*** Microsoft Windows 11 Thoughts & Discussion Thread ***

Permabanned
Just installed on my web browsing PC, which was always going to be my test bed as its got nothing on it except office, installed pretty quick, seems ok

JvckzEl.png

Anything different to Windows 10 other than the weird central placement of the taskbar icons? lol

And no Android app support until next year. I feel like they're rushing this release.

They are rushing the release. Why on October 5th? Are they trolling us for some reason? :(

Soldato
Dunno why anyone is excited for Windows 11 - despite some cool ideas and an aesthetic which in concept is probably what a modern Windows should be it is all the same shambles all over again in implementation and execution, half-finished ideas before jumping onto the next "cool" idea, treating the end user like a product, etc.

Lots of talk about the end user experience while ignoring most of the tenants of what makes for a good quality of life experience.

If it wasn't for most alternatives aren't great, no real options for a broad range of tasks and compatibility for work related stuff (though increasingly that is moving to cloud, Sharepoint, etc.) I'd have left Windows behind long ago - sadly I do too many things where I have no option but to use Windows.

I generally try to be a tolerant and easy going person who doesn't wish ill on people but the developers on this OS have their heads so firmly up their own behinds I really do wish the worst on them.

It's the worst OS yet.. People only want it because its the latest, so it must be the greatest. I just hope MS doesn't force us gamers to upgrade, but they will, as they have always done with all other OS.....

Man of Honour
It's the worst OS yet.. People only want it because its the latest, so it must be the greatest. I just hope MS doesn't force us gamers to upgrade, but they will, as they have always done with all other OS.....

The frustrating thing is some things should be moving in the right direction, but just aren't, there have been some attempts to clean things up like the mess of File Explorer but it has only gone so far before they seem to have moved on to other things while some useful features have got lost along the way and new useful features seem to be an afterthought or delayed. The UI if they really embraced the design language and brought the whole OS into line with it would be great but again implementation/execution is lacking and more time seems to have been spent on features no one has ever asked for or wants and are foisted on the end user so you have to then go through the actions of disabling them :s

There seems little real concern to the end user quality of life experience and a lot of treating the end user like a product.

Man of Honour
lol :)

The overly simplistic interface is irritating. I want GUI control over most things, and in-depth options. Should I feel lucky we still have access to the old control panel etc at present?

I suspect there are a few bits no one understands well enough to risk ripping it out or it would have already been gone :o

Soldato
Any one had the email saying their PC doesn't meet the required specs for the inside program telling them to install a fresh version of windows 10?

Just had one but don't know why, the PC passes all the tests and running update is pulling the latest preview

Soldato
Any one had the email saying their PC doesn't meet the required specs for the inside program telling them to install a fresh version of windows 10?

Just had one but don't know why, the PC passes all the tests and running update is pulling the latest preview

Yep, got that too. PC has all the necessary stuff, running 11 in a VirtualBox session and it's just updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview 22449.1000 (rs_prerelease), so the email appears to be nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom