*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Caporegime
Only just found out about W11, 51 pages already!

My main rig supposedly can't run it because I might not have/don't have TPM 2.0 turned on.

3700X/X370/32GB

Edit - gone into TPM settings and it says one can't be found. I must be missing, can't believe a relatively modern setup like this can't bloody install the latest version of Windows?

V F

V F

Soldato
The latest statement Microsoft put out is interesting.

They said they are very confident any pc with Intel 8th gen or newer or ryzen 2000 or newer will meet the tpm requirements but for other CPUs that are not actually sure. Between now and launch they will be working to identify which older CPUs can perform the firmware TPM functions and if they pass they will be added to the supported CPU list - the first CPUs they will be testing is the Intel 7th gen and Ryzen 1000.

So there is still hope that people with older systems will get W11 if it passes the tests Microsoft will do, so stop buying TPM 2.0 modules off eBay at $200 cause you may regret it

Sad and hilarious at the same time. Many places you cannot even pre-order them now. What a world. The acts of exploitation and desperation.

Associate

My main rig supposedly can't run it because I might not have/don't have TPM 2.0 turned on.

3700X/X370/32GB

Edit - gone into TPM settings and it says one can't be found. I must be missing, can't believe a relatively modern setup like this can't bloody install the latest version of Windows?
Check in your bios for a setting, on my Z370 Intel board it was under peripherals, its called something different though, on mine it is Intel platform trust technology (PTT) but on AMD boards it's called something else.

Caporegime
fTPM.

doodah hasn't read the thread properly! ;)
50 pages man! Still catching up on all the goals I missed last night.
Check in your bios for a setting, on my Z370 Intel board it was under peripherals, its called something different though, on mine it is Intel platform trust technology (PTT) but on AMD boards it's called something else.
Cheers :)
It's 11 pages if you have man-size settings enabled. :p
Hahaha! I think I am on 20 per page and have hated any other setting since I first started using OcUK :o.

Last edited:

G J

G J

Associate
I'm going to have a wild uneducated guess but no way would I buy a TPM module off some random ebay/seller scalped or not.

Intresting though people getting mad a Microsoft... youve left it way too late now to start holding them accountable as soon a Windows 8/8.1 and 10 arrived some of you complained/made excuses and bent over anyway.

Last edited:
Associate
You would have done this anyway buying a new OS right?
I thought it was free to upgrade? If they are charging for it, I am definitely not upgrading!

P.S. Managed to enable TPM via CPU firmware. So should be okay? Although version is listed as 2.0, but TPM specification sub-version as 1.38, so not sure which one it is.

Caporegime
So how did Microsoft go from "no major Window releases anymore" to Linus/the whole internet grabbing a copy before release to this whole TPM/strict requirements debacle :p?

Soldato

3700X/X370/32GB

I have just enabled "Intel Platform Trust Technology (PTT)" in the bios and win10 says..........

TYB5Tyx.jpg

Anyone paying $200 for a TPM has a screw loose. It's not much more expensive to buy a supported motherboard and CPU.

Im amazed that my board supports TPM because its about 3yrs old now.

Back
Top Bottom