish in the future.

EDIT: Linking to an article on it in case anyone else finds it useful https://dovidenko.com/2021/1233/nahimic-uninstalling-blocking-msi-bloatware.html

That’s baaaad. I’ll never buy a MSI product again.

Permabanned
OP
Not just MSI, a bunch of gaming laptops from several brands come with it as well as some MSI motherboards - it isn't really necessary software and in too many cases causes weird random bugs, might even be related to the problem I'm having with my gaming laptop though from what I can see I've fully removed it from the laptop. The problem is the way the software works which makes it a pain to remove, If I'd have realised sooner I'd have definitely returned the laptop over it.

Then I’ll make sure that the specific device doesn’t come with it.

Permabanned
OP
Tbh I don't even look at windows updates any more.. It only gets updated after I've told it to sod off several times and I finally reboot...
.. by which point hopefully any errors have been fixed!

I’ve started ignoring manually looking for updates now. I leave the systems to do their thing. By this point things like this should be resolved.

It gets annoying manually updating stuff all the time.

Permabanned
OP
After upgrading to 11 a few months ago I was indifferent about it, not good, not bad vs 10… but after the latest update with the new explorer I’m regretting it. Really buggy, have to keep manually killing explorer process and relaunching when it locks up

That's odd, not had a crash yet in windows 11 explorer.
My windows version is 22631.2861 (Windows 11 23H2, PRO)

Reactions: TNA
Permabanned
OP
It's so nice to have consistency in an OS, there are now three settings apps, it it just wonderful to not know where anything is.

To be fair we could have stayed on windows 10 for all I cared I used LTSC and instead of win 12 coming out they could have improved 10. I wish they would have but instead they start to wind down support slowly. I moved to 12 as soon as I knew this was happening.

I have to keep up it’s my job.

Permabanned
OP
How on Earth are they going to support all of these OSs. Is it just less support for each one now?

Them are the ones who fetched a new OS out. It’s about keeping the money train rolling in and what perfect way to do it.

Release a new OS, bream it and pretend to fix stuff over the years until it expires and they release a new one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom