*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

When I go through my photo's I keep getting this bloody annoying message every 3rd photo prompting me to download Microsoft ClipChamp (or something like that) and it's really brassing me off. Clicking on x doesn't keep it from coming back. There must be some way to get rid of it? If this is the future of windows they can stuff it!!

Probably why they disabled the old Image Preview as well :( though you can re-enable that for now via the registry but it doesn't work quite 100%.

To copy from someone else but this is one of the things I do on installing Windows 11 and should prevent it:

"Settings > System > Notifications > Additional Settings > Untick all three options"

It is such a pain now installing Windows 11 and having to go through everything, changing the printscreen button back to using the clipboard, reinstating the context menu, etc. etc. sure some of that can be automated but then MS change things around for LOLs and you have to rework that as well...

Last edited:
Sadly I did that when I installed Windows so that doesn't work. Are Microsoft intentionally making Windows such a unpleasant experience to force people away from the platform? You would certainly think so with all the nonsense they are forcing on us!!

I really think they are. Have you tried Edge from a fresh install/new user experience? It's like 12 clicks now to get online and download Firefox!

Be nice if they spent some time fixing long standing issues like the onscreen keyboard intermittently not showing on the login screen on touch devices (why there is no button on the screen to manually open it by now beats me) before spending yet more time on features no one has asked for or needs.

I really think they are. Have you tried Edge from a fresh install/new user experience? It's like 12 clicks now to get online and download Firefox!
I download everything I need onto a USB stick on the old pc before installing on the upgraded pc so I never have to use Edge. I gave up on Firefox as well and use Floorp now.

Edge isn't *that* bad.....
Most of the clicks you're referring to I think are dealing with the default homepage ad-banner crap.

Setting up Firefox usefully to disable all of it's added junk is just as bad, unless you just copy in an existing profile, and even that becomes a PITA when they suddenly decide to change something.....

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but before I was able to sign in to my desktop, I was greeted by a message from MS to 'complete setup' or be reminded in 3 days.

Took me through some options, but to cut a long story short, they wanted me to sign in rather than using a local account.

Hardly surprising that's what they want but as I went through with it and said No, I'm hoping they won't prompt me with that **** again!

Not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but before I was able to sign in to my desktop, I was greeted by a message from MS to 'complete setup' or be reminded in 3 days.

Took me through some options, but to cut a long story short, they wanted me to sign in rather than using a local account.

Hardly surprising that's what they want but as I went through with it and said No, I'm hoping they won't prompt me with that **** again!
You can turn it off in notifications and actions, under additional settings. If you don't it'll come up every time you restart.

Back
Top Bottom