*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

It supposed to be on general release now. Not showing when I try windows update or via the Windows 11 download page. I guess I'll wait then.

Yes it is on release but it is only being rolled out to "AI Copilot computers" i.e laptops first.
PCs will come later, probably after November and the roll out is done in stages so it could be a good while before you get it on windows update.
Also Insider preview channel is best avoided if you want all your games/programs to work

Ms is making Recall even worse, now it will also scan all your files and do screenshots:-(
Its like they want everyone to move to Linux.

Bloody hell. What the absolute ****!

Might just have to dual boot with Linux or wait for a build that has it properly stripped out. Don't trust disabling it as MS are known for re-enabling things.

Might just have to dual boot with Linux or wait for a build that has it properly stripped out. Don't trust disabling it as MS are known for re-enabling things.
I am thinking about moving to Linux and running windows on a very limited VM for my work stuff.

Reactions: TNA

I just hope people will kick off if the feature can't be fully disabled. I don't mind it as a feature if we the users have 100% control over it - won't use it myself but I can see where it can be useful, but if it is running all the time even at a reduced feature level that is a big nope.

MS seems desperate for people's data though so wouldn't surprise me if they try and iteratively turn it on and increasingly use it for telemetry :s

And that's kind of the point. I realised some time ago that I didn't believe that MS has the user's best interests at heart. As already mentioned, even if they allow it to be disabled, I don't think anyone would be surprised if they turned it on again at some point through one of their many disruptive updates.

I don't trust them at all.

When I go through my photo's I keep getting this bloody annoying message every 3rd photo prompting me to download Microsoft ClipChamp (or something like that) and it's really brassing me off. Clicking on x doesn't keep it from coming back. There must be some way to get rid of it? If this is the future of windows they can stuff it!!

Back
Top Bottom