Miele really worth it?

Soldato
I would say no.

I am a massive Miele fan, all my appliances are Miele or Gaggenau however I just cant see how its worth paying £1 to £2k for a washing machine when £500+/- will get you a really good Bosch (just as good spec as the Miele) washing machine which you can replace after 5 years if it dies.

Totally agree. When I was looking for a new dishwasher, I came to the conclusion that to get a Miele better than a Bosch, I'd need to spend well over £500.

Associate
Not to hijack the ops thread but does anyone have any experience with any of the Samsung Eco Bubble machines? I'm really torn between one of these and an LG.

Soldato
We have a Miele Washer/Dryer - it's 7 years old now and still going strong. No regrets whatsoever with buying it. Very quiet too, even on a 1600 rpm spin cycle.

You're really the only one who can decide what to get. Yes, they are more reliable than other manufacturers, but I imagine you could probably get something that will be just as reliable for less money.

Soldato
£200 Beko owner. Bite me.

£280 Samsumg owner here, lick me.

Owned it for over three years now and still ticks over nicely after doing 3-4 washes each week pretty much every week.

£1000+ on a washing machine, seriously? Only if I had deep pockets could I justify that sort of money on a dull white good.

Soldato
Not to hijack the ops thread but does anyone have any experience with any of the Samsung Eco Bubble machines? I'm really torn between one of these and an LG.

I liked them, but I preferred the LG machines. The higher end LG's allow you to put liquid detergent in the drawer at the top because they recycle the water in the sump and spray it down on the clothes, making them more efficient and easier to use. You'll know if it has this feature because there will be a small spout/nozzle thing just behind the top of the hatch on the inside.

Back
Top Bottom