Milkyway@home - July update

Associate
I blame toxic and halz - Id have money in the bank if it weren't for those two :eek::D

I would like to follow you on that. I blame them as well ;).

OK all of my upgrades were before they really kicked off but i still blame them :p especially as they are making me want to upgrade again so sooner rather than later :D

Soldato

OK all of my upgrades were before they really kicked off but i still blame them :p especially as they are making me want to upgrade again so sooner rather than later :D

Having just got your 6.5 mil tiify I think you are doing OK and recommend that you save the money instead - from a purely neutral point of view, not that Im attached to my cell or anything ;)

Soldato

Am shocked..really ;):D
Nah me and halz have agreed at least a 1 month hardware truce so our bank balances recover....and i was pig sick of egg n chips.
Am actually going to be sensible and start getting rid of excess stuff, am not to keen on mm and fed up of fees on the bay. So if anyones looking for a monitor such as Acer S243HL warranty and only 7 weeks old be sure to message me. Once i get rid of that am changing these 800d cases just not happy with airflow especially with 3 gpu.
Hope your all having a good weekend :D

Soldato
OP
got a 4870x2 sitting here doing sod all :(

:eek:

Right will fit the card later and test it out then see how it behaves, If all is well then it will be on for MW@h and I will have to issue some parps ;)

That gpu should give some great PPD on Milkyway, a lot of parpage too :)

Cool - whats the ettiquete behind recruiting people?
I was thinking maybe we could post in the graphics forums asking for ati owners to join the team? a lot of people stay out of these DC forums..

Would you believe me if I told you that I was already working on that very idea :) , great minds......

Man of Honour
Ok but take it gently, we used to do recruiting runs, they tended to work much better if one of the teams has a target or are under threat.

Generic requests for crunchers can lead to some heated exchanges as a large proportion of people don't agree with it for one reason or another, I guess as this is the sort of site where a lot of people (especially the ones that post) are pretty clued up to most things computer wise, they already know about it and have decided not to participate.

Don't get me wrong, nothing against it and it can have a positive effect, just be ready for the naysayers and negative vibes :) Seti in particular isn't a popular one.

Soldato
OP
Well that is certainly food for thought, going to think some more on that one.

Just a quick heads up for the team, the first OcUK Milkyway@home Team News comes out this weekend :D

Soldato
Begging your pardon Toxic, but I seem to have stomped you... sorry about that old bean.

By the way:

cpartcert1.php

Not exactly a hooooge tiffy, but it's a start.

Soldato
OP
Begging your pardon Toxic, but I seem to have stomped you... sorry about that old bean.

By the way:

'10000 Tiffy'

Not exactly a hooooge tiffy, but it's a start.

You have to start somewhere and thats good enough for me, nice one, look forward to your next one real soon :)

Soldato
When someone has a few free mins could i ask for the following :)

The link for optimised milkyway apps and how to give higher priority to mway, i want to crunch gpu for seti and cpu for mway and it seems daft to carry on downloading cpu tasks for seti but not sure how to do it properly. Its been a rough week and my attention span is not good but would appreciate the help.
Thanks in advance...TBag :)

Back
Top Bottom