*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Soldato
I dont have the colour changing issue but yeh you have to manually sort start menu, have to say though its rock solid for me and looks fantastic, finally I dont feel the need for third party themes, the dark theme with purple looks fantastic, overall I'm impressed with it already, its a ton more advanced than the leak was too.

Last edited:
Soldato
"Win 11 Boot And Upgrade FiX KiT v1.5" apparently works
I haven't tried this yet, but I might later.

I was able to just copy the entire Windows 11 ISO to my USB stick, after converting the install.wim to install.esd to get below the FAT32 4GB file size limit. After running the below reg file from command prompt (Shift + F10), setup continued as though nothing was wrong. :cool:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\LabConfig]
"BypassTPMCheck"=dword:00000001
"BypassSecureBootCheck"=dword:00000001

Soldato
I've installed the dev preview.

Trying to personalise it and adjust theme, after changing colour it freezes, minimising window and maximising seems to fix it, or closing and re opening.

Taskbar at the bottom doesn't seem to be very transparent, can't adjust that.

And I seem to have a dilemma with the start menu, how do I organise and sort things? It seems like the new start menu might aswell just be a big list? Feels like it's going to push me to fill my desktop with icons.
I had that issue also, the Settings app just froze after changing colour - but the colour changed after closing Settings then re-opening.

Soldato
I dont have the colour changing issue but yeh you have to manually sort start menu, have to say though its rock solid for me and looks fantastic, finally I dont feel the need for third party themes, the dark theme with purple looks fantastic, overall I'm impressed with it already, its a ton more advanced than the leak was too.

Think I want the old start menu lol, even if it's sorted it's still a bit annoying looking at a big list or even having to scroll with this one!

I had that issue also, the Settings app just froze after changing colour - but the colour changed after closing Settings then re-opening.

I'm sure it'll get ironed out.

I love the window sorting.

Soldato
How do you set default apps? I installed Firefox and tried to set it as the default browser, but I don't see the option to do this - unless you have to manually select each file type that Firefox can open, which seems like a backwards move to me. :confused:

Associate
If anyone figures out a way to get the programs/folders to show the taskbar names instead of icons let me know as its the only one thing I hate so far about 11. Can't see any options to enable it.

Even with the start menu put back to the left and using either the registry or local group policy editor to enable it, it doesn't work. Annoying as the option is in there called "Prevent grouping of taskbar items" but doesn't do anything at least in the latest 11 build 22000.51.

V F

V F

Soldato
Associate
I installed W11 via the Insider Prog. dev channel. It's working really well, no issues at all so far!

I enabled fTPM in the BIOS (X570 Aorus Ultra with 5900X).

Not yet sure if I'll stick with it or clean install W10 again, just wanted to try it as I was planning a clean W10 install anyway.

Soldato
Downloading now
For some reason, couldn't see the TPM setting in the bios until the 5th restart then bam - there it was.
Not sure if it was a man look, or I changed something inadvertently

Back
Top Bottom